System BuffStruct

AoW_Hun7312

I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
Reaction score
What result are you expecting? What is not happening what should, or you wish to have happen?

Did any of the examples help? ;)

The ability applies the buff, so isn't the onCreate method supposed to run? I just have a BJDebugMsg call there, and it isn't being displayed.

AoW_Hun7312

Reaction score
JASS:
//! runtextmacro BuffType("Dummy")
    //! runtextmacro SetBuffName("DummyBuff")
    //! runtextmacro SetBuffAlignment("NEGATIVE")
    //! runtextmacro SetBuffTooltip(" ")
    //! runtextmacro SetBuffIcon("None")
//! runtextmacro BuffStruct()

method onCreate takes nothing returns nothing
        call BJDebugMsg("Created!")
    endmethod
    method onDamageRecieved takes nothing returns nothing
        call BJDebugMsg("Damaged!")
    endmethod
    method preDestroy takes nothing returns nothing
        call BJDebugMsg("Destroyed!")
    endmethod
//! runtextmacro EndBuff()

None of the messages display.

Jesus4Lyf

Good Idea™
Reaction score
Should be "onDamageReceived", but aside from that, I can take your buff and put it straight into the demo map and add it in the way the demo map add its buff, and it works 100%.

Let me know if implementing it in the demo map works for you. Remember that all buffs must be located between the BuffStruct head and footer, as per the documentation. :)

AoW_Hun7312

Reaction score
Should be "onDamageReceived", but aside from that, I can take your buff and put it straight into the demo map and add it in the way the demo map add its buff, and it works 100%.

Let me know if implementing it in the demo map works for you. Remember that all buffs must be located between the BuffStruct head and footer, as per the documentation. :)

Apparently abilities that use the buffs don't "count" for this system. When I used the demo map and modified the Light Headed buff to display text, it worked. When I added the buff to Storm Bolt and casted it, it didn't work.

muzk

Reaction score
Is posible something like this:
JASS:

scope Something
globals
//blabla
endglobals
//! runtextmacro BuffType("something")
//.................
//.........................
endscope

muzk

Reaction score
Because every usage I see is like...

JASS:
//! runtextmacro BuffType("tossBuff")
//.................
//.........................
scope tossAbil
//onEffect tossBuff.create(blabla)
endscope

:D

Btw, thx j4l for your resources, they all are great ones :thup:

muzk

Reaction score
I have a small problem, sometimes my buffs shows an other buff Icon. I trought it happens cuz I created a lot of buff via this system and there are some that I dont use anymore or I deleted from the object data.

For example, I have two buffs : A and B. So, sometimes when I cast X spell that applies (via trigger) A, it shows B icon, but it do A actions.

Jesus4Lyf

Good Idea™
Reaction score
Odd. I imagine like with any object data issues and this system, it will magically solve itself sooner or later... Usually once people save, restart the editor and save again or something it fixes up..

Either way, the system recreates all the abilities every time you save it. So deleting a buff should be fine, once it works itself out. :thup:

Let me know if problems persist...

Laiev

Hey Listen!!
Reaction score
What happen if I use BuffStruct + Status, I mean... Silence already got a buff, if I add status inside the buffstruct the target will get 2 buffs?

like:

JASS:
//! runtextmacro BuffType("Return")
    //! runtextmacro SetBuffName("Return")
    //! runtextmacro SetBuffAlignment("NEUTRAL")
    //! runtextmacro SetBuffTooltip("This unit is being Returned; it will return to its previous location soon.")
    //! runtextmacro SetBuffIcon("ReplaceableTextures\\CommandButtons\\BTNDaggerOfEscape.blp")

method onApply takes nothing returns nothing
        call Status[.unit].addSilence()
    endmethod
        call Status[.unit].removeSilence()
    endmethod

Laiev

Hey Listen!!
Reaction score
BuffStruct allow dynamic values?

JASS:
library A
globals
    private integer Dynamic = 0
endglobals

//! runtextmacro SetBuffTooltip("This unit is being Returned; it will return to its previous location soon.")
    //! runtextmacro SetBuffIcon("ReplaceableTextures\\CommandButtons\\BTNDaggerOfEscape.blp")
    integer i

method onCreate takes nothing returns nothing
        set .i = Dynamic
    endmethod
    method onApply takes nothing returns nothing
        call Status[.unit].modStrBonus(.i)
    endmethod
        call Status[.unit].modStrBonus(-.i)
    endmethod

function B takes unit u, integer h returns nothing
    set Dynamic = h
    call Return.setUnit(u).destroyTimed(20)
endfunction

endlibrary

muzk

Reaction score
Yes, also you can do something like this if you dont beleive
JASS:
    private integer i
    method operator str= takes value returns nothing
          set this.i = value
          call Status[.unit].modStrBonus(value)
    endmethod
        call Status[.unit].modStrBonus(-.i)
    endmethod

local Return k = Return.setUnit(u)
    set k.str = h
    call k.destroyTimed(20)
endfunction

Also, I'm not sure if something like this works
JASS:

//.......
   method str takes value returns thistype
          set this.i = value
          call Status[.unit].modStrBonus(value)
          return this
    endmethod
    //......
    call Return.setUnit(u).str(h).destroyTimed(20)
endfunction

13lade619

is now a game developer :)
Reaction score
I want to modify this to check if the buff was destroyed before before calling the callback on timedDestroy..
so that I wont do a double removal.

JASS:
        private static method timedDestroyCallback takes nothing returns nothing
            static if LIBRARY_TimerUtils then
                local timer t=GetExpiredTimer()
                call thistype(GetTimerData(t)).destroy()
                call ReleaseTimer(t)
            endif
        endmethod

Any ideas?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Varine Varine:
    I ordered like five blocks for 15 dollars. They're just little aluminum blocks with holes drilled into them
  • Varine Varine:
    They are pretty much disposable. I have shitty nozzles though, and I don't think these were designed for how hot I've run them
  • Varine Varine:
    I tried to extract it but the thing is pretty stuck. Idk what else I can use this for
  • Varine Varine:
    I'll throw it into my scrap stuff box, I'm sure can be used for something
  • Varine Varine:
    I have spare parts for like, everything BUT that block lol. Oh well, I'll print this shit next week I guess. Hopefully it fits
  • Varine Varine:
    I see that, despite your insistence to the contrary, we are becoming a recipe website
  • Varine Varine:
    Which is unique I guess.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Actually I was just playing with having some kind of mention of the food forum and recipes on the main page to test and see if it would engage some of those people to post something. It is just weird to get so much traffic and no engagement
  • The Helper The Helper:
    So what it really is me trying to implement some kind of better site navigation not change the whole theme of the site
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.