Cult Project

WastedSavior

A day without sunshine is like, well, night.
Reaction score
Name:

Brethren of the Old Order (Still under consideration)

Objective:​
Destroy enemy (Capture enemy temple and channel to destroy it)

The Guard​
the guard is the current established deity, a very noble order formed around the Iron Throne, with 7 ranks of soldiers, and many outposts scattered across the map they can effectively stomp out a cultist who isn't practicing caution, guards sleep at night, and forces are withdrawn from the city, so its ideal to get into secret areas or have a small fire-fight.

Deity:​
Accepting Ideas -​
The Unseen - nicknamed the protector, is a cult devoted to the 7, a group of legendary warriors who've made a following from stories of merchants and traders attacked by bandits and the band of 7 rescueing them, nobody knows where the rumors started, or if the 7 actually ever exhisted, but any man with a silver tongue for trade would swear on his life he'd seen them on a dark or misty day, trotting along in the distance ready to take arms up against those who would waylay the caravan..
Rituals -
Spell Set -
Level 1 - Turtle/tiger Stance (Defense/Attack)
Level 2 - Fervor (1/3 life = attack faster)
Level 3 - Vigilance ( Move Speed/Agility )
Level 4 - Greater Balance (Sets life/mana of target/caster to caster+target/2 over a period of time)
Level 5 - Faith ( +3 piety )
Level 6 - The Unseen Shield: Hero has X bonus armor. That armor is spread between the hero and all allied units nearby. For example: Hero has +10 armor. An allied unit comes within range of the aura. The armor is then split so the hero and the allied unit both have +5 armor.
Level 7 - Hasten to protect: For every non enemy unit that falls around you, non enemy units gain armor, and the hero gains armor and attack speed. As their fellows fall, a follower of the unseen rushes to the aid of those left standing.
Level 8 - 7th (All units surrounding dying unit, take damage)
All followers in this faith are granted greater success in melee combat

Peitha - Goddess of persuasion, Self proclaimed queen of mirrors, half-human half-snake, her vanity unrivaled for good reason, she uses her appearance and cold blooded mystical powers to influence those around her, in her wake an army of those who admire her, and those who wish to be granted with a sliver of her power..
Rituals -
Spell Set -
Level 1 - Allure (Aura (reduces enemies damage))
Level 2 - Skales of Stone ( + Defense/-move speed )
Level 3 - Petrify (Turn enemy to stone)
Level 4 - Charm (Changes teams for 16 seconds)
Level 5 - Reflect (damage takin in the period of 6 seconds is returned)
Level 6 - Lust (All women have 100% reaction for the duration)
Level 7 - Call of the Siren (Summons a phase-shifting siren that taunts units for the duration)
Level 8 - Dominate (if hero - damage, else - perm convert)
All reactions cannot go below 30%

Selene - Goddess of the Night Sky, the smile in the moon, selene's eerie caress fueled by the fury of her brother, god of the sun, all creatures of the night are watched carefully by her, to be seen and hidden according to her desires
Rituals -
Spell Set -
Level 1 - Conceal (Invis for the duration)
Level 2 - Tides (health regen aura)
Level 3 - Pull of the Moon: movespeed/armor based on time of night, highest buff being at midnight
Level 4 - Pull of the Sun: attackspeed/damage based on time of day, highest buff being at noon
Level 5 - Asteroid (AOE fire damage)
Level 6 - Hunter's Moon (move speed, attack speed, damage increase)
Level 7 - luminesce (Increased Sight + Range)
Level 8 - Astral Eclipse (mana regen, life regen increase Greatly)
All followers are masked at night, making persuit of them impossible

Heyte - Mistress of Mischief, all who worship her are worth their weight in gold, she's relatively unknown because all her followers heists are successful, the only rumors are spread by those within the guild willing to risk their neck for a bit of fame..
Rituals -
Spell Set -
Level 1 - Greed (all attacks have chance of gaining some gold)
Level 2 - Elusive (Evasion/Move Speed)
Level 3 - Maim (slow target/damage)
Level 4 - Hog Tie (Disables target/no cast spells)
Level 5 - Summon Familiar (Imp)
Level 6 - Disguise ( take the appearance of a rock or bush)
Level 7 - Money Catch (setup aoe trap/damage/steals money)
Level 8 - Grand Heist (Steal gold from all active players)
All followers gain a 5% bonus to pick pocket, and move speed

The Nhuvasarim, an ancient sect of necromancers, although they worship no god, they believe they can gain great power from sacraficing and torturing their victims.
Rituals -
Spell Set -
Level 1 - Raise Dead
Level 2 - Symbol of Stunning (Stuns targeted unit/damage)
Level 3 - Blood Fuse (periodic damage, if unit dies it explodes doing damage to surrounding)
Level 4 - Symbol of Death (Kill target unit)
Level 5 - Decrepid (Slow/no cast/mana reduction)
Level 6 - Flesh of the Living (Souls are pulled from all corpses within range, the souls then charge target)
Level 7 - Touch of Death (Used on own units +health, used on enemy units damages)
Level 8 - ressurection (Reincarnation)
Sacraficing a follower will grant 5 piety instead of the normal 3.

Kayle, the strong northern wind, god of white snow, strong winds, and storm, no mountain or man tempts their fate by offending the northern wind..
Rituals -
Spell Set -
Level 1 - Whisper in the Wind (Damages enemy unit/gives vision of unit)
Level 2 - Knock Back (Throws enemy unit backwards)
Level 3 - Sister Winds (Random units are tossed about for the duration)
Level 4 - Tornado (Kicks units in its path up into the air and fall randomly within X range of where they started)
Level 5 - Iron Maiden (freezes enemy unit solid)
Level 6 - Lightning in a Bottle (creates item in inventory that can be used any time (instant damage)
Level 7 - Sacred Land (Sanctify the lands around you, all enemy units suffer, while allied gain bonuses, creates a protective wall)
Level 8 - Wrath of the Tempest (call down the fury of lightning around you)
Followers move 10% faster then normal.

GamePlay:
Food = Amount of followers, followers can be sacraficed for 3 piety, or every night each follower increases your piety by +1
wood = piety/faith, used in rituals and casting spells
Gold = well its gold, you get it from doing certain tasks, gain a little bit from the "worldy" possessions of your followers when you convert them, can but used to buy artifacts, mercenaries, or pay off a poletician to clear your name of a crime..

All religions have an idol, statue, or object of great value that lies somewhere on the map, the idea is to keep this object safe, while hunting down and eliminating enemy objects, it takes a great deal of time to destroy one, so the more followers you have channeling on the object, the faster it will be destroyed, destroying such an object would gain you great favor with your chosen god

You run around the cities, villages, and farms recruiting for your selected religion, its in your best interest to avoid contact with the local guard, as you could be discovered and have a bounty placed on your head, avoid conflict with enemy cults as not to draw suspicion from the local guard, and when your confident make your attack on a neighboring holy symbol.

Important Locations:
Harbor - heist a warehouse, gamble with some sailors, get a boat ride, get ahold of someone who'll do some "shady" dealings
Forest - hit up a camp for supplies, raid caravans, consort with your cult
Cities -
villages - find small quests, easy followers (no nearby guard)
Mountains - another place to consort with your cultists, have a private dual, attack a local outpost, raid a mine

Items:

I've got a demo map of how things will work, so take a look at that..
updating as we go.. soo a little interest might spark a great deal of enthusiasm on my end, and maybe i could get out a playable version for Halloween..
tell me what you think of my idea guys :p

H

hey its X

heres a God/Diety thingy for you,

Zlathanar

The god of destruction and evil, to gain favor, you must worship as much as possible and sacrifice non-believers :D

WastedSavior

Reaction score
omg wtf awesome.. double post..
anyways, im not really lookin for "god of evil" im lookin for more of a "god of insight" or "god of the unseen"
not the usual "black, white, and pink" gods that everyone knows

H

hey its X

The Unseen Ones

The main worshiped ones in the world, they say that when all hope is lost, the 7 riders of the Unseen Ones, the greatest warriors that have passed away, will come to aid the world.
To gain favor, do good deeds, protect and help those in need, and honor the Unseen Ones. Also, gather piles of lumber and create Holy Pyres around statues to gain favor.

Rituals: Divine Healing

when enough favor is gained, you may use this Ritual to heal in a large area.

hows about that? :D

WastedSavior

Reaction score
i liked that, well the base anyhow, i made some alterations and spinned a little story, but otherwise it remains the same, thanks

kiren17

Reaction score
Peitha the goddess of Persuasion

this god converts people to your faith faster than other teams (if conversion takes xx seconds). having fatser conversion allows her minions to raise a huge army quickly.

there spell could be they convert a group of people in an area (bigger area for higher level) or possibly 1 enemy follower (lots of faith to use)

this team might be a little cheap but whatever...

got name from

http://www.geocities.com/athens/troy/2774/mythgods.html

WastedSavior

Reaction score
if you play the demo map, its not much, but it shows how you'd convert people
you walk close to someone you'd say hello, good day, whatever it'll be random, they'll do the same, cept next to their greeting, will be a %, that % is the chance you have to convert them, if you like the %, you can click the skill "convert" then click on him, if you luck out he'll convert, if not, he'll turn hostile and run for it (usually to guards or something) you gotta kill him, and any guards he gets close to, or you'll be exposed and be hunted down like a rat :p
i think they'll just get a better chance of a higher percent, or no chance of a lower
it goes by 10's
10%, 20%, 30%...90%, 100%
i guess ill make it so that chosen faith can't get below a 20% or something
each faith gets a set of spells (things they can cast) based on the god, if there was a god of stone all or most of the spells would be like "throw stone" or "turn enemy target into stone" etc
they also get a faithful bonus, unique to every faith, like the 7 would get a melee bonus, like crit strike or bash or something, and your idea would get a persuasive bonus :p, ill add all this up to the first thread now

kiren17

Reaction score
ive got another idea :D it will probaly go better...

Selene the Goddess of the Moon. her followers get enhanced power at night. also do the guards fall asleep at night? if they do her followers can pass thourh the city unseen.

her abilities could be she can us reveal at night (if possible to use only at night). her super could be to change the time of day...

p.s. sorry for all the goddesses :D

WastedSavior

Reaction score
its cool, im glad for the ideas :D goddess or god
also, thanks for the idea about making guards sleep!

kiren17

Reaction score
no to be annoying, but is the god selection like in tds or does the color decide the god?

Lunarios

Reaction score
-Possible names:

Immortal Relm
Mount Glory
The Clash of the Gods
The Great Ones
The War of a Million Lives
The Power of the Gods
The Relm of Belief
The Relm of the Immortal Ones

WastedSavior

Reaction score
kiren17 said:
no to be annoying, but is the god selection like in tds or does the color decide the god?

was thinking colors, that way all the ability tooltips could be color coordinated with the color of the player

kiren17

Reaction score
i would like an updated demo jst to see were the map is at if possible :)

also do you need any more ideas or help on the map?

WastedSavior

Reaction score
kiren17 said:
i would like an updated demo jst to see were the map is at if possible :)

also do you need any more ideas or help on the map?

i want at least 6 gods, so those'd be good, i need a map name, can always use spell ideas, and little task ideas (to get a little more pocket change)
my pathing was all screwed up so i tried to reinstall warcraft, and guess what? i forgot i lent out my roc cd to my friend so he could play the campaign, so i wont be able to work on the actual map till tomorrow, im thinkin the demo will just be a very small scale with less details on what the big one will be, ill update that every time i make some head-way

kiren17

Reaction score
WastedSavior said:
i want at least 6 gods, so those'd be good, i need a map name, can always use spell ideas, and little task ideas (to get a little more pocket change)
i have another possible god you could use

Ate Goddess of Mischief

she can summon weak creatures to attack the enemy followers
(if this is possible) she can steal small amounts of resources from enemies
the more she steals from enemies, the higher chance the villagers start to follow her.

p.s. hope that helped. also if you want we could use aim (if you use it) to exchange ideas faster :)

WastedSavior

Reaction score
NiKaNoRoU_GR said:
hmmm, after reading it carefully, I like it, and I will gladly help you ;)
on ANYTHING at all

thanks for the offer, ill find something for you to do xD lol
anyways, i added in the 4th god, but i need a story for her, cuz im drawing a blank.. read the other 3 to get a feeling for what it should be if anyone wants to take a crack at it :D

kiren17

Reaction score
other then the last gods story. wat do u need?

also wats ur warcraft username? and what section?

WastedSavior

Reaction score
alright, i've got wc installed again, my user name is jesse_james on useast
sorry i haven't answered immediatly, i had to work all night to get out a new version of my werewolf map, which i think i needa pull another few hours to fix bugs i've already noticed and re-release it, im gonna start terraining the map soon, so not much head-way will be made on the demo map (as that is mainly about triggering) ill post screen shots of the terrain as i go

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.