US News Ohio instructor shoots student in gun-safety class

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
LANCASTER, Ohio -- Police say an instructor at a central Ohio gun safety class has accidentally shot a student.

The Columbus Dispatch reports 73-year-old Terry J. Dunlap Sr. was demonstrating a handgun at a training facility on Saturday when he fired a bullet that ricocheted off a desk and into the right arm of 26-year-old Michael Piemonte.

The student says the .38-caliber bullet hit him between his elbow and armpit. He says many of the students in the class were nurses who helped stabilize him before he was transported to a Columbus hospital.

Hmm "Thanks for the gun lesson. eh?

Last edited by a moderator:

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
At first I thought he killed that guy, lol.
In my language we have separate words for killing somebody with a firearm and just wounding him.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
I saw this story earlier. I think if an instructor accidently shoots someone in gun safety that should be the end of their gun safety career :) just saying

mushroom911

I think I should change my avatar
Reaction score
I saw this story earlier. I think if an instructor accidently shoots someone in gun safety that should be the end of their gun safety career :) just saying
Yeah gun tutors really shouldn't have ND's but really, anything can happen, plus the whole ricochet thing just adds insult to injury, nobody would have made a story about "Gun tutor has a negligent discharge, hits nearby tree."

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score

It was a practical lesson in why you have to be careful with guns. I'd put a lot of money down that there isn't one person in that class that is about to go out and start fucking with guns willy nilly.

Solu9

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
If the man who got shot had a gun he could have protected himself!
See where I am going?

KMilz

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
If the man who got shot had a gun he could have protected himself!
See where I am going?

Yeah, I bet that cop wouldn't have shot that kid if they were all packing heat, too!

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
I know this is old but I have to say this. This is one of those jobs that if something like this happens you should be banned for life from it. Like if a police officer goes to an elementary school and accidently discharges their firearm - should be banned for life from that job. Just saying.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.