Changing a Hero's name in-game, is it possible?

seansucks

Reaction score
i'm pretty sure it is, but i'm not really sure how to go about doing it.
anyone offer some help?

i want it to be in a command. so it would be -name [then name] and make entered text a substring. but then what would i do?

i wouldn't know what the event would be considering there's no option for changing a heroes name. only a player's.

Sui-cookie

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
well, i couldnt find anything directly about changing a heros name...but you could make another hero with the name and set the specs of the hero the same w/ a few triggers :/

btw...there may be a quicker way with true coding but im bound to gui and its amazingness :3 so if anything ask someone adept in jass vjass or c++ or something :]
personally, i would go to triggerhappy or aceheart, or someone renown for badassness in that kind of thing.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
> c++ or something :]
C++ wouldn't help.

> i would go to triggerhappy
Someone with 100% of his resources graveyarded must be a good coder, right? ;)
You'd change your mind instantly if you could read Jass.

Anyway, as stated before, it's not possible.
Unless you want to create a hero for every character combination out there. Which is very, very unrealistic. #4 seemed to confuse everyone.

seansucks

Reaction score
yeah, romek, that's too far. and sui it would be up to the user to name their character so it's not like i can create a model for that. looks like people will have to put up with "Hero" for their characters name and their class as "Hero" as well. hahaha

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm sure you can think of better names than just 'Hero'. Even a collection of "Bob", "Jimmy", "Bobby", "Jimbob", "Bobjim", "Jimbobby" and "Bobjimmy" is better than plain old "Hero" :p.

seansucks

Reaction score
I'm sure you can think of better names than just 'Hero'. Even a collection of "Bob", "Jimmy", "Bobby", "Jimbob", "Bobjim", "Jimbobby" and "Bobjimmy" is better than plain old "Hero" :p.

i would romek, but i'm not creative enough for names! besides, i think people would be unhappy with their names or something. and then they'd be stuck with it.

i need creative minds for my map. it's too much to do on my own.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.