Sooda' s question corner.

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
Thanks yor your suggestions Chocobo but I have another question is there a way to make auto castable abilities autocast when you finish constructing unit or even better summon unit with a spell ? I would to make "mass frost armor" but looks like that ability is first not autocasting and I don' t want to use triggers to activate that ability.
Btw ability "Steal" has no learning or other tooltips, I restarted World Editor and still nothing so sad I made bretty awsome ability with that "Steal" unluckily there isn' t learning nor research icons, etc.
EDIT: Hurray ! I made a mistake with ability "Steal" it had both Hero and Iteam ability true that caused a error and I got all text fields show up :)

Chocobo

White-Flower
Reaction score
Thanks yor your suggestions Chocobo but I have another question is there a way to make auto castable abilities autocast when you finish constructing unit or even better summon unit with a spell ? I would LIKE to make "mass frost armor" but looks like that ability is first not autocasting and I don' t want to use triggers to activate that ability.
Btw ability "Steal" has no learning or other tooltips, I restarted World Editor and still nothing so sad I made bretty awsome ability with that "Steal" unluckily there isn' t learning nor research icons, etc.
EDIT: Hurray ! I made a mistake with ability "Steal" it had both Hero and Iteam ability true that caused a error and I got all text fields show up :)

Data - Default Ability : <your spell>

If I remember. It allows one spell only and it is around the data for all abilities.

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
I just wanted to post this beacause I searched this ability almost unbelivable 2h
Ability "Lightning Attack" is under Night Elf> Units> Lightning Attack :D I hope it helps if someone can' t find it also like me lol.

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
2 hours?

Well, here's a tip for next time:

Object editor,
open the abilities tab,
press ctrl + F,
type "lightning" (or whatever ability you want to find),
if the first hit wasn't correct, type ctrl + G (find next) as needed.

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
I even have this time question. I found that passive abilities (Example would be Critical Strike.) works perfectly with Orb of Slow ability data- it will fire even when auto aquirering targets. Now I found this ability under Neutral Hostile> Units (Last ability before Hero abilities) called "Spawn Skeleton (Probably Black Arrow)" I was so exited that I found passive summon ability but it dosn' t work and I can' t find witch unit uses it. Who knows who uses it please post answer.
Bad side is that it is passive skill without taking mana, has no cooldown and no button pic- looks like perfect passive summon ability but I can' t use it atleast for now beacasue I don' t know how it is being used in game.

EDIT: I solved the mystery it is activated when unit dies and has that ability- two skeletons will rise from it :/

EDIT: If you know item called Stygian Desolator from DotA can you tell me what missile art it uses ? It' s missile looks like purple/ pink stream of water.

EDIT: Answer is: Item Attack Corruption Bonus <Missile>, found it out myself.

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
I got new easy question (I used search many times already- still nothing.): how I can slow down unit move animation (Without triggers) I mean if my hero move speed is 270 then he runs like crazy, I would like to maintain his original move speed but slow down move animation what field is there for that in Object Editor ?

EDIT: That reply helped and it is "Art- Walk Speed: XX", greater value slows more.

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
Ok, I got now new harder question. I desided to creat a unit what has no moving speed (It will stay in one position) but I want that unit to be able turn. Problem is that if I set movespeed base to 0 it can' t turn what I should do ? I have seen in DotA Sentinel buildings turn while they can' t move- it looks like they want to flee but can' t. Help me out here please.

AceHart

Reaction score
Give it "Root (Ancient Protector)".

On the "root" ability:
Data - Rooted turning = true

And make sure the correct attack index is enabled.
It's 2 for protectors, but, generally, 1 for units.

To prevent the uprooting, put some techtree requirement they can't get.

Your unit may need a higher turn rate, like 0.70 or so...

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
Thanks all for help and sry for being rude in your thread AceHeart.

I got request from people who know how to skin units. I really would apreciate if someone could make me blank human Paladin skin. It means if possible erase all colors from skin so in game it would be invisible (Like 100 % transparency.). Really important is that attachement points work, without them I can' t use that skin.
Idea is that it would be new dummy unit for my Object Editor abilities (Attachement points are for attaching ability/ buff animations without seeing dummy unit.).
If somebody can do it I give +rep and first credits in my upcoming map for making dummy unit invisible skin.

Corleone

Reaction score
Why not give the unit the Ghost ability and remove its shadow? Easier than making a skin, I reckon.

Master

Thou shall be helped by...The Black Adder!
Reaction score
...or set the transparency to the desired amount and after that give the attachment.

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
I don' t want to use triggers. Ability "Ghost" only makes unit invisible for other players who don' t have "True Sight" abilities (And in my map they got.). It isn' t good idea to give "Ghost" ability. The skin is only solution what I can think of, thanks for trying to help still.

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
Because I' m making abilities with Object Editor and when I use premade abilities they are naturaly MUI (It' s my map standard all abilities are made in Object Editor.). Triggers are right now only for game engine or so. It slows loading map too much if I start to make triggered abilities and right now I don' t want it. I just found out that Object Editor is really awsome and I just need that dummy caster so I could use Object Editor 100 % for making abilities what first looks like triggered.

Chocobo

White-Flower
Reaction score
Because I' m making abilities with Object Editor and when I use premade abilities they are naturaly MUI (It' s my map standard all abilities are made in Object Editor.). Triggers are right now only for game engine or so. It slows loading map too much if I start to make triggered abilities and right now I don' t want it. I just found out that Object Editor is really awsome and I just need that dummy caster so I could use Object Editor 100 % for making abilities what first looks like triggered.

No, it is too many abilities which will increase loading time.

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
Still can someone make that skin for me :D I have made so far half of abilities for heores it is 36 and all with dummy unit abilities it is already ~140. I don' t have any terrain and ~ 10 preplaced units for testing purpuses and terrain size is small or so. It loads fast right now and if I double the ammount of abilities it should load twice slower and these are just abilities + units. Still I could trigger boss unit abilities. I haven' t used optimizer too waiting with it because I first want to finish map. Right now it loads as fast as DotA ~ 20 seconds for my PC.

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
Quick questions: if I use same point many times can I remove leak after I have done all my actions or every time I creat unit because I may creat 10 times one unit at same point. I use pick every unit and then creat unit at point.

AceHart

Reaction score
> at same point

As long as the point stays the same, no problem.
If you assign a new point to that variable, you need to clean up the previous point.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.