Changing Missile Spell Effects etc.

OogaBooga

Reaction score
I'm creating a map that uses a number of long range attacks and I'm having trouble editing the art and effects for them. For example, I'm using the cluster rockets spell to create a single rocket attack, which is working great except...

I don't seem to be able to alter the explosion when the missile hits without changing the missile's model. I've tried using the Art - Area of Affect, Art - Target, and Art - Special fields to add other effects, but nothing shows up when I test the ability in a game.

Triggers are also problematic because I haven't been able to figure out a way to create the desired effect when the missile impacts, so an explosion will show up while the missile is still in flight, or too late afterward.

Anyone have suggestions. How do you make those art - xxx fields function?

PrisonLove

Hard Realist
Reaction score
Wait the distance between caster and target/missile speed and then create the effect you want

OogaBooga

Reaction score
Ok that sort of works, but it still comes late, even if I tell the trigger that the missile is moving faster than it really is (thus reducing the number of seconds that it will wait). Perhaps this is only due to the missile moving quickly: speed = 1000 (something I want to maintain because it looks significantly more realistic).

Additionally, the trigger is tempermental. Sometimes it spawns the effect at the impact point, but sometimes it spawns it at the center of the map....WTF?

Recent Development: My roommate and I have discovered that the effect will only spawn at the correct location (the impact point) if and ONLY if both the Marine and the rocket are fully on screen. If not, it'll only spawn the effect in the center of the map. WTF?!

Sensang

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
If not, it'll only spawn the effect in the center of the map. WTF?!
ok thats lol and im not having that problem...

thats lol ... you have to add the "Combat - Attack 1 - Animation Damage Point" of the unit to that value (time until the missile leaves the unit)

I think we might have the same problem since i want to know how to change the impact art of a missile without modeling...

1. I tried the wait trigger by myself and it works with 1 unit and then only if the missile is homing because otherwise the explosion will be at the position of the enemy unit while the missile itself missed the target. Of course you could set a variable for the position of the enemy unit when your unit attacks but that leads to the next problem... It doesnt work when there are more units firing! (if there's just one unit firing per unit-type you trigger try my idea ;) )
I'm creating a map in which will be canons and grenadiers that should have another impact special effect (something cooler and bigger ;) )
But I haven't figured out any way yet to change that stupid thing ... of course i can't do jass or modelling :(

Edit: I've just noticed the age of the other posts... but please any help would be appreciated. TIA!

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.