Chain Shot Spell Help!

Julian4life

Reaction score
Hey everyone, im making a custom skill for my Hero.

First off, heres what i can tell you about it:

Chain Shot

Okay, well, this skill is fairly simple. The Hero uses the spell (an ultimate) and targets a single unit. The Hero attacks it (with the fire lord projectile) and when it hits the target unit, instantly, up to 8 other missles spring out of the the attacked unit and target up to 8 other units within 400 range. Then, from each of the (depending how many were in the 400 range) 8 units hit, 3 missiles spring out of them. Once again, the targeted units after this attack (up to 33 units by now... 1 + 8 + 24) will also shoot out up to 2 more missiles at anything within 400 range around it. Totalling up to 81 units now. (1 +8 + 24 + 48).

Some extra notes:
-Coded in GUI
-Want to make it MUI
-It's a level 6 skill, so it only has one level.
-Each targeted unit will ONLY be hit once by the skill. (if it doesnt kill unit, it cant bounce back)
-The initial damage dealt from the attack is 50, then doubles, then doubles again, and doubles one last time. (50 - 100 - 200 - 400)
-If there are only 6 units within 400 range of the target, attack all six, then each of those six will send out 3... and so on.
-40 second cooldown.
-100 mana

If theres anything else you need to know please tell me! :D

Im just wondering what i should base the spell off of and how to trigger this. It's like a multishot, except it comes from the enemy units, basically.

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
Hmm.
For the "can only be hit once" I think you:
Give hit units a "flag", and if they have this flag when you're checking for units in 400 range, skip the unit.

EDIT: I'm thinking of a chain lightning sort of skill, but I really wouldn't know how to do this off hand.

jhnam95

Reaction score
You'd have to make like 4 different spells, all basing off of storm bolt w/ different damage values and 0.01 stun. Just check if a unit is hit by the primary ability, then create a group and order a dummy to use the secondary spell on the nearby units. Keep doing that.

Julian4life

Reaction score
<@wolfie
Hmm. I thought about that, except, if the spell is used again later, and the unit with the flag isnt dead, how would i let the unit still be attacked?

and another problem, since im trying to make the spell MUI, if another unit casts it, in the same area, i do want it to hit the units the last spell hit. i dont know if its possible, but, if not, i guess its okay to just skip that problem.

thanks for your assistance tho :D

<@jhnam95
Well, i guess storm bolt would be a good idea, but how could i make it MUI?

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
Well, you remove the flag when the spell is over ;) .
The flag just tells that spell not to let the unit be hit again;
It can still be attacked/casted upon from other units/spells :) .

EDIT: I'm working on stuff right now, but I can try later to make the spell.

If you have an instant messenger add me:
[noparse][email protected][/noparse]

Julian4life

Reaction score
haha! that was fairly obviuos wasn't that :p

Thanks.

(i have a IM but i have gmail...)

EDIT: So, i a splitting chain lightning? wouldn't it be the same as storm bolt since you can have the chain lightning only target one. (otherwise it'd be randomly timed.)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.