2 Questions About Cinematics

Giantpanda

Reaction score
Yes, i have more questions...

1) EDIT: Figured it out.

2) I am planning on making a unit fly straight up from the ground, although i have no idea how to do it. I tried changing its flying height over 20 seconds but that didn't work.

To change a units flying hight that is not flying, you have to give and remove the Storm Crow Form ability to the unit before you alter the fly hight.

if you want to make a unit normaly doesn't fly, you want to make it permanetly fly simple even if its a hero that works.

first : just look all stat in unit edittor of a flying unit and set the same field in your unit woth value

an other one : is to trigger if you want a unit it something like that :

your event

your condition

action
give flying skill to your unit
set flying height to your unit to ... over the ground

to finish invert this trigger and your unit wil be back on earth :)

normaly this is near the solution but for more detail you have some post allready exlain hove to make a unit fly on the oficial website too

You want a unit to fly? If it's originally a gound unit, you have to give it Crow Form.

Trigger:
  • Trigger
    • Events
      • A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Fly
    • Actions
      • Unit - Add Crow Form to (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Remove Crow Form from (Triggering unit)
      • Animation - Change (Triggering unit) flying height to [Your height] at [Your rate]

Trigger:
  • Cinematic 9
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Set level of Fly for Jelme (Fly) 0031 <gen> to 1
      • Unit - Order Jelme (Fly) 0031 <gen> to Night Elf Druid Of The Talon - Storm Crow Form

So, is there any particular reason that wouldn't work? Because thats what i have and nothing happens.
Thanks for the help up to here guys.

EDIT: That is nowhere near the full trigger, i removed the unnecessary parts. I know that the trigger fires

Trigger:
  • Cinematic 9
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Set level of Fly for Jelme (Fly) 0031 <gen> to 1
      • Unit - Order Jelme (Fly) 0031 <gen> to Night Elf Druid Of The Talon - Storm Crow Form

So, is there any particular reason that wouldn't work? Because thats what i have and nothing happens.
Thanks for the help up to here guys.

EDIT: That is nowhere near the full trigger, i removed the unnecessary parts. I know that the trigger fires

You don't need to make him fly by changing his form. Just add and remove crow form right away and you'll be able to adjust it's flying height.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    News portal has been retired. Main page of site goes to Headline News forum now
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am working on getting access to the old news portal under a different URL for those that would rather use that for news before we get a different news view.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Easily done
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    https://www.thehelper.net/pages/news/ is a link to the old news portal - i will integrate it into the interface somewhere when i figure it out
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Need to try something
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hopefully this won't cause problems.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hmm
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I have converted the Headline News forum to an Article type forum. It will now show the top 20 threads with more detail of each thread.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    See how we like that.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do not see a way to go past the 1st page of posts on the forum though
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is OK though for the main page to open up on the forum in the view it was before. As long as the portal has its own URL so it can be viewed that way I do want to try it as a regular forum view for a while
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Yeah I'm not sure what the deal is with the pagination.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    It SHOULD be there so I think it might just be an artifact of having an older style.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I switched it to a "Standard" article forum. This will show the thread list like normal, but the threads themselves will have the first post set up above the rest of the "comments"
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I don't really get that article forum but I think it is because I have never really seen it used on a multi post thread
  • Ghan Ghan:
    RpNation makes more use of it right now as an example: https://www.rpnation.com/news/
  • The Helper The Helper:
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What do you think Tom?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    I will have to get used to this.
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    The latest news feed looks good

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.