Champions of Hermetic

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
Champions of Hermetic
by Ninva

Objective:

Beginning with one hero, you must train your hero and fight against your opponents. Your opponents may be computer players or users. Every user will be a hero. Every computer play will command a stronghold with workers and armies. You may either team up with a computer play and fight against other computer plays and users, or you may just simply go up against other users or team up with users to do PvE. The objective is purposely open-ended.

Gameplay:
  • You begin with one hero.
  • You may either be on a team with a computer player or go solo.
  • Computer players all control a stronghold with workers and armies.
  • Defeat the enemy computer players.
  • The game is open-ended.
  • There is no victory or defeat trigger.

Features:
  • Save/Load code
  • Zombies!!!
  • Play only as a hero.
  • Play with or without computer players.
  • All computer players own strongholds with units.
  • Play against your friends in either a PvP or PvE style game.
  • Rare and common items can be found all across the map.
  • Eight hero classes.

Pick up the map here:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/champions-hermetic-beta-v1-00-a-191938/

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
After I chose my hero, I couldn't do anything. The hero wouldn't move, and his UI was disabled....?

tommerbob

Reaction score
Okay I tried out the archer. Here's my thoughts.

1. I died in 3 hits to the first neutral I came across. lol.

2. All 5 of his skills are orb effects? <---- that doesn't work.

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
Okay I tried out the archer. Here's my thoughts.

1. I died in 3 hits to the first neutral I came across. lol.

2. All 5 of his skills are orb effects? <---- that doesn't work.

Different races have different stats. Human is the most easy to use since it's so well-rounded. But the Night Elves would give your archer a better agility.

Yes, they are all "orb" effects. They aren't meant to be used at once.

Did you just quit when you died or shortly after? If so, that review doesn't help me. :(

duderock101

Check out my 2 Player Co-op RPG!
Reaction score
If he died early, perhaps thats a review to make it a tiny bit easier at the start ^^

tommerbob

Reaction score
Different races have different stats. Human is the most easy to use since it's so well-rounded. But the Night Elves would give your archer a better agility.

Yes, they are all "orb" effects. They aren't meant to be used at once.

Did you just quit when you died or shortly after? If so, that review doesn't help me. :(

I will give it a go again tonight.

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
If he died early, perhaps thats a review to make it a tiny bit easier at the start ^^

I don't believe it's too hard. He could easily team up with a computer player to help level up until he's a high enough level to fighter monsters by himself.

tommerbob

Reaction score
Okay I gave it another try. I only played for about 10-15 minutes though. I played as a Human Magi (I think that's the name?)

Items
- More custom items. Everything I picked up were standard Wc3 items.

Creeps
- They spawned in really random places. That's fine, but there weren't very many.
- Overall, I think they are a bit too powerful (at least at the start). A level 3 creep killed me in 4 or 5 hits.
- I suggest creep camps, or at least more creeps. I ended up wandering around doing nothing most of the time.

Abilities
- I didn't notice any custom abilities? It looked liked you just took standard abilities and mix-matched them with different heroes.
- One thing I suggest is to make mana regeneration fairly fast. Too often many maps will have heroes that have very slow mana regeneration, so sometimes I can't really do anything but sit there waiting for it to regenerate. That is very frustrating, and a big turn-off.

Players
- How do I team up with computer players?

That's all I have so far. Like I said, I only played for ~15 minutes, so that might not be very helpful.

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
Very helpful and honest critique. Thank you! :)

The game works exactly like a melee game, so you can simply align your team number to a computer player's. This can spice up how you play the game if you care.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.