Other [Altered Melee] Warcraft: Chronicles of the Forgotten Island

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
I know that there are a lot of Altered melee projects here, and I am happy to see that this map gendere lives. Here is my altered melee

The Story:
Come, wanderer, I have a tale to tell. The tale of the Forgotten Island. Long, long ago, there was an Island, with the ultimate treasure hidden in it. Evry one of the four Races sent their best Warriors to go and Retreave the prize. The Lichking knowingly Seperated this island from our world.For 3 thousand years, the warroirs sent there have been seealed away, fighting to get the artifakt, hoping that once they have retreaved it they can get back home. Knowing this the Lich King created a second world. Just like the one the great battle between the night elfs and the burning legion was held. Unfortunetly like there are no identical dust, there is no ideantical spell. So the Lichking created another, unknown world.

This map changed a lot since the day i got inspired to do it. It also got delayed a lot. But I finally finished it. This is not the ordinary altered melle map- tons of new races, Units and heroes. This map was made to make the battles moore interesting. For start let me tel you that for now the races have just 1 new unit(each one has it), but most of the units are balanced/reworked. As I said before the battles are made to be moore intense. For one thing the gold mines are not protected so you can epand. There aren't many creeps so you must fight with the other player mooore often. But that is not all. I've added systems that shloud make the map-gameply moore intense. One thing are the Silent Catheadrals. These are Immortal catheadrals scattered arround the map. if you come close to one of them, It will be converted to your side. These buildings have hudge sight range so you can see when the oponent will atack you. These buildings give you an edge, so be carefull. Each race has evolved a "devil trigger", this means that if your unit's hp falls under serten % he will get armor and dmg bonus and 120% lifestealfor 7.5 seconds if the unit's hp doesn't get up, then the line he will have these skills for another 7.5 seconds. One last thing are the tactical inventorys that each hero has. THey contain spels that cost no mana and will help you in battle. In the future you will have to buy the weapons and when you use them they wil dissapear so you have to buy them again, but they are free for now in the name of testing. I am working on another system but I have no luck with it for now.

Screenshot Time!
1 Bird View
1ac972a760d509d3.JPG

2 General Critters and Doodads Part I
162c40f21880c706.JPG

3 General Critters and Doodads Part II
0459f44621b78d75.JPG

4 Silent Catheadral
9c2a810185fe25f8.JPG
The map has dumb AI(they don't use taktical inventory and the silent catheadrals.) But it will be fine for the testing. Please give me feedback,
+rep for long/usefull feedback, good/usefull ideas and anything else i find gppd/useful.

I will post what I have so far
Terrein 100%
Populating The Terrein- 100%
Re-maiking the units- 100%
Re-maiking the upgrades 100%
adding new units 100%
Adding Systems 100%
Balancing& remooving major bugs 100% things are as balanced as they will be for the beta version.
Release date- Beta is now!

Here is a changelog of the units i have edited so far
undead
•Shades have a verry weak chaos atack. They require 1 moore food however, so no swarming is possible.
•Ghouls hasve 40moore hp and their canibalizm skill is strenghtened to 25hp/sec
•Ghouls will have a charge ability envenoming the target, but it will cost them hp.
•The crypt fiends's web will be cast on ground units as well, but it has bigger cool down and it is only for 5 seconds.
•Gargoles are eaven stronger in stone form
•The banshee has deasent dmg
•The necromnacer has better dmg, he rises 3skeletons not 2, but the skill has a lot bigger cooldown and his unholly frenzy is stronger(at the cost of 5hp/per sec)
•The Abomination's desiese clod delas 3/dmg per sec, but it stais only for 30sec, not 120
•The Undead Main Base is a bit stronger
•The nerubian towers have moore dmg
THe Orc Horde
•The Grunts will have a "last cry ability" if their hp falls uunder 30% they will get dmg and atack speed bonus.
•THe Raider's ensnare ability is stronger, their dmg is bigger
•Actually evry orcish unit has dmg increasement.
•THe shaman lightning shield is stronger
• THe Witchdoctor's Healing ward is much stronger.
•The Pulvarzize ability is stronger, but there is 5% less chance to be cast
•The War drums ability is slightly moore powerfull.
•The Watch tower has moore hp and dmg.
•orc burrows have +1 Armor
The Night Elves
•Archer's hp is slightly increased
•Archers have the night cripple ability- they can slow enemies a bit.(kinda like a verry weak version of the slow)
•Huntreses have slightly moore hp/
•THe huntreses ability "sentinel" now has bigger range
•The dryads poison is stronger
•The dryads have a new passive ability- purity- passivly gives moore hp regen.
•Druids of the taloo and of the claw have moore dmg.
•The montain giant's ability to use a tree as a weapon lasts for 10 moore hits. :)
•THe treant protectors have siege dmg.
•The moon wells have greater mana regen
Human Aliance
•Footmen have slightly moore dmg(+1) and slightly moore armor
•THe defend ability is a bit stronger
•Knights have better atack speed
•Rifelmen have biggerdmg
•Rifelmen have better atackspeed but smaller range and less hp
•The mortar team has moore hp/dmg but less atackspeed
•Grifon Riders have better atackspeed.
•Sorceresses Now have the dmg and hp they needed to saty longer in battle
•SpellBrakers have "Defend" ability and slightly moore DMG
•Dragon Hawk Riders have chaos dmg and their net ability is tweaked a lot.
•Arcane towers have better feedback. Same goes for the spellbrakers.
Please, Give me feedback, I'd really apriciate it.
Note: my spelling S**ks here. I was too tired when writing this

kingbdogz

The Edge of Eternity is upon us.
Reaction score
So this is the Altered melee you were hiding from me? :D
Seems very well thought out and original, I'll try it now :thup:

Charapanga

Reaction score
Well...Looking through your Change log thingy...i've seen you made everything much stronger exept the undead, well you made them stronger but you balanced it back again...

Though the map is original and looks great

I'ma try it when i have time and leave my comments, kay?

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Ok. ANd about the undead, they are my favourite race so I am trying not to make them overpowered.However In the new version witch will countain a lot moore changes(evry unit will be build faster by 4 seconds) and evry worker will bring twise the resoursec(meaning that undead ghouls wiill bring 40 wood. Lol) All in order to make tha map moore intense. The undead will have a better DT and abominations will be build faster. Unfortunetly the AI might be fucked up after these changes....

kingbdogz

Reaction score
Ok I'm writing this as a play. I chose random and started as Human.
I started in the bottom left corner and when I built a barracks crabs started to attack me, you should place them further away from the base.
Terrain is brilliant great job on that, +rep!
I clicked onto the barracks and saw the Captain icon but it had no name or tooltip.
I built a Captain, in my opinion it isn't a very good new unit, it's just a beefed up Footman with a new ability. It renders the Footman useless since they are on the same tier. I think you should make an upgrade on tier 2 that replaces Footman with Captains and think of a new unit instead. An idea for a new unit is an early tier 1 spellcaster, now that would be cool. But don't make the spells too powerful, because you can get them in tier 1.
I see the Mines aren't protected anymore, I like this. Makes it more like War 2 :D =)
I attacked their base, they haven't expanded since I'm on easy lol xD
I beat the comp.

Well that's all I can tell you. I know this is beta so I can't really say much right now but I think it has a lot of potential. BTW why is the Wood icon changed to a red gem? Just curios :D When I have time I'll check out the other races, but for now I can say that it is a nice start to an awesome map :thup: +rep!

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
I get some positive feedback for a projec of mine. That is a first. Thanks dude!!!! Also I love the "early Spellcaster" idea. +rep. However, tell me what do you think of the Devil Triggers(apperance and bonuses are different for each race but still) +rep
This terrein was based off a verry old(unreleased) project of mine(another altered melee) where tier one and 2 units costed only gold. At tier 3 you unlocked about 6-7 new units who required Proud Souls. You get the proud souls when you kill enemy(not critters) units.

And, I added u on skype.

kingbdogz

Reaction score
I get some positive feedback for a projec of mine. That is a first. Thanks dude!!!! Also I love the "early Spellcaster" idea. +rep. However, tell me what do you think of the Devil Triggers(apperance and bonuses are different for each race but still) +rep
This terrein was based off a verry old(unreleased) project of mine(another altered melee) where tier one and 2 units costed only gold. At tier 3 you unlocked about 6-7 new units who required Proud Souls. You get the proud souls when you kill enemy(not critters) units.

And, I added u on skype.

No problem, also I don't go on skype much but I go on MSN, if you have MSN pm me with your addy.

Pharaoh_

The epic journey will soon begin... Prepare!
Reaction score
Well, my thoughts on this project:

It doesn't seem like a custom melee map (because it is custom, since you intefere the default melee map - with nurfs/ empowering stats and skills).
The truth is that it seems more of a Warcraft 4 version or to be more exact, a revised version of the TFT, since you add no extra features/ races/ etc.
Also, it is like you Unit Group - Pick up every unit and do (Strengthen (Picked unit)). I mean, every unit now has either slightly increased hp, skills added, slowing attack, powerful versions of default skills and anything referring to the word "overpower". Yes, we all wished we had greater attack speed/ greater skills, enhanced, but there is a reason all those have such numbers.
My suggestions, after my thoughts:
I would add custom features, because we hardly see nowadays the default type of map (known as Ladder) with custom inteference. You could also add a new race. You could add new units in the current civilizations. The terrain is nice, it should have more bits of aestheticism, especially on those ruins, where Neutral Hostile creeps own the territory. Add custom upgrades and generally make things that someone would be interested in downloading this map. Know that you don't make anything new here or anything special: anybody can edit the default map, by increasing skills' power, by adding default spells in default units (e.g. the "Defend" on Spellbreakers), so i wonder why. The map should involve new facts, not know-at-all ones.

Good luck with the map, i honestly do hope it gets nice critics, but i believe adding such a... negative-neutral comment would be nice to see why it might not be widely published. Just to know some thoughts different than the ones "WOHA, Great MAP! SPECTACUL4R!" and such (who might look forward to a rep).

If you want some help or an honest opinion for features that you will change, you can always pm me :) Cu around.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
=>Pharaoh
Thanks, for the feedback. +rep.

=>Ghostwind, give the grass a rest! I will start replasing it with sand or that dirt with little grassy things in it. I want to hear feedback about the gameplay things I've added.

duderock101

Check out my 2 Player Co-op RPG!
Reaction score
i am sorry if this has been said before but

your puncuation and spelling of the english langue is like a german on steroids

I just had to say that. i don't know the heck your saying and it it's kidna annoying, would give +rep for the map but the spelling is kind of inclining me to give -rep, but i won't give -rep because im nice xD.... (dont tell ANYone)

EDIT - Hmm i know it's been mentioned about the grass so i won't say anything about that. This melee map looks very VERY simliar to an already existing Blizzard map... but hay i'm nosey and don't care who i hurt.

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
Well you don't really give people neg rep for having bad spelling >.>
That's not really the purpose of it.

Larcenist

REP: Respect, Envy, Prosperity?
Reaction score
i am sorry if this has been said before but

your puncuation and spelling of the english langue is like a german on steroids

I just had to say that. i don't know the heck your saying and it it's kidna annoying, would give +rep for the map but the spelling is kind of inclining me to give -rep, but i won't give -rep because im nice xD.... (dont tell ANYone)

EDIT - Hmm i know it's been mentioned about the grass so i won't say anything about that. This melee map looks very VERY simliar to an already existing Blizzard map... but hay i'm nosey and don't care who i hurt.

If you're planning on complaining about someone's English, it usually has a good effect if the person complaining is any better himself at the very same subject.

As for the map, I haven't played it, nor will I probably do it (I tend to fail miserably at melee maps), but it seems as if you put some time into this and hopefully that reflects on the end result.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
duderock101, if you are going to critisize anything, let it be the map, not my spelling. I am learning english for less then 2 years and I think I am doing pretty good, and if you haven't noticed 90% of the mistaces are typing mistaces, not that i don't know the words.

Ok, now for the actual update- I like releasing versions with big changes, not stuff like, added one neatural shop near the waygate or somthing. I am going to add 3 new units with upgrades for each new race. Today I started doing it and I have almost finished the night elves. All I need is an idea for a trap ability.(Note: must fit the night elf race) +rep for the one i choose.

Now for somthing a bit moore global- I was thinking of adding special units to the 4 races. Those will be units with unique abilities, that takes a lot of time to build but they bring a lot of advantages to the race. I am going to give you an example of it- the night elf unit is going to be a spirit, witch has 1-1 chaos atack and 700hp. Nothing that special, huh? Well this spirit will summon different treants, and he will be able to destroy trees and summoned units, only with one though. The paradox here is that he is extra weak against any kind of atacks, so it is highly recomended, to keep him in the base, near moon wells.

Tell me what you think of the new units.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.