Best Game Idea I've Ever Had

pladams9

Seth's Good-Twin
Reaction score
So here it is, extracted and refined from a dream I had last night:

King's Quest, Maniac Mansion, and F.E.A.R. all rolled into one. Oh yeah.

Basically, I've thought for a long time that we need the King's Quest-type adventure game back. The thouht always brought my back to this: stupid kid's these days are far less likely to buy something in 2D. I thought of various ways to third-dimensionalize a Sierra-style game, and realized it had already been done (i.e. the Myst games, etc.). However, I don't like the click and teleport style of 3D games. It's just yucky and confusing. So why not have the non-violent intellectuality of adventure games in an awesome F.E.A.R. environment? The realism, the atmosphere, and you can still have an adventure toolbar with hand, eye, etc. Through in a creepy mansion that defies certain rules of physical space and multiple playable characters (ala MM) and you have an awesome something or other bringing you back to the good ol' days where games were hard because you had to be quick of mind and not index finger.

Am I awesome or what? And yes, this was inspired by a dream (the kind where you can't wait to wake up and try it out, only to realize it doesn't exist).

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I was inspired by a dream too :)
It was about 2 years ago and my sister and i had a similar dream about making a game. I won't post the idea in case somebody "steals" it because we might actually try and make it :p

M

Moontraveler

I also had a great game idea made up. It was inspired by these things: Soldat, Diablo, Fate/Stay Night, Future Tatics, Naruto Death Note, Shadow Hearts, Eternal Darkness, Odin, Final Fantasy, Xenosaga, Valkire Profile 2, Dune, Starcraft, War of the Worlds, frustration of lightning based spells called thunder, Kingdom Hearts, Silent Hill, Disgaea Hour of Darkness, and Shadow of the Colossus.

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.