a dummy casting ability problem

spirits

Reaction score
hi i have read the how to make a dummy guide(http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/cat_usersubmit.php?view=26751)

however i am currently trying to make a spell using a dummy. my spell is like multi shot. like in custom hero line wars more than one arrow is shot :O lol. but my spell is a channeling multishot. one that stops casting if moved or stunned.

the spell is supposed to look like the starfall ability but just the art with arrows comming off of me(its supposed to be the dummy actually:p shooting the arrows) i have made the dummy with the guide, but i need to know how to make it use the ability i gave it and how to stop the dummy from using the ability when my hero is stunned or dead or stops casting the ability. and well..maybe how to make sure the dummy is invul and uses the invul ability and etc

if anyone can show me how with a guide or some triggers that will be awesome!!

oh and here is my trigger so far(the llocust is my dummy)

level 6 mediation
Events
Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
Conditions
(Ability being cast) Equal to Mediation (more powerful)
Actions
Unit - Create 1 Locust for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Target point of issued order) facing Default building facing degrees
Visibility - Enable fog of war

oh here is my trigger when the hero stops channeling

cancel the mediation
Events
Unit - THErapist 0000 <gen> Stops casting an ability
Conditions
Mediation (more powerful) Equal to Mediation (more powerful)
Actions
Unit - Remove (Summoned unit) from the game

FireBladesX

Eating my wings!
Reaction score
No guide or triggers, just a few pointers:
Is the spell MUI? That is, can multiple units use it at the same time? Or just 1 unit per player, or just 1 unit at all.
Easiest if it's just 1 unit at a time.

You can use the events Unit stops casting an ability or Unit dies to check if channeling is disrupted, and just remove the dummy if the events trigger. If it's not MUI, then assign the dummy unit to a unit variable.

Also, what's this "uses the invul ability"? Isn't it passive?

spirits

Reaction score
wait there is a passive invul spell :O? but how do i make my summoned locus force it to use the spells i gave it

Nherwyziant

Be better than you were yesterday :D
Reaction score
oh here is my trigger when the hero stops channeling

cancel the mediation
Events
Unit - THErapist 0000 <gen> Stops casting an ability
Conditions
Mediation (more powerful) Equal to Mediation (more powerful)
Actions
Unit - Remove (Summoned unit) from the game

It's not a stop channeling event,
look closely to your trigger event, it said "Stops Casting", it's not stop channeling.

Pharaoh_

The epic journey will soon begin... Prepare!
Reaction score
Stops casting an ability is the same to stop channeling. Whatever it is, since there is not another event to call when referring to a channeling ability, stops casting is the same thing, so, no worries. You don't remove the dummy that way.

Once you create it, store it within a variable of type 'Unit'. Set Unit1 = (Last created unit).
Trigger:
  • Events
    • A unit stops casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • Ability being cast equal to X
    • Actions
      • Unit - Kill (Unit1)

Don't use 'Remove unit', it creates some mulfunctions, as i heard of.

To kill the unit if hero is stunned, do this: Check if you have any custom buffs that refer to stun (e.g. you might have a spell called "Electro Bolt", but you use another buff, rather than "Stun (Paused)", to refer to that specific spell -because "Stun (Paused)" is the default for Storm Bolt spell). If you have made custom buffs for stun-type spells, check what they are and do this:

Trigger:
  • Events
    • A unit starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Target unit of ability being cast) has &quot;Stunned (Paused)&quot; Equal to True
      • (Place here the other custom buffs that refer to stun-type spells - if you have any -)
    • Actions
      • Set Point1 = (Playable Map Area)
      • Set Group1 = (Units in (Units in Point1) matching (Unit-type of (Matching unit) Equal to (Your dummy unit))
      • Unit Group - Pick up every unit in Group1 and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If/ Then/ Else
            • If (Conditions)
              • ((Picked unit) is alive) Equal to True (Boolean)
            • Then
              • Unit - Kill (Picked unit)
            • Else
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_Group1)
      • Custom cript: call RemoveLocation (udg_Point1)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.