Weird Could you give Drew a few bucks?

Rheias

New Helper (I got over 2000 posts)
Reaction score
Drew Peterson says a Web site established to raise money for his legal defense will be a test of the American people's generosity.

"I'm not asking them to decide guilt or innocence," Peterson said Tuesday of defend drew.com. "Everyone has the right for a legal defense."

Peterson, an ex-Bolingbrook cop, said his attorney Joel Brodsky set up the Web site, which accepts donations via PayPal.

The site says "for the cost of a few cups of your morning coffee," donors can help pay his legal bills. Any remaining money will be used for a private investigator to help find Peterson's missing wife, Stacy Peterson, then into a trust fund for Peterson's four dependent children. Brodsky said money from defend drew.com will go to an account Peterson won't control.

Last edited by a moderator:

LurkerAspect

Now officially a Super Lurker
Reaction score
Uhh... at the risk of sounding like a mean, old, stingy b****, it wouldn't matter if he stood up in the middle of a crowd and sang an opera of his problems, people don't care.

We have our own problems, our own money to waste. It's nature's first law, kill or be killed. If you can't fend for yourself, then you lose. People suffer so you can prosper, that's the cycle of life, look at any ecosystem and it's true.

Whether you help or not, it's usually anonymous, you won't be special.

This guy's probably not going to get a lot of reception, if any.

The only people who care are the ones who are big enough to be seen by these acts of charity, say coca-cola. They would gain public reputation and be seen as good, nice people that they'd want to buy from.

pladams9

Seth's Good-Twin
Reaction score
Well, actually it would be a gamble for anyone wanting to donate for publicity. There's always the chance he'll be convicted guilty and that's bad publicity for a supposedly neutral third party such as a soda manufacturer. Now, it wouldn't matter as much for some edgy and contraversial. I can't think of an example because I don't know of any flag-burners off the top of my head.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
I'd love to point out that the website is now suspended. LOL.
I have to agree, I feel the exact same way as da1nOnlyEd does...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.