Making specific unit group?

_markone_

Reaction score
Hello,

Im searching for way of making unit group which will contain all targets of chain lighting, or shock wave...

1st idea on my mind was just add some buff to those spell, and detect which units in some big area of caster have that buff... but its not working on that way, infact effected units dont get specific buff... i even try to add duration, in hope that buff will show up... but it didnt... :banghead: well i think that this idea cant work... if can plz tell me how ?

2nd idea was like this, spirit link is only chain based spell with setuped buff by dear blizzard (as i saw, im maybe wrong)... i remade spirit link that looks like chain, have 0.01 spirit dmg cross, and that have some my buff, then i detected units with that buff... and do some other things on that units hmm looks wired but it excually works...

its look sth like this
Code:
Gods Lance
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast)  ==  Gods Lance Base 
    Actions
        Unit - Create 1 Gods (dummy) for (Owner of (Target unit of ability being cast)) at (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast)) facing Default building facing (270.0) degrees
        Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
        Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Spirit Walker - Spirit Link (Target unit of ability being cast)
        Wait 0.75 seconds
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 5000.00 of (Position of (Casting unit)) matching (((Matching unit) has buff Gods Lance Target )  ==  True)) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                    If - Conditions
                        (Integer((Life of (Picked unit))))  <=  (100 + (((Level of Gods Lance Base  for (Casting unit)) - 1) * 80))
                    Then - Actions
                        Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to damage (Picked unit) for 9999999.00 using attack type Spells and damage type Normal.
                    Else - Actions
                        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                            If - Conditions
                                (Integer((Life of (Picked unit))))  <=  ((Level of Gods Lance Base  for (Casting unit)) * 300)
                            Then - Actions
                                Unit - Set life of (Picked unit) to ((Life of (Picked unit)) * 0.50)
                            Else - Actions
                                Do nothing

im interested is there any other way of making something like this ^ ?

3rd detecting units in line base on shockwave... i really dont have idea how to make... i was thinking take all units from area 100, at each 100 distance betwean casting unit and target unit. i didnt tried to make it, cause im not sure how to make it...

any idea/sugestions about this?

thx for reading anyway :)

Korolen

New User (Why do I keep getting those red bars?)
Reaction score
Using Unit Takes Damage, you could detect when someone takes damage and see if the source is your guy and your guy just chain lightning'd.

At least, that worked for me for something similar.

_markone_

Reaction score
hmm u mean like

triger1
event > unit cast abillity
condition > abilty = chainlight
action>
add event unit(target) takes damage to triger2
caster1 = trigering unit

triger2
condition ??
action>
if source of damage = caster1 then
unitgroup1 add unit(trigering)

hmm but i have a lot of empty space there + "add event unit(target) takes damage to triger2" will return just one unit, 1st in chain... :confused:

Korolen

New User (Why do I keep getting those red bars?)
Reaction score
Two triggers for the damage detection,

Code:
E: Map Initialization
A: Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable Map Area)) and do (Actions)
    Trigger - Add to (Unit Takes Damage <gen>) the event (Specific Unit Event - (Picked Unit) takes damage)
Code:
E: Unit enters (Playable Map Area)
A: Trigger - Add to (Unit Takes Damage <gen>) the event (Specific Unit Event - (Triggering Unit) takes damage)

Your damage trigger:
Code:
E:
C:
A: If (All Conditions are True) then do (Actions) else do (Actions)
    C: (Current order of (Damage Source)) is equal to (Order ("chainlightning"))
    A: ...Do Zapping etc...
    Else:

Note that you will have to make the unit continue to cast the chain lightning for a while (not sure you can actually), or create a timer for about 1 second when it's cast and check if that timer isn't done yet.

_markone_

Reaction score
hmm ok looks fine to me, BUT if i give that "takes damage" to all units [on very big map] that would lag, no?

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
> if i give that "takes damage" to all units [on very big map] that would lag, no?

I doubt it. Not all of them would be setting off the trigger at once, right?

_markone_

Reaction score
@sooda dude im not trying to make new chain spell in gui... although its one of solutions

well i will try to make it this on way

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.