Building Height Problem

Ulver

Reaction score
Hello,

My problem is that when I set "Movement - Height" to 300 for a Building it doesn't elevate at all.
The funny thing is that in the WorldEditor the building seems as I want it to, but in WC3 it isn't.
I have tried different sets for Movement and Art variables, but I got nothing.
Help me please and check the attached map in both WE and WC3 looking at the Altar of Kings building, or just check the attached images instead.

PS. I tried to search for an answer in the forums as well as in the net, so I'm sorry if it's mentioned anywhere here and didn't come upon it.

Attachments

• j.w3x
    16.1 KB · Views: 182
  • Untitled1.jpg
    Untitled1.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 342
  • Untitled2.jpg
    Untitled2.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 335

naughty

Reaction score
I'm not sure at all but i think that the unit must have the Crow Ability if you want it to fly. So just add that ability and remove it in game if you don't want the unit to have it all the time or you can just let it have it. Try that and tell me if it works i can't test it right now

Ulver

Reaction score
well, i dont need the unit to fly because I dont want the other units walk under it. I tried to set hover/fly etc but nothing worked. Thanx anyway.
Any other ideas?

naughty

Reaction score
You are confused there buddy. Unit will not fly until you set its movement to "Fly". Then it will also have unobstructed vision. If the unit has movement speed "Foot", then it will not fly. You cannot change flying height to ground unit. Thats why you have to add crow form ability to the unit so you can change its flying height. But the unit will not fly. You cannot pass under it.

Ulver

Reaction score
I tried everything suggested (and similar suggestions too) but nothing worked.
I can't increase/decrease a building's height in WC3 (in WE it looks fine)
The only thing I can do to make it work is to Uncheck the variable "Is Building" :S
But that's no solution.
Anyway thanx for help

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.