Sooda' s question corner.

A

_Azuri3l_

Post Spammer maniac? xP
Btw u need more lines to make round in middle u now xP

EDIT: You can make item abilite that adds +0 armour and has some effeckt that will be on your soccer player but u should make this abilitie as unit abilite first

Evan1993

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Goauld said:
Spiked Carapace has a buff but it only shows those spikes, there is no icon.
Yeah.... But it has no hp or mana regan...So what good is it? :nuts:

A

_Azuri3l_

Need mana regen? Use aura from Fountian and negative vaulves enabled and u have negative mana regen and normal hp regen or if u want other type of regens. Make auras affect only unit that has it and rest is np.

You can also make this auras as item abilities.

G

Goauld

Evan1993 said:
Yeah.... But it has no hp or mana regan...So what good is it? :nuts:
Did you know that buffs themselves do absolutely nothing. They are there to show tooltips and add art effects. And some are used in determining if an ability is in use (usually channeling). So, making a custom buff based on spiked carapace and removing the art results in an invisible buff. Handy for situations where you don't need the tooltip.
Need mana regen? Use aura from Fountian and negative vaulves enabled and u have negative mana regen and normal hp regen or if u want other type of regens. Make auras affect only unit that has it and rest is np.

Those could work and they don't have buffs originally so no hassling up with them.

Evan1993

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I thought you meant the ability.

Edit:Wait I tested it and I gave it the buff but it was there!

That is the best way to do it :)

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
Thanks idea about useing Mana Regeneration was good. I used mana Regeneration (Neutral). I don' t know is there more them to use ? But for my unluck it will activate only when mana is less than max like usual regain. I didn' t find value where I could turn it to permanent. So I desided to use that "Dummy" buff... lets see how it will work.

And is there buffs limit like 8 of them on unit ? or just some of them then disapear ? Thanks though for such responce and feedback ! I am learning custom item/ spell makeing and it is actualy really simple.

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
If I use blank buff it says:" Tooltip missing !". But I did for it just a nice custom buff with ring pic. So I have one cool ability idea but it evolves doing 250 custom abilities, so is there any limits for custom abilities I mean like variable arrys have ?

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
You can make as many custom abilities as many different order ID's there are. Over 300, if I remember correctly.

G

Goauld

Theoretically you can have up to 36^3 = 46 656 custom abilities. But I think the first limit in here would be the map size.

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
Yes I dunno too lol, but I like it. Hm... if limit is 300 then lol my one innate spell will take 250 custom spells and it looks awsome but lol thenI got only 50 to use more :C . I hope limit is that hug number- can someone confirm it ?
EDIT: Oh another question too, I saw that when I used in game f10 then my bility buttons turned into passive. And I need Mirror Image passive .BLP location so I could use it as "passive" ability. Can some one give me the right custom path for it or what I have to do to find it how ?
EDIT: Figured that last one out:
ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\DISBTNMirrorImage.blp
But now it shows green.blp when I use f10, it means I have to do custom button for it ?

G

Goauld

There can be 46 656 different raw names for custom abilities so that's the theoretical limit. Names are A000, A001, etc. Symbols used are 0-9 and A-Z, so there are 36 different symbols and therefore 36^3 different combinations.

But now it shows green.blp when I use f10, it means I have to do custom button for it ?
Of course you have to. The "passive" icons you're talking about are DISBTNs, not passive icons. All disabled buttons are without frame, even active buttons. Export the normal icon and its DISBTN, remove the frame from the normal icon and import those two icons with the same name, BTNSomething.tga and DISBTNSomething.tga (you could make them .blp also, smaller file size). Then use the custom paths:
ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNSomething.blp
ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\DISBTNSomething.blp

Something is just an example name.

Andrewgosu

Reaction score
I will stick with the order ID things aka a little bit over 300 spells. :cool: Lets see, waiting someone to confirm that.

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
As you can see I' m started messing around with my own custom abilities :D So I get many questions and problems. Sry for troubeling but I cant figure it out on my own:
I did ability based off Spell Book, changed its ability- Spell Book to my custom one then in my custom spell book ability I have Tinkers Robo-Goblin ability what is modified so it turn Mountain King into Printsess of the Moon. I set its required hero level to 1 (Pefore it was 6- you know like ultimate spell.) And gave my Spell Book to Mountain King as inate (Abilities Normal- so he has it when he is lv 1 ) Now I can klick on Spell Book and it opens there is my "Robo Goblin" ability and when I use it only abilities change on Hero but not Model file nor sound, etc. How to fix it ? It looks like something is wrong with alternate and normal unit but they are both heroes ( Just a bit modified Mountain King and original Blizzard made Printsess of the Moon.).
EDIT: W8 I look does my "morph" work just as normal ability at beginning (When it isn' t in Spell Book).
EDIT: Ok, lol it is sure messed up. When it was learnable skill and I used it first time I got Mountain kings Avatar glow and he turned bck into himself with Printsess' abilities >.< lol then I used it again and it turned him back as Mountain King, then I used it again and he turned Mountain King with her abilities still then I turned him back and lol he transformed from his alternate to Printsess of the Moon ! So it was all reversed- I suspect something with heroes who have transform can mess up morph abilities badly :D I need to test a bit more. I try with paladin into hm Blademaster? Let see what comes out.
EDIT: OMG ! :D I made real breakthrough here :) - You cannot morph heroes who has their own "morphed alternate" to some other hero beacause it will mess up ( you could but first you should use ability 3 times or so and then it goes reverse anyway lol :p )
EDIT: Hm... Looks you can' t use morph abilities in spellbooks :C atleast my morph always goes nuts when it is in spellbook :(
EDIT: Interesting when Blademaster uses it he turn into paladin and gets kiled :eek: but when paladin uses (two different heroes but they got same spell he turns? into? paladin and gains attack dmage like 21- 30 goes 34- 40 just gets increased attack dmg.
EDIT: Bear Form dedects unit type and then sets ability status. I have Paladin and Blademaster both got ability Blademaster to Paladin (it is custom ability based off of Bear Form.) Now I plased Blademaster and Paladin on map and ran "test map" so when I clicked on Blademaster ability saied transfrom into bearform aka Paladin. And when I clicked on Paladin it saied turn back into Night Elf from so it dedects unit-type and sets ability status then.
Now it is even ok for my spell but does doing this cause lag or something else :rolleyes: :
I turn already in "bear form" unit into other unit with "bear form" with ability with normal unit as that "bear form" unit" ? Does it makes ability like unfinished ? So it will stack like 200 abilities being cast after game end ? Or it destroies them somehow by game itself ? If it stacks :eek: I should first make that unit unseen (Panda ability?) then change him back and then give new "bear form" ability with triggers and use it ?

G

Goauld

The alternate form should have the same hero abilities and attributes, so copy the normal unit and then modify. The problem just gotta be that, I haven't had problems when I did it like that. Or you could use Demonhunter's Metamorphosis.

Andrewgosu

Reaction score
Or, you could use a dummy spell and unit -replace. I think it takes care of the exp, items and attributes.

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
@ Gouald and Andrewgosu
Lol you help me alot. I learn by trial and error, I feel like I' m clock going and going but standing still. I have such a cool abilities in my mind and I tried to get them working and by trieing to do it with first attemt failed me. now after 3 days trial and error I got basic things when doing morph. Oh it is hard still I relized that I learn it as slowly as triggers- it all takes time, always. So I just now relized and saw magic field on Bear Form Ability- these Morphing flags sure are useful.
I found out that I can make it permanent so that was what I needed I hope I can now continiue jorny of my new map.
EDIT: I just infrom with my plans I now try to make one base Spellbook what contains 11 spellbooks :D It is for my secret passive ability. So do I need 11* 11 order IDs ( I' m positive about that almost) ? My idea is to pause unit give him my "Spellbook" and order hero to use in spellbook> spellbook 4> spell 9. I now try to do it. And Andrewgosu your Spellbook tutorial helped me :D

EDIT: Ok my spell book bear form works fine but it changes for transformed dmg by 1 (for min/ max) and armor to 2.
Original Paladin stats:
HP: 650
MP: 255
Dmg: 24- 34
Armor: 4

Str: 22
Agi: 13
Int 17
Prim. attribute: Str

Original Blademaster stats:
HP: 550
MP: 240
Dmg: 25- 47
Armor: 5
Str: 18
Agi: 23
Int: 16
Prim. attribute: Agi

Transformed Paladin to Blademaster stats:
HP: 650
MP: 255
Dmg: 24- 46
Armor: 2

Str: 22
Agi: 13
Int: 17
Prim. attribute: Str
I wonder where comes these changes in bold ?
All are defult Blizzard values and I didn' t find any thing what could change this. Does Agi to Str conversion changes these two values so much ?

G

Goauld

Paladin has a base armor of 2, the real base is -2, and his agi gives him 4 armor so his armor is 4. Blademaster's base armor is 0 - 2 but his agi gives him 7 armor resulting in 5 armor. The alternate form uses paladin's attributes but blademaster's other stats, so he gets 4 armor from agi but 0 - 2 base so he has only 2 armor.

Damage will be calculated using blademaster's damage dice but paladin's strength as a base damage. Makes sense to me.

The only things that don't get changed are hero abilities and hero stats (str, agi and int). Alternate unit's hero stats are ignored.

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
Wow thanks, I try to consume this info now :D I dunno nothing about attack dices, etc but you teached me :D Ok I see what I will do now- soon coming new questions.
And you know alot about Object Editor, I was like: "Wow, that guy knows what he is talking :rolleyes: ".
EDIT: Hm... so if I would like to make that equal to changed hero armor then I would use base armor as just 0 so no restrictions.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.