counter ability using the bladestorm art

Endless_Trev

Reaction score
Here we go, I think thats everything, even the hidden cooldown. Not mui tho, might leak. Not sure if you care so yeh.
Quick edit, I forgot to clear the unit group. Updated.

Attachments

• Counter Helix.w3x
    15.3 KB · Views: 141

Endless_Trev

Reaction score
Nope all the damage dealt is based on the level of the ability, that trigger will cover everything. I updated the map again. Effects on the damaged units like in dota too.

helpmeplease

Reaction score
Nope all the damage dealt is based on the level of the ability, that trigger will cover everything. I updated the map again. Effects on the damaged units like in dota too.

where it says if the % is lower or equal to 17 .. blah blah will i have to change that i'f i want to change the chance?

Endless_Trev

Reaction score
yeah. if you want 20% chance change it to 20. if you want it at say 15 at lvl 1 and going up by 5% per level, instead of just having a number there, do some arithmetic. Have ( 10 + ( 5 * Convert integer to real (level of counter helix for attacked unit))) instead

helpmeplease

Reaction score
yeah. if you want 20% chance change it to 20. if you want it at say 15 at lvl 1 and going up by 5% per level, instead of just having a number there, do some arithmetic. Have ( 10 + ( 5 * Convert integer to real (level of counter helix for attacked unit))) instead

I think I'll just leave it as 17.... :nuts:

thanks heaps.

Endless_Trev

Reaction score
pick every unit in tempgroup and
- cause attacked unit to damage picked unit for X. in your case make it 50*level of counter helix for attacked unit (convert integer to real to find the level of ability for unit)

helpmeplease

Reaction score
pick every unit in tempgroup and
- cause attacked unit to damage picked unit for X. in your case make it 50*level of counter helix for attacked unit (convert integer to real to find the level of ability for unit)

sooo
Trigger:
  • loop - actions
    • unit - cause (atacking unit) to damage (picked unit), dealing (50 + (50 x (real((level of battle hardened for (attacking unit)))))) damage of attack type to hero and damage type normal

would this work?

Chaos_Knight

Reaction score
Ashamable.

Trigger:
  • Helix
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • And - All (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • ((Attacked unit) has buff Counter Helix ) Equal to True
          • (Random percentage) Less than or equal to 17.00
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Add all units of (Units within 300.00 of (Position of (Attacked unit)) matching (((((Matching unit) is A structure) Equal to False) and (((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True)) and (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Attacked unit))) Equal to True))) to TempGroup
      • Animation - Play (Attacked unit)'s spin animation
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in TempGroup and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Cause (Attacked unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing (75.00 + (25.00 x (Real((Level of Counter Helix for (Attacked unit)))))) damage of attack type Hero and damage type Normal
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the chest of (Picked unit) using Abilities\Spells\Other\Stampede\StampedeMissileDeath.mdl
          • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
      • Unit Group - Remove all units from TempGroup
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
      • Wait (0.75 - (0.05 x (Real((Level of Counter Helix for (Attacked unit)))))) seconds
      • Animation - Play (Attacked unit)'s stand animation
      • Trigger - Turn on (This trigger)

This is.. I cant explain it.

Awful. Leaky. Not MUI. Not MPI. wow..

Endless_Trev

Reaction score
sorry for afk, that would be 50+(50*1) for level 1 so 100. if you want it to start at 50 and go up by 50 per level make it 0+(50*level)

helpmeplease

Reaction score
Ashamable.

Trigger:
  • Helix
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • And - All (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • ((Attacked unit) has buff Counter Helix ) Equal to True
          • (Random percentage) Less than or equal to 17.00
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Add all units of (Units within 300.00 of (Position of (Attacked unit)) matching (((((Matching unit) is A structure) Equal to False) and (((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True)) and (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Attacked unit))) Equal to True))) to TempGroup
      • Animation - Play (Attacked unit)'s spin animation
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in TempGroup and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Cause (Attacked unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing (75.00 + (25.00 x (Real((Level of Counter Helix for (Attacked unit)))))) damage of attack type Hero and damage type Normal
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the chest of (Picked unit) using Abilities\Spells\Other\Stampede\StampedeMissileDeath.mdl
          • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
      • Unit Group - Remove all units from TempGroup
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
      • Wait (0.75 - (0.05 x (Real((Level of Counter Helix for (Attacked unit)))))) seconds
      • Animation - Play (Attacked unit)'s stand animation
      • Trigger - Turn on (This trigger)

This is.. I cant explain it.

Awful. Leaky. Not MUI. Not MPI. wow..

how does it leak?? i have no idea. kind of noobie so don't know

Endless_Trev

Reaction score
nothin you did, i just didnt bother making it mui or mpi or leak-free since you didnt specify, besides i did it in 4 minutes cuz i was trying to get a game of dota going i just didnt have anything to do in the mean time. quit your bitching ck. sides mui in gui for an ability that uses waits or timers is difficult, you know that.

Chaos_Knight

Reaction score
how does it leak?? i have no idea. kind of noobie so don't know

You can make it much better.
Using GDD.(Gui-Friendly Damage Detection System)
And Using Variables.
Nulling them.
And not using
Trigger:

Instead use
Trigger:
  • Set TempGroup = All Units In 300 of TemPoint matching (Units within 300.00 of (Position of (Attacked unit)) matching (((((Matching unit) is A structure) Equal to False) and (((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True)) and (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Attacked unit))) Equal to True))) to TempGroup

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.