Sooda' s question corner.

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
Why does some target arts like endurance aura loop and others don' t (I wanted to use Mirror Images target art but it shows only once when I learn the aura.).

R@d14nc3

Reaction score
>Why does some target arts like endurance aura loop and others don' t
Maybe it's due to buffs that differ from aura to aura :)
Also, some effects can't be originally permanent unless you make them so :)

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
Sooda said:
How I make effect permanent ? I have no WE running but I quess there is somekind of a effect loop ?

In order to do this, you must modify the model itself. Here is an short way to do it:

First, download this program. Then open it, go to the 'Windows' tab and hit MPQ Browser. In the MPQ Browser, go to File and then pcik the MPQ in which is the effect you want to modify. When you got to your model, double-click it and exit from the MPQ Browser. Then go to the 'Windows' tab again and go to Sequence Manager. Now, most of the models that don't loop have either 1 animation, either 2. If you have a model with 2 or more animations, whcih doesn't loop, then that model must have a 'birth' animation. In the Sequence Manager, double-click that 'birth' animation. If your model has only one animation, double-click that one. In the new window which appears, at the left bottom corner, there is a checkbox with the word 'Non-looping' whitin it. That box is checked. Uncheck it and save the model on your comp, then import it. Voila, now it loops.

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
Basicaly I got no ideas for my Blademaster hero who is called Toyo and its class is Mirror Image. Blademaster got so few animations what to use for triggered abilities that I start crying :eek: When I think all doable things have done already- jump, slash and slide while playing stomp animation.
I read from Chocobo' s question thread that there are "rare" animations what would be in Blademaster case just rasing hand or looking around, I would like to know what their exact animation names are. I made a small list of usable animations for Blademaster:
ATTACK
SPIN
SLAM
STAND (This should be where are "rare" animations like raising hand is or so.)

I want to creat new abilities what looks good and would be innovative (Or just interesting.) Into my mind came idea where my Blademaster ultimate would be morphing into Blademaster who has 4 abilities. When you use them your hero will attack target and you can get combos for different combinations of attacks. It would be Tekken 3 style (Fighting game on Sony PSX or 1.) but I got no ideas where to start to creat interesting attacks (Abilities) for morphed form. I' m thinking like jump- done already not interesting, sliding while slash(ing) done, not interesting, by thinking so I have ended in dead end and no ideas haven' t poped into my mind.
I got one idea where I play Blademaster attack animation and stop it while he is holding its sword behind him then I rotate him 360 degrees so it looks like he spins with sword. While writing it I got idea how to do it even better- I will rotate him and while rotating pause/unpause with each loop its animation so it looks like he jumps 360 degrees while slashing once.
Still all of you could suggest ideas for attack abilities. All suggestions welcomed if they sound interesting I will use it I think and give credit of course too.

Chocobo

White-Flower
Reaction score
attack = ?? (maybe attack //test it, because it seems it plays only one time)
slam = attack,slam (test it, it seems to plays one time again only)
spin = ?? (maybe attack,walk,stand,spin //you will have to test in the World Editor and to see if it works, under Animation - Required Animation Names)
stand = stand (example, stand,victory works fine)

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
I was so desparate I downloaded Warcraft 3 Viewer and looked all Blademaster animations, I will post them in right order as they apeared to me in drop down menu:
(None)
Stand - 2
Stand cinematic
Attack
Attack Slam
Stand - 4
Death
Walk
Stand
Attack 2
Stand Ready
Stand Victory
Dissipate
Portrait 1
Attack Walk Stand Spin

So how I can play Blademaster "Stand Victory" animation ? What I have do change where ? I was testing animations with Night Elf ability called Roar (I just kept all and didn' t modify nothing else than mana cost to 1 and duration on hero and unit to 0.01.) I wrote to "Art- Animation Names": stand, victory but nothing happened. I know I have messed something up there :D so please help by writing step by step little tut what I have to change where. I even added to unit (Blademaster) "Art- Required Animation Names": stand, victory but that didn' t changed too nothing.
* Btw order in dropdown menu is counted from 0 so "Stand - 2" would be 0.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
> I wrote to "Art- Animation Names": stand, victory but nothing happened.
first add "stand" to the list and then "victory" so that you have them both on the animation names list. this worked 100% when i made jaina use it.

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
I used these two words in ability Roar "Art- Animation Names" field and my Baldemaster just standed there. I even now have seen his victory animation and it looks good but I can' t get it to work with no wonder... I read tutorial about animations and they suggested to use triggers and find out exact animation index number so I tryed to do it and came up wit hthis thing:
Code:
Blademaster Victory
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Test 
    Actions
        Set Triggering_Unit = (Triggering unit)
        Wait 0.01 game-time seconds
        Custom script:   call SetUnitAnimationByIndex(udg_Triggering_Unit,10)
I think victory animation index is 10. I even added game message to see does that trigger runs and it runs.

EDIT: You have right it works for Jaina for sure. Tested it with her and he played her victory animation. When I used same ability on Blademaster he didn' t do nothing :eek: looks like bug or what ? The animation exicts but there isn' t no way to play it :S I need help again what can be wrong, maybe someone can test it and use ability roar change "Art- Animation Names" to stand, victory and report how it went.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
surprisingly it worked fine for me...as a matter of fact the unit kept using stand victory until i moved him.
could it be that you made a typo with the animation name?

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
yeah, i did.

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
It should workd on blademaster, aswell, because the stand anims don't have rarities and I checked at the blademaster, it doesn't has.

EDIT: Sorry, not sure if rarities have something to do here, I misunderstood when reading the posts...

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
Bad news is that it dosn' t work with my WE or with my map currently what is bad. And all animations aren' t in right order what I posted before (I asumed what I read from tutorial is right but it isn' t.) So right order is (As many as I have tested myself.):
1. ATTACK 1
2. DEATH
5. STAND READY
:C I' m not sure about 5th one even lol. Why is it so hard o get one animation right ?

EDIT: If someone will be so kind and attach test map what showes how you can get Blademaster to do victory would be awsome. I' m not even trying anymore, made new map edited windwalk wrote stand, victory- nothing , then took war stop added to Blademaster and same wrote to "Art- Animation Names": stand, victory - nothing.

EDIT: Ok good that I got brains lol. I made map where I did all what should be done to play Blademaster victory. But I never can get it ! Did I something wrong or just got typos or spelling errors ? For me Blademaster dosn' t play it' s victory but does it do for you ? Or check it and tell what I do wrong all the time ?

EDIT 3: Ok, after a while I desided to go back and face the problem- why I can' t get Blademaster victory animation to work. I changed ability "Channel" and used in "Art- Animation Names" these two words: stand, victory. Then gave that ability to four heroes- Jaina Proudmore, Paladin, Shadow Hunter and Blademaster. By defult all 3 first heroes have stand victory animation, what can be seen in Unit Editor preview screen. Only I can' t see Blademaster stand victory animation in my Unit Editor preview screen. Now I run a test- started game and activated ability on each hero one by one. Guess what ? All heroes expect Blademaster played their victory animation. Whats wrong with me ? Why on earth only I can' t get it work :"(

EDIT 4: I think now for sure there is connection between not showing victory animation in my Unit Editor preview screen and not playing it in game. I tested same channel ability with Grom Hellscream and it worked ! That unit has "stand victory" animation shown as all 3 pefore what I' m talking in EDIT 3.
Now I have question does only I don' t see Bladmemaster stand victory in my Unit Editor preview screen ? If so then how I could fix it ? There are many animations like "cinematic" what I would like to use, but how ?

Attachments

• Blademaster Victory.w3x
    15.7 KB · Views: 144

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe you are asking more advanced questions? Alot of the stuff on the forums is newbie questions and lots of times newbies answering other newbies questions. We only offer like 3 active mods here unfortunately, all the other answers come from other users.

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
Thanks The Helper, I try to solve that animation problem if got time (Soon). For that I' m going to read modeling and skin tuts then I can tell why it isn' t working. No questions this time then.

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
Ok I try to order 4 units to play exact animations what is "Stand - 4" for Blademaster of Blackrock Clan, so far I got this:
Code:
Toyos First Cinematic Ability
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to 4 Sided Attack (Toyo Combo 1)
    Actions
        -------- Initialization --------
        Set Triggering_Unit = (Triggering unit)
        -------- Just for testing. --------
        Set Targeted_Unit = (Random unit from (Units within 500.00 of (Position of Triggering_Unit)))
        -------- Geting facing degrees of picked unit. --------
        For each (Integer A) from 1 to 4, do (Set Temp_Faceing_Arry[(Integer A)] = 0.00)
        Set Temp_Faceing_Arry[1] = (Facing of Targeted_Unit)
        For each (Integer A) from 1 to 4, do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                If (Temp_Faceing_Arry[(Integer A)] Equal to 0.00) then do (Set Temp_Faceing_Arry[(Integer A)] = Temp_Faceing_Arry[((Integer A) - 1)]) else do (Do nothing)
                Game - Display to (All players) the text: (String(Temp_Faceing_Arry[(Integer A)]))
                If (Temp_Faceing_Arry[(Integer A)] Greater than or equal to 270.00) then do (Set Temp_Faceing_Arry[(Integer A)] = ((Temp_Faceing_Arry[(Integer A)] + 90.00) - 360.00)) else do (Set Temp_Faceing_Arry[(Integer A)] = (Temp_Faceing_Arry[(Integer A)] + 90.00))
                Game - Display to (All players) the text: (String(Temp_Faceing_Arry[(Integer A)]))
                Set Temp_Point_Arry[(Integer A)] = ((Position of Targeted_Unit) offset by 256.00 towards Temp_Faceing_Arry[(Integer A)] degrees)
                Unit - Create 1 Dummy (Blademaster Attack Cinematic Combo 1) for Player 1 (Red) at Temp_Point_Arry[(Integer A)] facing (Position of Targeted_Unit)
                Set Temp_Dummy_Arry[(Integer A)] = (Last created unit)
                [B]Animation - Play Temp_Dummy_Arry[(Integer A)]'s stand four animation[/B]
                Unit - Add a 20.00 second Generic expiration timer to Temp_Dummy_Arry[(Integer A)]
Ok, as I found out I can' t use GUI' s animation action for this so I have to use custom script like this:
Code:
call SetUnitAnimationByIndex(bj_lastCreatedUnit, 3)
Please someone who knows JASS tell me how I can combine that script and my GUI loop ?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.