Tree Fade Animation

XxShadyxX

I abused the rep system.
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm trying to add this system: http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=85952
Its a Tree Fade System so when units go under the tree the tree turns transparent.

I've tried and tried to learn to add the animation(Stand Alternate) which makes the tree transparent. But failed every time.

I have about 10 tree models and some arches, that I need to have this animation.

If you are willing to edit them for me that would be great, as well as if som1 walks me through adding them myself.

Thanks,
Shady

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm trying to add this system: http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=85952
Its a Tree Fade System so when units go under the tree the tree turns transparent.

I've tried and tried to learn to add the animation(Stand Alternate) which makes the tree transparent. But failed every time.

I have about 10 tree models and some arches, that I need to have this animation.

If you are willing to edit them for me that would be great, as well as if som1 walks me through adding them myself.

Thanks,
Shady

Use a custom tint, possibly.

I think this can be used in JASS. I believe 10010010075 will make it transparent.

XxShadyxX

I abused the rep system.
Reaction score
I am using the system above, I need the animations added.
Thanks though.

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
Hrm, if you can upload that tree with working stand alternative fade animation and those trees that need it, I can try to do it.

Just remember that my modelling skills kinda suck, so there is a chance that i cant do it.

But Im willing to try.

edit. And yea, its sad that destructibles have no vertex colour :(

XxShadyxX

I abused the rep system.
Reaction score
Okay great thanks! :D
I'll post the One with the Fade animation, and i'll post 1 of the sevral trees I need it added to.

AshenCanopyTree is the one with the animation
The other does not,

Attachments

• AshenCanopyTree0.mdx
    6.5 KB · Views: 64
  • AeriePeaksTree.mdx
    9.2 KB · Views: 73

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
Sry, I forgot this thread totally.

I downloaded those now and Im going to see how that stuff works.

edit. New animation succesfully implemented. ( I guess. At least it seems to be working in Magos Model editor. )

It is a really easy job and takes only few changes if you know what to do. I can teach you how to do it if you want.

edit2. I didnt test it in game, so tell me if it doesnt work.
If you have more destructible models in need of similiar fade animations, I can teach you how to do that stuff.

XxShadyxX

I abused the rep system.
Reaction score
Yes :D that would be great :D
Testing now

Edit: Didn't work, all it did was add a stump D:, and isn't transparent.

Edit2: Wait, in game it disapears. Which isn't the effect I wanted D:, I ment transparent, where you can still slighty see it but you can see through it, like an invisable unit?

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
Ok, I see if I can find whats wrong.

It seemed to be working fine in model editor, though. so I must be close to the solution.. ( I hope )

And yea, it is supposed to have trasnparent material layer under that normal material layer, so it should be transparent...

edit. Did some fixing. Made that stump geoset not visible for some animations and stuff like that.

Ill test that tree myself later and see it if works now.

edit2. Hrm, didnt test it ingame yet, but I guess I upload it here anyways.

Attachments

• AeriePeaksTree.mdx
    9.5 KB · Views: 66

XxShadyxX

I abused the rep system.
Reaction score
This time the tree didn't change at all in game, when I played the animation. D:

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
Yea, lols. My trees are no longer visible at all.

Model works fine in model editor and in world editor, but fails ingame and I have no idea why.

I guess I need to wait till I see my model maker expert guy, and ask him about this stuff.

Damn. :/

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I suggest you just get a basic model editor and change the tree's tinting to 10010010075.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.