Call of Duty 4 Lags

Crusher

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Well I think my computer is good....

I have:
2gb Ram
512 G force Graphic Card

Umm and the problem is ,I can play normal game,but if i look at the middle of the screen,it lags like hell and if i look at top or down,it is very good....I try to set all to low,but no success.Any help please?

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
What resolution are you running it? Because I use the highest resolution (1920x1080) on CoD4 and sometimes it slows down for me on big matches (30+ players) other than that it looks really smooth and I can play on high settings.

I have

3GB ram
Nvidia GeForce 8500 GT
Running on Windows Vista Home Edition

Try lowering it to something like 640x480 or w/e it lets go to. If that doesn't work maybe it's your graphic card.

Crusher

Reaction score
I tryed almost all options...well I always set 640 or 800....

Damn it,I buy the graphic card for about 1 week,well this is the 1st game that lags on my pc :(

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I tryed almost all options...well I always set 640 or 800....

Damn it,I buy the graphic card for about 1 week,well this is the 1st game that lags on my pc :(

Yea, new games with great quality need a decent graphic card to play, I had the same problem when my Nvidia nForce 4 didn't play Counter-Strike Source well... :rolleyes:

NoxMortus

All Along the Watchtower
Reaction score
Yea, new games with great quality need a decent graphic card to play, I had the same problem when my Nvidia nForce 4 didn't play Counter-Strike Source well... :rolleyes:

I have a 6600 and run CoD4 multiplayer between 50-100 fps :thup:

Crusher

Reaction score
Oh yes And may I ask what should I turn on and off so that my Cod4 doesn't lag?(In game you go under options,and then graphics and texture settings)..

Second Option:

Perhaps the Reason of my Lag in Cod4 Is that I Use Daemon tools on my Pc so I Can run Cod4 (Well my Cd and Dvd Drive Are on repair so I use Daemon As virtual Cd and Dvd drive....I have original Cod4...)

Crusher

Reaction score
My graphic card is Gforce 6200... and you mean CPU usage? or?
My processor is Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual Cpu E2140 @ 1.60 GHZ (2 CPUS), - 1.6 GHZ

Reaction score
well thats it. a 6200 really is not great enough. Your specs dont meet the minimum requirements to play the game.

CoD4 requires a more high end card to play decent with graphics up. With full graphics and everything on with my 8800GT 512mb i get about 100+ fps 90% during a mission or online. If your CPU isnt that great either i suggest upgrading it. I have a Core 2 Duo E6750 @ 3.2Ghz. with 2 gb of 800 speed ram.

Crusher

Reaction score
Well that is very lol now...I buyed this Pc before 3 weeks and now I need to upgrade it to play a normal game like Cod4?No way... :p

Well if I look in the air,it is very great,also if I look on the ground graphics are great...but when I watch the middle it is starting to be lag...

I had an Game Called Oblivion...Same as this,started to lag when middle looking...but I downloaded some program which can Reduce Requirements for Oblivion..and It worked great...but graphics were poor (well at least I could play normal...)

Maybe there is some program which allows you to reduce requirements of some game?

Reaction score
Thats because there are no graphics in the air lol. Its just a sky image, and when you look down all you see is ground texture. When you look in the middle, your computer has to proccess the buildings, players, guns, trees, extra textures, things moving, all sorts of models. The minimum video card you need is a 6600. and your CPU is lacking also.

Recommended requirements:
CPU: 2.4 GHz Dual Core or better
RAM: 1GB for XP and 2GB for Vista
HD: 8GB Free Space
GFX: 3.0 Shader Support, Nvidia Geforce 7800, ATI Radeon X1800 or better.

Minimum requirements:
CPU: Intel® Pentium® 4 2.4 GHz, AMD® Athlon™ 64 2800+ processor
or any 1.8Ghz Dual Core Processor or better.
RAM: 512MB RAM (768MB for Windows Vista)
HD: 8GB Free SPace
GFX: NVIDIA® Geforce™ 6600, ATI® Radeon® 9800Pro or better

EDIT:Also, Oblivion has tons of mods. I suppose the mod you downloaded set the config settings to graphics lower then you can set in the menu.

Crusher

Reaction score
Thats because there are no graphics in the air lol. Its just a sky image, and when you look down all you see is ground texture. When you look in the middle, your computer has to proccess the buildings, players, guns, trees, extra textures, things moving, all sorts of models. The minimum video card you need is a 6600. and your CPU is lacking also.

EDIT:Also, Oblivion has tons of mods. I suppose the mod you downloaded set the config settings to graphics lower then you can set in the menu.

Well True...but This means I need to buy Better Graphic Card...or Shall I pay In Game Room with my friends to play Cod4.. :eek:

Crusher

Reaction score
In my Country,A good graphic Card Costs about 190$ not 75 :/
...Too bad I don't use credit cards..

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
I had this problem with my 8600M GT. Once I downloaded the most recent drivers, it stopped lagging. Try it out.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.