Damage Delay

Halofan

Reaction score
Are the any trigger action that could delay the damage of an ability? For instance, if I make a custom ability, Sticky Bomb, it will attach a bomb to an enemy and then after a few seconds, do area damage. The problem is, I need time to allow the Hero to escape before it explodes. I've tried triggering the damage, but it seems really buggy and is not working properly. So are there any triggers that will simply delay the damage? Or better yet, are there any abilities that have this built in? Thx :D

denmax

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
So when you will cast a spell on a unit, there is a couple of second so that the hero has time to escape?
I don't really quite understand... But ill try.. are you talking about this?
Code:
Events
 Unit - Starts the effect of an ability
Conditions
 (Ability being cast) Equal to [Automatic Sticking C4 (XD)]
Actions
 Wait [desired duration] seconds
 Unit - Explode (Target Unit of Ability being cast)
 Unit - Make (Casting Unit) to damage are at (Position of (Target Unit of ability being cast)) within [desired AoE] and do [damage] damage type Chaos attack type Universal

Just find something like that.. Im not sure about my typing, i didnt open WE.

Halofan

Reaction score
Does it have to be Universal? I thought that was unimportant... which might explain a lot:eek:. I had it set to Spells, Demolition. I'll try Chaos, Universal. Thx

*EDIT*

That didn't work, but thanks anyway. I think I'll scrap this ability and try it again. I may just have to try to use a dummy unit.

denmax

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
It seemed to work on mine...
Ill rewrite it with my sure triggers.. It maybe worked because the base ability is Storm Bolt..
Code:
Events
 Unit - A unit Starts the Effect of an Ability
Conditions
 Ability being cast Equal to [Boom]
Actions
 Set VarCaster = Casting Unit
 Set VarTarget = Target unit ofability being cast
 Wait [?] seconds
 Unit - Explode VarTarget
 Unit - Cause VarCaster to damage circular area after 0.00 seconds of radius [?], dealing [damage] of attack type Spells and damage type Normal

Try this one.

Halofan

Reaction score
The thing is the ability does different amounts of damage at different levels, so I had an If/Then/Else trigger set up. The wait probably threw that off, so then I tried a different approach, but that didn't work either. I'll just make three triggers then...

*EDIT*

Okay, I got it working now. Thanks for the help.

Hero

─║╣ero─
Reaction score
The thing is the ability does different amounts of damage at different levels, so I had an If/Then/Else trigger set up. The wait probably threw that off, so then I tried a different approach, but that didn't work either. I'll just make three triggers then...

*EDIT*

Okay, I got it working now. Thanks for the help.

You don't need 3 different triggers for it..or you shouldn't

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.