Decreasing Armor (Ability Needed)

pr0413

Reaction score
So I need an ability to decrease armor. I tried using Devo. Aura with a negative integer but it just made it positive. Does anyone know any ability that decreases armor?

More Information:

I'm making a map that has highways/roads. So when a unit enters the highway, it has like 10% more speed but then decreased armor.

roaaaarrrr

Reaction score
Is this for a single unit or for an aura? If you are just talking single unit ability, use faerie fire. For an aura, you could use a dummy unit to cast faerie fire on all the units in an area. But I was almost positive that a negative devotion aura worked just fine... Are you sure you are doing it right?

pr0413

Reaction score
Well, I type "-1" into the devotion aura armor bonus field and it came out as "1" when I pressed Ok/Enter

EDIT:

I just noticed that it's a Real Number and not an integer. It came out as 0.00 when I typed in a negative.

Ringleader

Reaction score
On the field with the armor value for devotion aura, are you holding shift and clicking? Might have to shift + double click, not sure. Then just enter a negative value and it should accept it.

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
Hold shift and click on the Data field, it should allow you to put negative values.

Alternatively go to file->Preferences and enable negative values in the editor

roaaaarrrr

Reaction score
Yeah, either hold down shift and double click a field to allow a negative value. Alternatively, you can go to Map/Preferences and tick the box that says "Allow negative values in Object Editor"

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
Hold shift and click on the Data field, it should allow you to put negative values.

Additionaly go to file->Preferences and enable negative values in the editor

I found out that sometimes you HAVE to tick enable negative values, sometimes you dont. But even if you do, you still have to shift+click.

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
Yes, you have to go to preferences and allow negative numbers in Object Editor. Once you do that, just use devotion aura with negative values like you tried to do originally.

I have a negative-armor aura like that, and I use devotion aura as my base. Works great!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.