Custom Hero Arena

lllidan

Reaction score
No I think you're being too critical. What sets it different is whats in the map. Having an Alladin them's not going to do that. You customize your hero in many ways: the hero himself, the abilities (including lots of custom ones to choose from),Z vc the weapon (as I said the weapons are going to be very expansive since there are different upgrade paths you can take, and I'm adding that unique idea about the durability), and there are different play modes available. The conquest mode is a mini-rpg in itself. You see, i don't judge whether a map is unique or not by the theme but instead the gameplay (with or without theme).

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
lllidan said:
No I think you're being too critical. What sets it different is whats in the map. Having an Alladin them's not going to do that. You customize your hero in many ways: the hero himself, the abilities (including lots of custom ones to choose from),Z vc the weapon (as I said the weapons are going to be very expansive since there are different upgrade paths you can take, and I'm adding that unique idea about the durability), and there are different play modes available. The conquest mode is a mini-rpg in itself. You see, i don't judge whether a map is unique or not by the theme but instead the gameplay (with or without theme).
You completely misunderstood me. Anyways, this is exactly what I was asking for. So you can customize your hero in a lot of different ways? Then how about something along the lines of "Custom Hero Arena", or something like that. (I think there is one named exactly that already though) You could also emphasize the conquest mode, like calling it "Hero Arena Conquest!".

lllidan

Reaction score
Ya I know lol I found out about Custom Hero Arena about 2 weeks after I started my map. So I'm using it as a comparison to make sure my map is 2x better than it. So far there are two "select your abilities" type maps that I know of:

1) Custom hero Arena (simple name but good map)
2) Hero Craft (great name I'd take it if it wasn't already done, but TERRIBLE map. Shitty terrain and shitty gameplay.)

So I'm still looking for a name....

The naem can even be something that doesn't explain the map. Kinda like defense of the ancients which has nothin to do with the actual map (but it's a cool name)

Daelin

Kelani Mage
Reaction score
What do you understand by "Armor system"? Could you be more specific?

~Daelin

lllidan

Reaction score
well its not exactly a system but I couldn't think of a better word. It works just like the weapons, in that you use recipes to upgrade your weapon in many different ways, giving it diff stats and abilities and attack types (the weapons that is).

Z

ZehoanElpha

Well I am to lazy to read so I am just posting this. I don't know if it is to late but can I help? My warcraft name is legolas_strong.

:rolleyes:

K

kriso

hey umm can i be a tester for the map please :)

btw for the names i cant really tell you
because i have never played the map but i usually am very good
at naming maps.

Thx

Z

ZehoanElpha

I have a list of names:
1.1Ilidan's Custom Hero Arena
2.Custom Hero Death Match
3. Dark Vs. Light
4. Battle Of The Heroes
5. Do Taco. Do What tastes right. (j/k)
Well that is what I came up with in like 10 seconds. Ill come up with better ones later.

P.S. So can I help?

Z

ZehoanElpha

Okay I wont, wish I could delete posts. Anyway, did you like any of the names I thought of?

-Legolas_Strong

W

WoW_Error

Names:

Outland Hero Arena
Burning Crusade Colliseum
Demon Field Arena
The Sundered Land Arena
Outland Gladiators (American Gladiators ftw.)
Illidans' Arena (I know you didn't want your name in it, but Illidan does rule over Outland, and your map is Outland/Black Citadel tileset... so it does fit. :p)
Killing Fields
Massacre Mesa
Armageddon Arena

I don't really know, never really had to think of a Hero Arena name before. :p

lllidan

Reaction score
Those are some good names, by far the best suggested. But at last I thought of a name. I have to leave the country in 8 days, so I won't say it yet seeing as I won't quite finish (but just barely!)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.