Anybody knows how to extend a model animation's duration?

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Let's say a default melee Mothership Vortex lasts about 10 seconds. I want it to last for 30 seconds. How do you do that?

And let's say that all model animations can be slowed down, would it also affect the total duration for it?

Adovid

Reaction score
From what I have seen an actor may or may not be dependent on the effect of the ability, sometimes it is active when the ability is being channeled, sometimes the effect is linked to an independent countdown timer or sound which destroys the actor when it expires. You can change the animation rate of an actor but that may not have any barring on the ability.

My sc2 machine is currently not working so I can't test it out for you atm.

Look and see if the ability uses a persistent effect. Open the data editor and select the ability and see if it is linked on the bottom left to any effects that may be persistent or create unit effects. If it's a persistent effect you can set the number of periods or the duration of the persistent effect to modify it's duration. Assuming this, the actor that it uses will most likely know that the persistent effect is still running and animate accordingly.

If the actor is linked to a unit then you can use a behavior buff("stats modification-unit time" I think) to modify the unit's time frame so that all of it's animations and behaviors are slowed by a factor of time.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.