Sooda' s question corner.

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
themasta said:
me no play soccer. :(

me play da foosball :banghead: !!!!!!!!!
:nuts:
Anyway I figured out what I try to make lol it is called- multimorph :p But game keeps in mind does this unit has morphed into that kind of unit already, I can' t morph unit who has morphed into that unit already :( It seems to me atleast ( I maked many tests and it turned out so :( ) So now I got one solution how I can morph back and forward, but I lose "right" attack animation then :nuts: so it is messed up I used for that this morphing flag:
Permanent
^ It allows to morph but unit graphics ( In my case hero graphics) got messed up, he like attacks but only some of it is showed (But attacked unit takes dmg.).
When I use no morphing flag I can attack freely and no animation mess but it do not allow me to morph that unit (Hero) again. Beacause of already used morph :( What I could do to show right attack animations ?
And what does they do anyway ?
Data- Morphing Flags:
Immediate Landing
Immediate Take Off
Permanent
Requires Payment
Uninterruptable

I based my morphing ability of Bear Form, should I try with others ? Maybe they allow to morph already in morphed state (Alternate unit) to forward (Alternate unit is normal unit and alternate unit will become normal unit back- that does not allow game to do :"( )

EDIT: I have alternate ways too, but they are all trigger based and will dispel all effects once I cast it (I should say use it.)
Idea:
play units cast spell animation
set trancparance to 100%
store all values for hero (ability levels, stats, hp, mp, etc...)
remove unit from game
creat at that position my new "morphed" unit
set thats unit trancparancy too 100%
play units cast spell animation
set trancparancy to 0%
I thought first to use it as passive so you could change all the time, but looks with alternate and no other way I have to set cooldown and other restrictions to it.
Still is it possible to bypass that morphing check ? I thought useing for normal unit third unit what will then allow that unit to morph on coz stored is that third unit.

EDIT: I have made progress again. Half of answer is you have to morph your unit back to normal unit, then you can morph him to new unit. It limits my spell but is better than nothing. And your normal and alternate unit/ hero has to have that ability what allowed him to morph.
Now I get only that "unit is killed" when I morph :( - it is just animation if it is ended you can move him like live unit :nuts: .
EDIT: I have almost answer to multimorph it should work nicely. If I have time and I succseed then I will post the solution.

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
Ok, I did my multimorph almost, but it plays death animation when morphing back to original unit I wonder why ?
Better please explane why that death animation is played anyway ? My unit stays alive and all if I move him he is ok but he gets "killed" while transforming :nuts:
Thanks, Sooda

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
Did I find bug in WorldEditor or what ?
When I give Robo Goblin (unit ability) via triggers to Tinker and order him to use it, then he morphs to Beastmaster (Has robo goblin ability too) now if I morph Beastmaster he will play his death animation and morph back to Tinker with no Robo-Goblin ability ! When I pre-give these abilitys everything works fine.
Help me out here !
Looks like it is "erased" from unit.
EDIT: NVM, I bypassed it. Now my multimorph works as it should be working ( Took me 4 days to get it working ~~ ).

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
I found it ;)
But how works Orc ability battlestations ? Does it just enable attack ? And how I disable attack on unit so that ability can enable it ?
EDIT: Lol got it too, but I have no idea how to start doing next thing, I will explane.
First I did a tower what has cargo (Orc Burrow- 4 levels) ability and Battlestations(1 level). Now it is hero ability and it has 4 levels. With each levels one more unit can go to tower. I want so if unit goes to tower it gains ranged attac kand can "shoot" from tower. Basicaly I want to combine multishot with unit dmg- as I read it isn' t possible. So should I do it with some spells.
Give me ideas how to do it. I' m getting tired here doing my map so much problems :banghead:
EDIT: NVM, I got multiple shot working too :) only your unit/ hero, etc attack type needs to me missile. Lol- I thought I can sxolve my proble mby giving multiple shot but it hasmin targets 3 lol.
Ok I try to do this: with each lv tower gains one attack more (targets) and they all got dmg what unit is inside tower ( For that I got Orc Cargo (Burrow).
As you can see Sooda is doing ability + triggers again what makes his little head go BOOM ! :rolleyes: All replays how t odo it are welcomed ( Meanwhile I try already my own ideas ;) ).
Does Barrage does Attack 2 damage ? I saw Steam Tank has air attack 13-14 and Barage has that dmg too so is it possible to set barrage dmg to second attack and give unit only second attack so it would be same ?
EDIT: I will end for today, tomorrow I will check what to do on. I mean I could trigger the whole thing it would not be hard:
I just have to creat dummy units with locust and no model to point where is my tower and order to attack in range randomly ( Like pick target and attack unit dead) or if player selects target then all start shooting it instead. It would need as much dummys as neutral mobs in my map ( dunno how many it will be think more than 10 maybe even 50+ :eek: , anyway bb tomorrow back.

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
Isn' t it possible to enable both attacks (1; 2) and use targets as ground, air ? I have done so but second attack never fires. Does it really works only when you click on target and its classification is flying ? I used Steam Engine and could not get to work attack 2 at same time when attack 1 was. Can someone tell me is it so ?

G

Goauld

You can't attack multiple targets at the same time with an attack. Steam Tank damages air units automatically with Barrage but if you order it to attack an air unit it'll attack with attack 2 and Barrage. But it doesn't look like attacking 'cause it uses Barrage's missile animation.

So, for two attacks at the same time use Barrage. The problem could be that it is automatic.

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
It is just I use Siege Engine as unit in my game with two attacks (Makes it more cool and original) Idea was that it can attack units with its missiles from long range (1000) and units who come to attack Siege Engine will get attaecked my auto machinegun (It then would be attack 2 with small range-192). But I thought I can make it so attack to shoots targets as non-hero and at close range it will to dmg to heroes with attack 2 targets as hero. It would be as good as my last idea, thanks.
But I got new question I want to build Siege Engine with ability Tiny Castel (etc) all works fine, I can construct it and so on even repair (My hero got repair ability :D ) but how I could get that green region under my Siege Engine when you chooce location where to build it ? I looked in search but could not find answer (Maybe beacause of poor english- dunno all the nessesary words though.).

G

Goauld

Is it a building, does it have a building's pathing map? The pathing map could make it a little odd, though.

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
It is Ordinary Goblin Transporter (Airship) what I modified to be exactly as Steam Tasnk ( All moving, etc sould be same). Lets say how I can get tha green region under my efult footman if I want to "build" him with Tiny Castle ability ?

G

Goauld

It shows the region only for buildings so you see if it can be placed. Units can be placed generally almost everywhere (air units can be placed anywhere) and they can move, so pretty much everyone would think it is a building if it has the green region under it.

So, set Stats - Is a building to True (doesn't really change anything regarding how it is treated) and give it some pathing map if making it a building isn't enough.

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
It drives me mad... :( I can' t figure out why can' t this trigger run periodicaly ! I just want to creat dummys with 200 distance and I used periodic event for that but it runs only once even it has set to run periodicaly !
First trigger:
Code:
Chain Macropyre Init
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Chain Macropyre 
    Actions
        -------- Here comes variables starting values. --------
        Set Temp_Dis_Check = 0.00
        -------- Getting level of ability being cast. --------
        Set Temp_Ability_Level = (Level of Chain Macropyre  for CM_Temp_Pre)
        -------- Storing caster as previous unit and targeted unit as current unit. --------
        Set CM_Temp_Pre = (Triggering unit)
        Set Triggering_Unit = CM_Temp_Pre
        Set CM_Temp_Cur = (Target unit of ability being cast)
        -------- Storing unit position of ability being cast. --------
        Set Temp_Point = (Position of CM_Temp_Pre)
        -------- Geting dictance between these two unit points. --------
        Set Temp_Dis = (Distance between (Position of CM_Temp_Pre) and (Position of CM_Temp_Cur))
        -------- Geting angle between these two unit points. --------
        Set Temp_Angle = (Angle from (Position of CM_Temp_Pre) to (Position of CM_Temp_Cur))
        -------- Finding out how many Flame Strikes has to be casted. --------
        Set Temp_Integer = ((Integer(Temp_Dis)) / 200)
        -------- Now we can run our Chain Macropyre Mechanics. --------
        Trigger - Run Chain Macropyre Copy <gen> (ignoring conditions)
And now comes trigger what does not work correctly, it should fire all the time !
Code:
Chain Macropyre Copy
    Events
        Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        -------- For testing to get dummys to cast Flame Strike. --------
        Set Temp_Dis_Check = (Temp_Dis_Check + 200.00)
        Unit - Create 1 Dummy (Neutral Hostile) for Neutral Hostile at ((Position of CM_Temp_Pre) offset by Temp_Dis_Check towards Temp_Angle degrees) facing Default building facing degrees
        Set Dummy_Unit = (Last created unit)
        Set Temp_Point = (Position of Dummy_Unit)
        Unit - Add a 5.00 second Generic expiration timer to Dummy_Unit
        Unit - Add Flame Strike (Chain Macropyre) to Dummy_Unit
        Unit - Set level of Flame Strike (Chain Macropyre) for Dummy_Unit to 1
        Unit - Order Dummy_Unit to Human Blood Mage - Flame Strike Temp_Point
        -------- Updateing counter. --------
        Set Temp_Counter = (Temp_Counter + 1)
        Game - Display to (All players) the text: (Temp_Counter  + ((String(Temp_Counter)) + (ja Temp_Integer  + (String(Temp_Integer)))))
^ Now I hope all get what variables I have used ( If you have advanced a bit in WE.). Now last one is initialy disabled. Idea is that first trigger calls second one and second runs every second. I know there are leaks thats why I use variables but I will learn after how to remove leaks if I get all my abilities working correctly. Help me out, thanks.
I have worked with all day and stuck liek always- dizzy.

Evan1993

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Try this
Code:
Trigger - Turn on Chain Macropyre Copy <gen>
instead of
Code:
 Trigger - Run Chain Macropyre Copy <gen> (ignoring conditions)

G

Goauld

You need also turn off action when the spell ends or that would run every second after casting.

Evan1993

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Goauld said:
You need also turn off action when the spell ends or that would run every second after casting.
Isn't that what he/she wanted?
Now last one is initialy disabled. Idea is that first trigger calls second one and second runs every second. I know there are leaks thats why I use variables but I will learn after how to remove leaks if I get all my abilities working correctly.

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
Wow thanks for pointing out what could be wrong (Sometimes thigns get heated up and you can' t even understand what you are doing...). And I' m he :p
The infinite trigger run was just example, lol I hope I can turn it off and on again, just I didn' t get it working right at start anyway. I will tell what happened, I' m trying it soon (~ 15 min).
EDIT: Yes that was problem :D Thanks.

G

Goauld

Basically any unit moving on four feet has normal attachment points and mount attachment points. The usage can be seen for example in Spiked Carapace or Engineering Upgrade buffs.

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
Thanks for help as usual, but don' t you mind telling me is Steam Tank 4 footed thing ? I would apprichiate if you give me unit names what uses "rear".
I encountered question how I can add Panda flamestrike sound to my custom made ability ? I found out all of them are hardcoded but is it possible to add them to other abilities ? And how ? And where to exactly add them ? To buff or effect ? I think to effect I did it for my poison ability though...
EDIT: Sry I found how to do it, I' m sleepy (Messed with my Steam Tank ability literaly whole day ~~ but got it working and with sound its great.)
It is under sound effect- just pick a cathegory ( Example animations where are ability sounds and look around.).
I will continue my jorny next weekend or so, meanwhile good mapping and don' t give up, Sooda.

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
I desided to do one ability today messed with it as usualy whole day ~~ Now it is almost done but I have to polish it and i have to ask for your help again :p
How I can play Steam Tanks alternate attack (When it shoots air units with barrage.) ? I want to use it with ability called Battle Roar (It is just nulled ability and it is under Hostile/ Neutral Hero abilities or so.) Idea is that my Siege Engine (Lol dunno why I like to call it Steam Tank...) uses ability called Battle Roar and while using it it playes its barrage animation (I tryed butting into animations used: Attack Two Alternate... nothing happened.). Please help me.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.