<--- Aotd --->

Joker(Div)

Always Here..
Reaction score
My 5th attempted project!

Joker(Div) Presents:
Aeon of Strife/Tower Defence (AOTD)

I. So, What is this?

The map is just as the name states. It is a mix of an AoS and a TD. The map will force the players to be always alert, for they have 2 things to worry at once. It's purpose is the allow people truly shine multitasking skills!

II. General Map Info:
  • Max Number of Players: 8
  • Number of Teams: 2
  • Number of Players Per Team: 4
  • 8 TD Lanes, 1 per player
  • 1 Mini AoS spot
  • 40 TD Levels (+1 Bonus)
  • 4 Tower Heroes (Pending)
  • 5-10 AoS Heroes

III. Game Mechanics/Info:
- TD Gameplay:
Each player will start with the same builder. There are no plans on creating new builders. The Builders will we able to build 5 (Possibly more) Towers. 1 barricade, and 4 "tower heroes." Each tower hero will NOT BE ABLE TO ATTACK/MOVE, instead they have their own unique skills which you must utilize to kill creeps. Each tower will be able to blink to the wanted destination, obviously being limited to their own lanes. The tower heroes will be able to level up. They will not have any collision(pending), so you must create smart mazes according to the type of skills that the heroes have.​

- AoS Gameplay:
The AoS part of the map will start instantly as well as the TD portion. The players will have a choice of (10 < Number > 5) heroes. The AoS terrain will only have 2 lanes, with towers for each team guard it. At each end, there will be a main which must be killed. When the main is killed, the AoS will completely restart. Common things such as hero revive and recipes will all be included in this mini AoS.​

- How They Mix:
Each team will have 1,5,10 (hosts decision) lives. The creeps that pass the TD portion will leak to the AoS portion, where they will solely target the main of the team the leaker was on. Every time the main dies, the team will lose a life. Experience among your TD heroes and AoS heroes will not be shared. You will have the same type of income from both the AoS and TD kills.​

- The Challenge:
So, why does this map need multitasking? There are two main reasons. One, no towers will attack by themselves (although there may be a few channeling and passive spells), so you must constantly spam spells to kill creeps. Two, the AoS will be your primary gold source. TD creeps will take a while to kill, so you will need a constant income to aid you. Once you leak the TD creeps, their bounty will go away. So, to summarize all this, TD creeps = Big money, long time to kill / AoS creeps = Small money, constant income. Hero kills will obviously reward with gold. Death in the AoS will cost you gold. You must be able to keep a good balance of spending gold on both TD and AoS supports.​

IV. Credits (As of Right Now):
  • Cohadar
    1. ABC
    2. ABCT
    3. TT
    4. PUI
    5. Recycler
    6. Dialogs System

• Vexorian
    1. NewGen Editor
    2. SimError

//Heroes  ========== 0%
//Items   ========== 0%   
//Systems @@@@@@@=== 70%
//Units   ========== 0%

Things to come on the next update:
  1. More in depth Game Info

Knight7770

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped aliophobia
Reaction score
*This is not a reply.*

Good luck with your 5th attempted project :D Make it better than all of the other TDs out there.

Joker(Div)

Always Here..
Reaction score
Alright! I got a basic outline of what I wanted. I'm missing a few stuff because I'm running short on time, but I hope you guys can get the general picture of how my game will go.

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
Wow, nice idea. Good luck with the project.

I expect great things from a JASSer of your stature. o_O

:)

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Hmm.. this is pwetty pwetty interesting. Aos and TD would be fun.

Good luck with your... eh... 5th attempted project, lol. :D

Waaaaagh

I lost all my rep and my title being a jerk
Reaction score
God damnit. You can't use AotD! It's the name of a map I've been waiting for for about ~2 years. A parody of DotA called Attack of the Drunks, and it involves alcohol! You got me all excited and then only moments later I was disappointed.

Just like sex.

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
My 5th attempted project!

Joker(Div) Presents:
Aeon of Strife/Tower Defence (AOTD)

I. So, What is this?

The map is just as the name states. It is a mix of an AoS and a TD. The map will force the players to be always alert, for they have 2 things to worry at once. It's purpose is the allow people truly shine multitasking skills!

II. General Map Info:
  • Max Number of Players: 8
  • Number of Teams: 2
  • Number of Players Per Team: 4
  • 8 TD Lanes, 1 per player
  • 1 Mini AoS spot
  • 40 TD Levels (+1 Bonus)
  • 4 Tower Heroes (Pending)
  • 5-10 AoS Heroes

III. Game Mechanics/Info:
- TD Gameplay:
Each player will start with the same builder. There are no plans on creating new builders. The Builders will we able to build 5 (Possibly more) Towers. 1 barricade, and 4 "tower heroes." Each tower hero will NOT BE ABLE TO ATTACK/MOVE, instead they have their own unique skills which you must utilize to kill creeps. Each tower will be able to blink to the wanted destination, obviously being limited to their own lanes. The tower heroes will be able to level up. They will not have any collision(pending), so you must create smart mazes according to the type of skills that the heroes have.​

- AoS Gameplay:
The AoS part of the map will start instantly as well as the TD portion. The players will have a choice of (10 < Number > 5) heroes. The AoS terrain will only have 2 lanes, with towers for each team guard it. At each end, there will be a main which must be killed. When the main is killed, the AoS will completely restart. Common things such as hero revive and recipes will all be included in this mini AoS.​

- How They Mix:
Each team will have 1,5,10 (hosts decision) lives. The creeps that pass the TD portion will leak to the AoS portion, where they will solely target the main of the team the leaker was on. Every time the main dies, the team will lose a life. Experience among your TD heroes and AoS heroes will not be shared. You will have the same type of income from both the AoS and TD kills.​

- The Challenge:
So, why does this map need multitasking? There are two main reasons. One, no towers will attack by themselves (although there may be a few channeling and passive spells), so you must constantly spam spells to kill creeps. Two, the AoS will be your primary gold source. TD creeps will take a while to kill, so you will need a constant income to aid you. Once you leak the TD creeps, their bounty will go away. So, to summarize all this, TD creeps = Big money, long time to kill / AoS creeps = Small money, constant income. Hero kills will obviously reward with gold. Death in the AoS will cost you gold. You must be able to keep a good balance of spending gold on both TD and AoS supports.​

IV. Credits (As of Right Now):
  • Cohadar
    1. ABC
    2. ABCT
    3. TT
    4. PUI
    5. Recycler
    6. Dialogs System

• Vexorian
    1. NewGen Editor
    2. SimError

//Terrain @========= 5%
//Heroes  ========== 0%
//Items   ========== 0%   
//Systems @@@@@@@@== 75%
//Units   ========== 0%

Things to come on the next update:
  1. More in depth Game Info
Sounds like a cool idea!!

IMO, though, spoilers have so litte under them it would look better w/o them.

Joker(Div)

Always Here..
Reaction score
What kind of systems will this map use?
Well, I listed like half of them. (Under Cohadar in credits)

IMO, though, spoilers have so litte under them it would look better w/o them.
The spoliers are going to gradually grow as I make progress on the map, so I might as well be prepared. :)

Why did you quote my post anyway?.. o.0

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
My Former Clan was called AtoD...
It was DotA backwards :D
Anyways, this seems pretty interesting, I'll drop by, here and then sometime :p

Joker(Div)

Always Here..
Reaction score
AOTD seems to be too popular of a name. I may consider changing it. Anyway, my progress has decreased on the map. :( One of my systems was bugging terribly, and I just had to pull it out.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.