A tree with a stone-modell, but it doesn't display (texture)

N-a-z-g-u-l

Reaction score
I want a tree to look like a stone, so you can go there for earning wood, in this case i will edit it to another ressource, but thats the basic... I copied a tree and changed the model to a stone, which is also there in the Ashenvale Rock, but it doesn't display... If you edit trees there is an extra row for textures, where you can enter the texture for your tree... Is there a way to display the stone??? And i want it to carry more wood, for example 500 or something, but how does it work? another thing is that i want only 6 units to work at this stone... if it's impossible, is there a way to add ressources to the unit who attacks the stone? to the unit, but not to the player... but it will be better if this is a normal tree only with an other modell, so my question ist, what i have to enter there in the texture row? i think the rocks must have textures, too, but i dont know the filename...

G

guitarplay

just go ahead and change the art model file

go to doodads, find the rock, and it will automatcaly look like a rock.

N-a-z-g-u-l

Reaction score
im no newbie, did you try it?? i think this wont work.. that was what i did... perhaps it helps you, if you know the reason for this all:

im going to make Empire Earth for warcraft III... there wont be "stone", "gold", "metal" and "wood".. all this things will be called "ressources"... and now i also need stones, which are used for earning "ressources" another thing is fishing, i want the ships to can go fishing, it should work like trees, too, but it should give the player gold, in this case it's called food.....

WastedSavior

A day without sunshine is like, well, night.
Reaction score
erm.. but if you use a tree.. the peasant will still walk away from there with a log on his shoulder?

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
He could change the wood gathering ability to make the peasant look like he's holding a gold sack.

If the rock model you've chosen doesn't have the same number of model variations that the tree has then you'll have to change it. To put variation in a single 'model', Blizzard has a system for doing so, just make ten models and make them part of one particular name. If there are 10 different rocks under Rock.mdx, then the variation must be 10.

N-a-z-g-u-l

Reaction score
the rock model has 10 different variations, but it doesnt display in-game... :banghead: please try it yourself, it wont work...

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.