Changing Destructible Height Problem

FroznYoghurt

Reaction score
Uhm... well ah well eat yoghurt!

Im working on a spell called Hurricane, the idea is to create a storm that sucks in enemy units and stuff... well no problem with that.
My problem lies in the artistic; after reading 2-P's terrain tutorial i figured it would be neat to create a giant upside down tornado wich would look pretty much like a storm.
So far so good, but the problem is that the tornado is underground! :banghead:
So it would be simple to just change the height of it right? Appeared not to be...

I tried to turn a unit upside down but that didnt work, and doodads cant be affected by triggers. The worst case scenario is to use Ctrl+Page Up to elevate the destructible then hide it somewhere, and then move it to the location of the spell being cast when needed, but i cant find a trigger to move a Destructible either.

So if anyone got any clue about either changing a destructible's height or how to use a trigger to move a Destructible it would be great if you told me.

Mittsies

Reaction score
instead of making it a destructable -- make it a unit instead for starters. They're much easier to work with. Then make it a flying unit and change its height.

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
> I tried to turn a unit upside down but that didnt work

Art - Max roll angle: -180
Use shift + double-click.
The unit needs to be flying though, with a height above ground otherwise the "head" will be in the ground.

FroznYoghurt

Reaction score
Great!

So it is possible to turn a unit upside down after all?
Well thats great, thx a lot.

Btw, just discovered how to give rep so here you go :D *giving + rep*

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.