2-Mile Run -Tips Please-

Polak

I am cool.
Reaction score
I am going to have to run 2-miles this season as I did last season for soccer. I did quite well last season, I ran it in 14:00. I don't know if I can match that time this season and I am wondering if you guys can give me some tips. I'm running this on a track with a total of 8 laps.

Lobster

Old Fogey ofthe site
Reaction score
hmm.
-breathe steadily
-pace yourself
-practice before you do it
-stretch if you can, but not too much.

Cheddar

This is the way it was meant to be.
Reaction score
Run 7 laps and say you did 8 :p

That's what half of the people in my P.E. class used to do :thdown:

Cornface

Avoid, if at all possible.
Reaction score
Just practice. Run longer than 2-miles yourself. Then you will know how it will feel to run that, making it a lot easier.

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
Maybe actually kick 1-2 of your opponents (by accident) or put some narcotics in their drinks :thup: Do a little doping. I heard adrenalin infections make wonders work :)

na.... seriusly. Lobster stated pretty much everything.
Mb do some yoga : P

Seb!

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Eat potatoes and bananas for potassium, only drink water and drink a lot of it, don't worry about pacing - you should be able to go out pretty fast on only a two mile run. Do exercises for yours abs; "bicycle" curls, sit-ups, etc.

Also, as Cornface said, make sure you run longer than two miles in practice. Do a five or six mile run, with surges or sprints sporadically throughout. After this run, do more sprints individually.

After each race, run a one mile cool-down.

This works for me, but I run the three mile.

Sintoras

Shaaakaa!
Reaction score
Best stamina training is Sprint 5 mins then run slowly for 10 to 15 mins then sprint again for 5 and so on...

Just train and you'll do fine.

Sintoras

K

King of Soul

hmm, run on your toes, i find that sense i used to live on a mountain for a few years my lungs where incredibly strong training in higher altitudes can be good, and eat healthy.
the only other thing i can suggest is allways be active with your legs. walking a lot is a good thing, maybe pump up that music and mosh :thup:

TFlan

I could change this in my User CP.
Reaction score
I am going to have to run 2-miles this season as I did last season for soccer. I did quite well last season, I ran it in 14:00. I don't know if I can match that time this season and I am wondering if you guys can give me some tips. I'm running this on a track with a total of 8 laps.

Nice, I also have to do this tomorrow actually.

What I've been doing is this, it's called a ladder.

Take a warm-up lap, nice and slow/steady. Stretch, do another warm-up lap, and stretch one more time (you can never stretch enough). Now you do the ladder:

Jog 100m, sprint 100m, jog 200m, spring 200m, jog 300m, sprint 300m, job 400m, sprint 400m.

Then go from 400m back down to 100m.

Now you warm-down, take a slow steady lap, stretch, and take another lap stretch.

Go home and sleep.

Remember to eat a lot of carbs, mainly pizza and pasta. Don't eat a lot of acids they will cramp your muscles, and drink plenty of water the day before, the hours leading up to the 2 mile run, and just after your run.

If you don't have access to a track, do telephone poles. If you don't have telephone poles, get out of the 20th century.

Good Luck! If you do this for the summer and then take it easy the day before you run, you can beat 14 minutes easy, might be able to do a 6 minute mile. But keep this in mind:

Every day you don't exercise is 2 days to make up for it.

EDIT::
^ Thats just a rule of thumb :)

Also this ladder is in total: 5800m. Thats 14.5 laps. Thats 3.625 miles (if each lap is 400m).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.