I need help so bad

S

StiGmA-1

argh silly me...didnt read the post above me carefully enough. anyways yea i guess that supports the mb compatability thing...can anyone recommend any ram that is fully supported by an ASUS KTM Slot-A mb? (geez...the things i do for this game...first a power supply and now new ram...and if this doesnt work then im giving up on it)

NoNameRequired

Administrator and Blizzard Tech FAQ Editor
Reaction score
Re: hey

Originally posted by author
2. I have reinstalled DX8.1a numerous times.

On Windows XP ? Direct X 8.1 is officially the latest for Windows XP. DirectX 8.1 b was released to correct issues on previous Windows versions. However, you might want to try DirectX 8.2 (Not for general use) for the sake of your problems. It helped me with problems I had with Warcraft III.

On another note, do you have Windows XP Service Pack 1 installed ? That might cause problems due to the refresh rate fix Microsoft included in it for the Direct3D engine. Warcraft III would always crash for me on Windows XP SP1 and I'm guessing the refresh rate fix was the cause.

Right click on your desktop and select properties. Under settings tab, select Advanced... and go under the monitor tab. What refresh frequency do you have set ? Try lowering it to 60Hz and try Warcraft III. Does it still crash ?

W

wjstewart

Warcraft II crashes without warning

I am having the same problems with warcraft II. I bought a new Dell computer with Windows XP and warcraft II crashes to the desktop randomly, sometimes within a minute, sometimes in 30 minutes, sometimes (rarely) it lets me finish. I am exasperated, I have called Blizzard, no reply, Dell, "not their problem" and Microsoft, "not their problem." All I know is that warcraft II works fine on my other computer that does not have windows xp. I believe the problem is windows xp but I have no idea how to solve it.
Wendell Stewart

Logical_1

Advisor
Reaction score
Have you tried compatibility mode for the application? (right click the program that is launched when you run WCII and it should be the second tab from the left. Set it to something like Win98/ME.

Logical_1

D

DatAsian

Windows 98 and 512 MB and over along with a nice 128 MB AGP card does not yield to good computer health :)

I suggest updating your OS to Windows 2000 or XP to get up to 4 GB RAM support. Windows 9X likes to start dying once it hits 512 MB and will die immediately if it hits or surpasses 800 MB

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.