Blizzard Makes Future Plans for World of Warcraft

Lord_Phoenix

Dogs are fuzzy
Reaction score
In an interview with GamesIndustry.biz, Blizzard's Chief Operating Officer, Paul Sams, addressed several rumors and offered other intriguing insights of the company's future plans for its gaming juggernaut, World of Warcraft. The popular MMORPG has over 6.5 million paying subscribers, and is "just shy of seven million," Sams said.

On the matter of moving World of Warcraft from its roots on the PC to other game consoles, Sams said: "We've met with Microsoft, we've met with Sony, and we are exploring these things, but the list of challenges is long. One really big challenge is that one of the key features of a massively multiplayer game, especially WoW, is consistent and regular content updates. They require hard drive space, and there's a finite amount of that on each of those platforms."

Read more here.

*note* should be moved to news section?

Siefer

Reaction score
Expansion every 12 months? I hope their cheap. I have other stuff to spend my money on besides WoW, including console games.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It will probably cost $50, as expansions of other games. Not the full-price, but close :p

WastedSavior

A day without sunshine is like, well, night.
Reaction score
i choose food :eek:
food is more important then wow x.x
but jesus.. they are gonna make alot of money from this

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I just compared the servers from other games recently... And WoW's servers are insanely good, especially considering they got so many and with 6.5 million of customers. Even if they do get incredible profit, don't forget the fact that it costs alot of money. They also have a huge amount of game developpers to pay, and support for Diablo2, Warcraft3, Starcraft and the battle.net 4 servers.

I'm not a financial expert though so I can't tell if the above really cost high, except the WoW servers :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.