Bomber command from Blizzard

JHouse3532

Reaction score
Hey i was just looking at the pre-made games blizzard had created when making the game and bomber command showed up and i was very surprised at the detail and level of difficulty this one must have taken. The first thing that caught my attention was the ability to press a button that sent a unit over somewhere in which it dropped a bomb but then the unit left and u didn't keep it. I was very curious of how this was done so i looked it up in the world editor and notice these very long folders of functions, and being kinda new i didn't know what these were or how to read them.

If anyone could explain or forward me to a tutorial on functions it'd be of great help.

Or if you could explain to me the "bombing process" i have up top that'd be of great help.

Extremedesyr

Reaction score
I believe u could either share vision with that unit or create a visibility modifier but Im not sure if visibility modifiers can move with the bomber, ill take a look in it

bOb666777

Stand against the ugly world domination face!
Reaction score
I don't think it's an ability. It's either just a plain attack-ground or a dummy projectile.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Click for some Jass tutorials, and very useful links.

Obviously, I recommend my tutorial. :p

> it wasnt jass i looked at the game nd they were useing GUI
Well, you can't make functions in GUI. So there's obviously something wrong with this statement.

JHouse3532

Reaction score
k thanks ill look at all of this...

Wait never mind the functions are based under jass ma b komagtion

bOb666777

Stand against the ugly world domination face!
Reaction score
> it wasnt jass i looked at the game nd they were useing GUI
Well, you can't make functions in GUI. So there's obviously something wrong with this statement.

He means custom script actions. I looked at the map. There's a bunch of functions declared in the header and then the maker used GUI custom scripts to call them.

JHouse3532

Reaction score
Oh well im just going to put this aside because i dont feel like im that good or even close enough to program that but thankyou all for all the help

Extremedesyr

Reaction score
could any1 name the actual trigger that made the bomb drop without making the plane stop? that's all I care about

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.