US News Obama cool and calm on eve of his presidency

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
WASHINGTON – If Barack Obama felt nervous about becoming president in a few hours, he didn't show it Monday, as he cracked jokes and breezed through a series of volunteerism events and bipartisan dinners. "I don't sweat," said the 47-year-old man about to inherit responsibility for two wars, an economy in crisis and the helm of the world's lone superpower. "You ever see me sweat?"

It was vintage no-drama Obama, who seemed determined to carry his not-too-high, not-too-low demeanor to the Capitol steps for his swearing-in Tuesday.

Aides said Obama felt fully prepared. He had practiced and polished his inaugural address, they said, and he was ready for a string of White House meetings Wednesday on the economy, Iraq and other issues that will dominate his first year in office.

Obama spent the day moving around Washington to celebrate public service and Martin Luther King Jr.'s birthday, switching easily from self-deprecation to faux cockiness to calls for action.

Last edited:

undeadorcjerk

The Ulitimate TheHelper.net Lurker
Reaction score
Its good to see that the next man to hold the position to change the world, is totally calm. I bet there are nervous souls all around though.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
This is like Xanax news. Everyone is saying the whole stock market thing is just panic so this should help. Like the low price of gas now. Love the way the media is involved so openly now. Gotta love the Liberal Media. Take a chill pill people - that is the message here.

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
I won't consider that we've made progress, until he goes through that entire four years in office without being killed.

Valid point.

I cringe over his economic policy...and possibly his GUN policy! I hope gun availability isn't affected too badly by his presidency, I was looking into getting one as personal protection in the city.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.