Sooda' s question corner.

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
I' m trying to make hero for non-triggered hero competition, everything is going fine but I got question about ability:
How works item ability "Steal" (The ability what is used for item called "Wand of Mana Stealing".) ?
In ObjectEditor there are these data fields what I can edit:
Code:
Data- Leave Target Alive: True
Data- Life Conversion As Percent: True
Data- Life Converted to Life: 0.00
Data- Mana Converted to Mana: 50.00
Data- Mana Conversion As Percent: True
Now for my ability what I got working perfectly already with "Orb of Slow" has 5 % to drain 6 mana per attack. What I have to change, get it working like that ?
I want just 6 mana points drained and not percent.

R@d14nc3

Reaction score
Code:
Data- Leave Target Alive: True
Data- Life Conversion As Percent: True
Data- Life Converted to Life: 0.00
Data- Mana Converted to Mana: 6.00
Data- Mana Conversion As Percent: False
6 mana drained, not percentage.

Chocobo

White-Flower
Reaction score
Wand of Mana Stealing. :p Buggiest ability.

Data - Leave Target Alive (basically true) said:
If true :
- Steals mana from target.
- Damages the caster and won't heal it.
If false :
- Heals the caster.
- If Life Converted to Life isn't equal to 0.00 :
- Kills the target ignoring how much damage dealt.
- Can not be cast if the caster has full health.

Data - Life Conversion As Percent (basically true) said:
If true :
- Steals the life exactly the amount your wrote in percent for Life Converted to Life.
If false :
- Steals a percentage life of the target. 1% = 0.01, 100% = 1.00. Depends only on target's CURRENT life.
- If Leave Target Alive is equal to true :
- Kills the caster if Life Converted to Life is not equal to 1.00.

Data - Life Converted to Life (basically 0.00) said:
Returns the life stealed from the target. If left as 0.00, it won't steal any life.

Data - Life Converted to Mana (basically 50.00) said:
Returns the mana stealed from the target. If left as 0.00, it won't steal any mana.

Data - Mana Converstion As Percent (basically true) said:
If true :
- Steals exactly the amount of mana from the target you wrote in Life Converted to Mana.
If false :
- Steals a percentage of the target's CURRENT mana.

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
Thanks Chocobo, now I want to set all values in my map for hp regen to 0 how I would do it. My point is to dedect witch ability can give magic resistance but with that hp regen it is impossible to get accurate results so what fields I should set to 0 in map to get that effect ? And I try to check item ability "Defend" what I converted to hero ability with 3 levels and I would like to know or check does it work. I read that ability "Defend" isn't levelable ability.

R@d14nc3

Reaction score
hmmm, I get to read it but I can't...:rolleyes:

Anyways, if I got it right:

>I read that ability "Defend" isn't levelable ability.
It can be ;)
It is easy to be done, are you sure it can't be leveled???

>My point is to dedect witch ability can give magic resistance but with that hp regen it is impossible to get accurate results
The accurate result is that:
See what ability grants you magic resistance.
Calculate that heroes have 25% default magic reduction.
Crippled units take 40% more damage from spells (in default).
etc.

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
hmmm, I get to read it but I can't...:rolleyes:

Anyways, if I got it right:

>I read that ability "Defend" isn't levelable ability.
It can be ;)
It is easy to be done, are you sure it can't be leveled???

>My point is to dedect witch ability can give magic resistance but with that hp regen it is impossible to get accurate results
The accurate result is that:
See what ability grants you magic resistance.
Calculate that heroes have 25% default magic reduction.
Crippled units take 40% more damage from spells (in default).
etc.

Yes, you got me almost- setting ability level in ObjectEditor isn' t hard I must say too. But the actual effect of ability never goes over first level, that means level 3 ability does have same effect as level 1 ability- these are called "non-levelable" abilities.
Thanks I didn' t know how much defult hero armor (Or being hero) reduces spell damage. My idea was to disable HP (Health Power) regen in any form in my map so I could does my ability works after 1st level right. What fields I have to set 0 in Gameplay constants and in ObjectEditor for units on who I' m testing abilities ?

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
Yey still nothing, I encountered new problem:
I modified Carrion Swarm ability but it looks like I can't change buff to any else and effects dosn't work, there is that defult effect on units when they get hit by cone but I would like to see diziness effect and it's buff on units. I did a ability what looks like Gnoll swings his mace and hits all units in front of him. Distance is set to 100 and final area to 100 too for all levels.
Ok just right now I got attached to unit who is targeted show up diziness effect but all others who are nearby still have that nasty carrion swarm effect how to get rid of it ?

Cheddar

This is the way it was meant to be.
Reaction score
I would look under the Undead buffs. If it's not there, check Undead Effects, and if it's not there either most of the time things end up in the Special folder. When you find the art, then change it.

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
New problem I can' t get to work my custom Cluster Rockets and neighter Healing Spray. If I use defult Cluster Rockets it works if I copy paste it to custom abilities it is fucked up badly it isn't damaging units and targets are defult ~~ What is wrong ! I set all damage fields and missile count to defult and its still fucked up dosn't work with defult missile speed (700) arc is 40 and missile is Human Battle Ship bombs.
EDIT: There isn't diziness special so I used Cleaving attack special in art special and it didn't work still that silly carrion swarm effect is :O Btw is my WorldEditor f.... up coz it dosn't work correctly. If I copy ability and edit it it dosn' t do damage.

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
It should be same with Healing Spray then... Defenetly I can't get these two abilities to do damage. I tell you my progress if I got time again to deal with it (Means tomorrow late evening.).

Cheddar

This is the way it was meant to be.
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't use cluster rockets except for my Kirby hero. I make him turn into a stone and leap up, then crash down and stun. It's pretty cool to watch.

PhoenixICE

Reaction score
My suggestion to you would be set cluster rockets to do no damage and if you want set the stun time (dunno if that still works with your we) then using the a trigger that checks if cluster rockets is being cast, make an event that picks every unit within xxx distance from targeted point and set their life equal to their life minus the damage of cluster rockets.

Chocobo

White-Flower
Reaction score
My suggestion to you would be set cluster rockets to do no damage and if you want set the stun time (dunno if that still works with your we) then using the a trigger that checks if cluster rockets is being cast, make an event that picks every unit within xxx distance from targeted point and set their life equal to their life minus the damage of cluster rockets.

Heh, easy to say, hard to do since you require JASS for a multi-instanceability because the delay interval of rockets and the delay interval between explosions.

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
Write values there?

I wrote values (I can use negative values but it dosn' t work for me or I really missed something when I tested it.) Ok I got new problem: How I can change destructible ID in ability Volcano. I can see Destructible ID units and structures but where I can chooce destructibles ?
EDIT: Btw when I use footman or Town Hall Warcraft crashes. Where are destructibles then or how I can pick them.

Chocobo

White-Flower
Reaction score
I wrote values (I can use negative values but it dosn' t work for me or I really missed something when I tested it.) Ok I got new problem: How I can change destructible ID in ability Volcano. I can see Destructible ID units and structures but where I can chooce destructibles ?
EDIT: Btw when I use footman or Town Hall Warcraft crashes. Where are destructibles then or how I can pick them.

Cluster Rockets / Healing Spray : Try using a new aiming triggered style, like dummy units launching missiles based on Storm Bolt. It should work fine. I used that way and it looked very nice. Here is the sample (Don't have WE Open, but it works fine). It is Player-MUI. But you can go to 8191 caster handles if you want me to do that.

Code:
Triggered Cluster Rockets
Events
Unit - Generic unit starts the effect of an ability

Conditions
(Ability being cast) Equal to Cluster Rockets (Auto-Aim)

Actions
Set tempPos[Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit))] = (Position of (Triggering unit))
Set tempTarget[Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit))] = (Target point of ability being cast)
Unit - Create 1 Dummy Caster (Storm Bolt Missiles) for (Owning of (Triggering unit)) at tempPos[Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit))] facing (Facing of (Triggering unit))
Unit - Set Level of Storm Bolt (Cluster Rockets Stun) to (Level of (Ability being cast))
Set DummyCaster[Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit))] = (Last created unit)
Set LastGroup[Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit))] = (Units in [COLOR="Red"](AoE+16)[/COLOR] range of (Target point of ability being cast))
For Each (Integer A) from 1 to [COLOR="Red"]RocketAmount[/COLOR], do Actions
      Loop - Actions
            Unit - Reset Cooldowns for DummyCaster[Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit))
            Set ClusterTarget[Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit))] = (Random unit in LastGroup[Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit))])
            Unit - Order DummyCaster[Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)) to Human Mountaing King - Stormbolt ClusterTarget[Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit))]
            Unit - Remove ClusterTarget[Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit))] from LastGroup[Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit))]
            If (All Conditions are true) Then (Then Actions) Else (Else Actions)
                   If (All Conditions are true)
                          (Number of units in LastGroup[Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit))]) Equal to 0
                   Then (Then Actions)
                          For Each (Integer B) from 1 to (RocketAmount - (Integer A)), do Actions
                                 Loop - Actions
                                        Set RandomReal = (Random real number between 0.00 and ([COLOR="Red"]AoE[/COLOR]+16))
                                        Set tempPos[Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit))] = (tempTarget[Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit))] towards RandomReal facing (Random angle))
                                        Unit - Create 1 Dummy Target for (Owner of Triggering unit) at tempPos[Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit))] facing 0.00 degrees
                                        Unit - Add (Last created unit) to LastGroup[Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit))]
                                        Unit - Set Life of (Triggering unit) to 1.00

2 : Maybe use the fill thing to write the destructibleId yourself?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.