WIP CysticsRts (No name currently)

CysticCraze

Reaction score
Description:
I third person map that will have enterable buildings and a beutiful terrain.
The purpose of this map its to duplicate an RPG suchs as World of Warcraft
or other closely related games. It will have enterable buildings and custom
weapons and "hopefully" armor. It is currently single player, meaning I have
intent to make it 2-3 players. There will also (but not currently) have instances/dungeons and specified loot.

Video: Current Map
Note that the weapon and sword models are not mine right now. All of them have been Downloaded from Hiveworkshop.
[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YiQB9MU_iIw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YiQB9MU_iIw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]
RTS1.jpg

RTS2.jpg

RTS3.jpg

mmonksied.jpg

Loot System: Ingame Screenshot and small description.
Loot system, kill an enemy and a bag drops, click the bag and take the items you want from it.
Lootftw.jpg

Items:
These are curently templates, they are equipable and fully opperational, ALL of these photos are mine, no others models used. (Unlike the video above.)
CurrentModels.jpg

LifeGauge System
Its Fairly simple, just has a hero on your team that displays a % of enemies health. Very much like WoW.
HealthGaugecomplete.jpg

Updates: Latest Changes
Code:
1. Created Dialog box for enterable buldings.
2. Created new ability equivlant to a ranged attack.
3. Created a new loot system.
4. Created Templates for future items (Items that are very basic that can have node attachments 
and spikes/whatever that spefically classifies them as a specified item, ie "spiked mace,"(as made above) 
which is just a little addition to the normal mace.  Very basic but huge possobilites.)
5. Created an enemy health system.

Special Thanks to:
Code:
sLsIDK
Pharoah

Terrain: |||||
Loot System: |||||
Models: |||||
Design: |||||

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Yeah you gotta make that "ball" glowing.. or atleast not as rigid..

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
In real life, the moon does not look like some spherical object 20 feet away. It looks like a very distant 2-dimensional image. About the actual map: Why do you call it an RTS? It looks much more RPG-like.

CysticCraze

Reaction score
sigh, your right its and RPG, idk why i said RTS, im so lost today. As for the moon if i put it any father away you cant see it.

WastedSavior

A day without sunshine is like, well, night.
Reaction score
Maybe if you made it a little smaller it would appear to be further away?

CysticCraze

Reaction score
I could try that, also it be kewl if i could make it a unit and have it patrol extemely slow so it disapeared when night came.

Or had it follow a unit with an offset... Then it would apear to be there all the time.

CysticCraze

Reaction score
Thanks, working on the gold thing, I have it planned so gold is lootable by players rather than gained instantaniously. Gonna have to photshop/gimp the icon, so you can have copper/silver, and possibly gold if i ever figure it out. Also Items are a very low chance to drop, likea 5% but Im gonna make food and possibly a sit down animation for arthas, so you can eat to gain health out of combat.

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
might i suggest a targeting system?
your map's current camera has it so its right behind the hero, thus makeing the hero cover around 80% of the monsters hes directly fighting with.

My suggestion is this, if he alredy has a target, you shuld make it so the skill is cast on his current target when the skill button is pressed (easaly obtainable if you check if he has a target or not, if he dosent give him his normal skill, if he dose then give thim the non target skill)

just a suggestion to keep the user from misclicking the hero if he wanted to cast a target unit spell.

CysticCraze

Reaction score
Please explain more psiblade, cause I tottaly understand what your talking about, ive struggled with this alot. haveing trouble dropping items because you cant click the ground.. can u give me a tutorial or something? I also wanted to try and make a system so whatever you are curently attacking apears at the top of the screen as a hero, thus allowing the player to track his health without the help of alt... think i can make a hero and play with triggers to accomplish this. Anyhows dude please elaberate, sounds interesting.

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
You have a specific event for your hero that detects if it aquires a target
Then you have general event for when a unit attacks
Then youll have another general event for when a unit is issued an order with a target

So now you have 3 triggers for targeting, 1 specific and 2 general
For the 2 general ones, you want the attacker and the ordered unit to be your hero

Now, you would need a unit variable (this is single player right?) <if not then make this variable an array> And For each trigger, have it set the Targeted, Attacked, Target of order unit to the Unit variable (i will call said variable "udg_Target" from now on)

Ill leave the rest of the checks up to you, but basicaly when these trigger, you give the hero the targetless spells, and when the target either dies or is considered "hidden" from the player (aka the unit looses sight of the target) then udg_target will be set to no unit and the targetless skills will be replaced with their normal target skills

____________________________________________________________________________________________-
Alright, about the tracking of hp, you would want to have a unit with 1000000 life, and give it locoust (make the portait the attack icon or something and the proper name Target or something of that sort). This will be your hp tracker dummy hero (for the portrait on the side) Every time you check periodicaly for the targeted unit above, you will also check the said unit's life in a %, then you will set the life of this dummy unit to the current% of udg_target's life +.01 (so the dummy unit dosent die)
when there is no target, you can get it default back to 100% or .01% its up to you really (.01 is an empty bar)

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
This would probably be fun to play multiplayer. =)

CysticCraze

Reaction score
I plan to make it a multiplayer of 5, more like a LAN party deal but it prolly will be very hard. Anyhows, for the health thing can I get a trigger plz? Might have to open a new thread for this =S

SuperSoldier

Reaction score
I think this is a pretty cool map and would like to help, I can help with triggers and any other little things you need.

(Already added in Special Thanks as sLsIDK)

And to whoever said the moon doesn't look like some 3d spherical object, looking at the screenshot, that doesn't either.

CysticCraze

Reaction score
Alot new updates, take a look, (loot system, new item models, added combat spellbook, added two inventories and other misclanius crap.)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.