Sooda' s question corner.

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
First I' m working on my Warcraft soccer map and I need to use custom tiles for real nice soccer field with painted white lines near field boarders and etc. I did all like custom tiles tutorial says converted .blp to .tga and opened it in PhotoImpact (ULEAD). I tried to make Cityscape Grass Trim tile a bit brighter used for that Adjust > Color Adjustment. All went as planed picture went brighter and I asved it as .tga it told me:
Save File Confirmation
The file format you have chosen does not support object saving. If you chooce to continue, all objects will be merged onto the base image. Do you want to continue?
Clicked on "yes" opened it in Wc3_Image_Extractor and saved as .blp ( In Wc3_Image_Extractor all changes like brightness is sawable.)
Now imported it to WorldEdit and used exact file path what is used for dirt.
TerrainArt\Cityscape\City_Dirt.blp
Closed WorldEditor and opened it again to reload tiles. Now it is just every time same color, a bit brighter than usual Grass Trim. Even when I changed Grass Trim color to blue with color adjustment it still show it bright green ! is there problem with displaying colors on tiles in WorldEditor or I am using wrong functions from PhotoImpact ? Interesting is that when I opened absolutely blue Grass Trim tile in Wc3_Image_Extractor it shows it is totaly painted blue but converted to .blp and imported to WorldEdit it shows bright green. How I can fix it now or what I must to do to get custom colored tiles working ?

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
Doesn' t fit for which extractor ? Help me out please, I need professional help here :(
EDIT: I tryed now just to colored tile with brush tools and now it shows changes, WorldEditor just can' t display brightness correctly. That was problem now I try to color my tiles like that.

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
Custom tiles- lines, boarders
I have made progress and want to share my new knowlage with you all who don' t know this yet. If you plan to make custom tiles with some kind of lines (boarders) replace your new custom tile with old tile what over-rides other tiles with its edges. Example is use for lines grass trim what shows boarders over grass and to get additional lines on grass trim without grass trim boarders use one more custom tile what will override grass trim tile boarders that should be White Marble. Hope it helps others or I didn' t know it only ! :mad:
EDIT: Ok now I got some pics from soccerfield its not perfect yet, much work to do still.

And from bird view style:

The red dot is paladin, it isn' t right now with right soccerfield size and I think I can' t add brighter lines on field it should stay like it ( Unitl someday I will get better with graphical art so I can mess around and make advanced custom tiles) Still field is ment for 11 players ( heroes) so it has to be huge because you can run and give and get pass then :D .
Thing why I need your help:

I eraised selection and now the whole thing is sawable, and I overwritted original tiles too ( Grass_Trim, Dirt, White Marble) :nuts: I' m learning by trial and error here ! :p Please would someone be so kind and upload me Grass Trim, Dirt and White Marble tiles ? They can be found under Cityscape.
I don' t know how about sircle on mid and other lines they should come some how if I get boarders done. It all needs more than 3 custom tiles to get nice one smooth field tile :rolleyes:
Help me out please, thanks !
Ohh and one screenshot from in game too:

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
I eraised selection and now the whole thing is sawable, and I overwritted original tiles too ( Grass_Trim, Dirt, White Marble) I' m learning by trial and error here ! Please would someone be so kind and upload me Grass Trim, Dirt and White Marble tiles ? They can be found under Cityscape.
So anyone ? Please ! :D

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
With tiles I got them back somehow ( Looks like I didn' t oversave them).
Now I got request what needs knowlage about maths. I try to make circle around targeted unit with action:
Code:
Conversion: Convert Coordinates To Point
Now fields are axis of abscissas (x axis); axis of ordinates (y axis).
Looks: Point(0.00, 0.00)
Idea is same as "slideing" effect but it makes circle ( 360 degrees) around unit.
Now I need perfect loop values for x and y to make perfect point cordinates.
Unit is moved to next point ( cordinates) and it looks as he moves. In WorldEditor I have noticed there are - and + cordinates ( Map of it below as I understand it)
############## ^
######( -x; +y)###|Y### ( +x; +y)
############### |
############### |
###<-----------------+------------------->
################|############# X
#######( -x; -y)###|#####( +x; -y)
################|
################|
################|

Now I need to keep in mind that these values can be negative or positive corresponding to point where unit stands at that moment. Useing this information I wonder how to calculate perfect circle cordinates ( point what correspondend to exact point on circle so it can make one circle when "drawn" and spaces should be minimal beacause I want to achive "moveing" effect.
Please can some give me examples how to calculate so complicated values.
All other replys are welcomed of course too.
PS I don' t want/ going to use that Loop from 1 to 360 thing beacause it looks bad and I need to attach it spiral effect also ( moving it higher at same time & moveing targeted unit also so it seems like really awsome spell.) thought I could make it myself but it would take ages to finish and desided to ask from others who know more and are more at "home" with maths. Time is pushing behind beacause I would try to send my hero with this and some other awsome, not seen before spells to Boss competition. So help me please once again, like old days :eek:
EDIT: I thought about it and I consider useing same old offset with action it could "do the job".

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
I' m stuck :( I try to make spell what makes caster make circle around targeted unit ( For right now, I will try to add after I got moving among the circle "path" thats destructible height too, so when he makes rotation he is in air but in exact place where he started off.). Used destructible beacause with that I could change Art- Max Roll Angle ( degrees). He does circle around but it is not symetric at all :( and he changes faceing angle even wierder :eek: He like turns from somekind of preplaced location not from my location what I have set to with triggers. All that sees so crapy I start crying soon :( So if someone can point my mistakes out what I have done so terribley wrong. And I know makeing perfect circles is doable beacause it is done in Hulk' s heroes already :banghead: ( I wanted to suprise the world with my new ability but I suck as you all can see.).
And how I know what custom script use to remove leaks and where I got leaks please point out and help me.
Triggers:
Code:
Mesmerise Initialization
    Events
        Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Storm Bolt
    Actions
        -------- First we store targeted and triggering unit. --------
        Set Triggering_Unit = (Triggering unit)
        Set Targeted_Unit = (Target unit of ability being cast)
        -------- Storing point where to creat destructible first. --------
        Set Targeted_Unit_Point = (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast))
        -------- And setting real R to 0 (zero) from last spell use. --------
        Set R = 0.00
        -------- When our initialization is done we can run actual trigger. --------
        Trigger - Turn on Mesmerise mechanics <gen>
And for rotating:
Code:
Mesmerise mechanics
    Events
        Time - Every 0.03 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        -------- Removing our stored destructible. --------
        Destructible - Remove Farm
        -------- Updateing angle between our created unit and targeted unit. --------
        Set Angle = (Angle + 0.50)
        -------- Now we creat our destructible at right position and store that destructible into variable for later use. --------
        Destructible - Create a Farm at (Targeted_Unit_Point offset by 256.00 towards R degrees) facing Angle with scale 1.00 and variation 1
        -------- Updateing our real R value. --------
        Set R = (R + 0.50)
        Set Farm = (Last created destructible)
        -------- And turn off trigger when real R>= 360. --------
        If (R Greater than or equal to 360.00) then do (Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)) else do (Do nothing)
^ Last one is initialy off.
Ps: I' m Fred Flinstone who lives in stoneage still and dunno nothing.

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
Ok, skip the last things all I started it from other way.
Now I got questions about dummy units. If I creat dummy unit based off of footman does he can cast spells (example: Night Elf- Mana burn ?) or he has to have man for itself ? Then When I set ability mana cost to 0 does it can casted ? And can it be casted my dummy unit that has no mana at all ( I mean only hp as footman has.) Or if I set Mana Burn stats- is a hero spell to false can it be used by units who has no mana ( again footman dummy unit problem) ?

And one specific question too when my trigger runs 0.03 sec every time, can my dummy unit what is moved with each time have inaf time to cast Mana burn when he is near targeted unit or starting ability takes more time than 0.03 ? My dummy will be moved every 0.03 sec so it is like breaking the channeling lol. Thx. this time these questions should be easy ones.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
Sooda said:
Now I got questions about dummy units. If I creat dummy unit based off of footman does he can cast spells (example: Night Elf- Mana burn ?) or he has to have man for itself ? Then When I set ability mana cost to 0 does it can casted ? And can it be casted my dummy unit that has no mana at all ( I mean only hp as footman has.) Or if I set Mana Burn stats- is a hero spell to false can it be used by units who has no mana ( again footman dummy unit problem) ?
well if he has enough mana he can. if the ability costs 0 mana then he can cast it even if he hasn't (however i usually give my dummies 100000 mana, just to be assured).
is hero means absolutely nothing in this case.

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
Ok I' m makeing for my map, ( Warcraft Soccer) what turns out to be real rpg/ orpg/ map with DotA perfection. So I have alot ideas of items and spells already but I don' t know what to use as base item/ ability sometimes. I encountered problem where I have to find item what could be used over time again with no charges just cooldown. So please point me out one item as that- has cooldwon but no charges and can have abilities ( I know how to add these). Thx for responces.
In last days I have managed to take myself togheter again and start building stuff for my map. It could take much time until I get finished but I want it to be as perfect as DotA is or as perfect as I like.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
items are all the same. you can change the cooldown for one using cooldown group (takes the cooldown from the ability you select) and you can make it unlimited (not require charges) by setting stats - number of charges to 0.
the best base ability would be channel in most of the cases.

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
Thanks for help. I sure did learn here today ( I would never figured to set charges to 0 ) And thanks for pointing out channel ability. I learn by doing :D I sure can convert my dummy ability to channeling :D Oh man u thanks twice.

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
Ok I have encountered again interesting problem. I made item what will give you 2+ hp and -2 mp and hp regen is defult HP regeneration ( Item) and mana drain is based of Human brilliance aura. It works fine- I made so target can only be self beacause it is item ^^. Now I get always brilliance aura buff on my hero when he has this item. But I removed buffs from ability.
Turned Hero ability false
Item ability True
Ability levels set to 1
So it removed automaticaly all other lv data and in that buff box it shows no buff (empty). But it still shows: "Brilliance Aura- this unit has increased mana regeneration". I wonder how that gets there ?
And I have no units nearby who could emmit that buff/ aura.
So how I can get rid of that buff ?

Evan1993

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Do you want to be % regeneration or normal?
There are a few item abilities that have no buff that give % regeneration.

G

Goauld

If you wanted a life regeneration aura which drains mana you should use Immolation with negative damage amount and friendly as target.

Removing a buff from an ability will result in showing that ability's default buff. If you want an invisible buff, make one which has no icon nor tooltips.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.