Bristleback

Soulshadow

Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out how to code Bristleback's ultimate in GUI... I don't understand how it's possible to stack a buff without using every spell in the arsenal. Anyone have any ideas?

Doh! Sorry. -_- I play too much DotA.

Basically, it's a stacking AS/MS buff that is gained everytime the user casts a spell.

Dirac

Reaction score
This ability uses a very complex system, since the longevity of the "buff" resets every time the hero casts a spell, the basic way of doing this is adding the "unholy aura" ability to the hero and increase its level every time an ability is cast.

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
hmm. Checked the ability in the dota-allstars website. Dirac is right. It is pretty complex. For those who don't know what it is:

Everytime Rigwarl(Bristleback) casts a spell, he works himself into a fury. Movement and Attack speeds increase on repeated spell casts. Lasts 10 seconds. Stacks up to 4 times.

The buff is attack speed and movement speed.
Adding and leveling unholy aura should work quite well. You would also need a counter(integer variable) to limit the stacking to 4.

Soulshadow

Reaction score
Well I tried using a dummy unit with an expiration timer and a varied version of endurance aura that was set to the level of the ability but that's not working because then I get an ugly endurance aura buff.. going to just edit the skill to something I can do lol.

black.sheep

Reaction score
Does the spell give you a buff or not?
If not, just use bloodlust & GetUnitAbilityLevel(BUFFID,UNIT) and work it out from there.

Soulshadow

Reaction score
Trying to think of a way to reset the aura and keep the ability MUI!

So far, I have two spells:

The first is Adrenaline Rush, this is the dummy aura used so I can use 'has buff' as a condition.
The second is Adrenaline Counter, this is an aura with 17 levels. The first level grants no bonuses, and each successive level grants more speed. Every time the unit casts a spell, the level of Adrenaline Counter is increased.
Using a timer I have it functioning perfectly, unfortunately the spell is not MUI and I'm not sure how I'd be able to do so.

kingkingyyk3

Visitor (Welcome to the Jungle, Baby!)
Reaction score
Go to find out emjlr3's dota heroes for more info! (In member project section.)

Joccaren

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it could be done with just bloodlust.

Trigger:
  • Event: Unit casts ability
    • Conditions: Unit has (Warpath)
    • Actions:
      • If Then Else:
        • If: (WarpathInteger) equal to or greater then 4
        • Then:
        • Else: Set (WarpathInteger) to (WarpathInteger) + 1
      • Create 1 (dummy unit) for owner of (triggering unit)
      • Add (Bloodlust) to last created unit
      • Add a 2 second (generic) expiration timer to (last created unit)
      • Set level of (bloodlust) for (last created unit) to (WarpathInteger)
      • Order (Last created) unit to (Orc-Shaman-Bloodlust) triggering unit

Not MUI but that can be easily fixed. (I think)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.