Caster System of Vexorian

MaaxeEvid

Reaction score
Someone can explain to me, whats the diference between, Vexorian's Caster System and KaTTana's Handle Vars System.

Maybe someone teach me how to use the caster system?

substance

Reaction score
two completely different systems really.

handle vars is used to carry over handles from one function to another.

The caster system is big system that allows you to do alot of 'spell making' things alot easer. ie. creating projectiles, damaging units in a line, etc.

The caster system has it's own method of moving handles from one function to another as well (i think.. I dont use it).

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
Huge, really.
Actually Caster System itself has a completely different purpose.
Kattana's Handle Vars is a system used to "attach" a value to a local handle variable. That's all it does and the method it uses is now obsolete and also not very safe...
The Caster system is a large collection of functions divided into 3 parts - CSCache, CSSafety and the Caster System itself.
CSCache functions are just many (better) ways to do the same thing Kattana's Local Handle Vars do.
CSSafety only contains two functions or so and is used as an extension to CSCache. It's purpose is to avoid the need of nulling timers (which can bug things up) by litteraly recycling them - quite simply all you need to do is use it's two functions (forgot the names) instead of CreateTimer and DestroyTimer.
Caster System's functions are used to enhance spellmaking - they allow you to, for example, do a simple function call and use it to cast a specified spell on a specified unit (it uses dummy units and all...)

Well yeah, CSCache's functions are better to use than Kattana's, but most of them are now obsolete as well...the best thing method is using JassHelper's structs, but that's a completely different story...

Now as for teaching...just read those comments. I found them very informative and helpful. And if there's something specific you're curious about - just ask.

Rheias

New Helper (I got over 2000 posts)
Reaction score
> but why you said it are not safe?

Firstly it is slow (H2I is a very slow function) and secondly it can cause some huge leaks if you forget to replace the gamecache with a global one properly.

1337D00D

And now,

Caster System requires vJass preprocessor (Latest version does)

Handle Variables don't

MaaxeEvid

Reaction score
well someone can post please the caster system for I download, the wc3campaings are offline... :(

Please, and explain me if i need to change something for it work plesae +REP for who do this

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
JASS new gen pack please get this first ill post the map later on, you need this to open caster system, because this isnt my real computer, and my real computer has them all

so, just wait for me, or let somebody get the map for you

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
heres caster system....use jass new gen pack to open caster system and follow the readme

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
> why you said it are not safe?
According to what I heard any I2H variation can cause problems by corrupting the handle stack. Yeah, that is bad, at the point where that happened everything you have attached would be lost and you most likely attaching will stop working correctly.
But no, I never experienced this myself...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.