Any Recommended Speakers?

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm planning on buying a new set of speakers for my desktop.

I'm willing to spend around £50 mark; lower would be preferred, though I wouldn't mind spending a little more for better quality.
I'd appreciate if the product was available in the UK. :p

My motherboard supports up to 7.1 channel surround sound, so "does my PC support it" won't be a problem. Then again, I doubt I could afford stuff like that.

In fact, I don't want anything more than two speakers and a subwoofer; though just two speakers would be fine too.

At the moment, I'm thinking of getting one of the following:

Any comments on the above or new suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
id go with the logitech ones unless you want really loud speakers, in which case the latter Hercules one is probably better, but the others dont seem to merit the extra cost from the reviews

Tru_Power22

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
The logitech one looks to be your best bet from what I'm reading, but I would recommend Altec Lancing speakers if you can find some.

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
Anything by Bose. Great quality if your not lookin for volume. Bose speakers usually are small but are as effective, a bit pricy though

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
@ Slapshot136:
Hmm, thanks. I won't be needing anything extremely loud.
Though what reviews are you basing your opinions on? :p

@ Sqrage:
I guess you get what you pay for; they're far too expensive. D:

@ Tru_Power22 and Avaleirrra:
I'd rather a specific set of speakers, not just a brand. Besides, Dabs.com hasn't got anything from Bose, and not much from Altec Lansing.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hmm, Ok. Thanks. :)

I'll wait for some more opinions for now.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
I pretty much run Bose on everything sound related. They're kinda expensive, but if you want decent sound I would really recommend not buying a cheap set of speakers.:thup:

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Still too expensive.

Would it help if I said I wanted good sound quality for ~£50, instead of just good speakers? :p

Sintoras

Shaaakaa!
Reaction score
I have a set by Teufel, which is a german company, so the shipping might be expensive. They are great, with a huge subwoofer but might be a bit over your budget.

Otherswise I'd go with Logitechs. 50 pounds aren't a lot, so I wouldn't expect anything too great.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
> Otherswise I'd go with Logitechs. 50 pounds aren't a lot, so I wouldn't expect anything too great.
For some PC speakers, I'd think that £50 is a high budget. :confused:

Anyway, seems like the Logitech ones are preferred.
Is there any advantage (other than the price) of these over the other ones?

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Bump

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
If price matters, ignore my other post and don't get Bose, go with either of the logitech ones

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I pretty much run Bose on everything sound related. They're kinda expensive, but if you want decent sound I would really recommend not buying a cheap set of speakers.:thup:
I love bose too, they are top quality but are costy :p

I have bose earphones and they are the best so far.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.