Defi4nc3's ORPG!

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CenshiCheese

Question part two:

What have you done to make the code stay safe? ie keep people from breaking the code?

@Defi4nc3 - I have a few things to say
1). How did you make your loading screen so straight, cuz when I make 1 they are never lined up because there are 4 parts :p
2). It makes you seem like a huge jerk when your charge money to add heros or keep codes :(
3). The gamplay sucks in this. Where is the point in playing it, all you do is kill stuff and level up. Were is the story line! :mad:
4). It seems like somone said they would give you $1,000,000 if you made the wost ORPG possible. Then 5 days later your like, here ya go. I want the $$ soon.
5). If your gonna make a map, make one that doesn't suck.

U

Unregistered

101112131415 said:
1). How did you make your loading screen so straight, cuz when I make 1 they are never lined up because there are 4 parts :p
2). It makes you seem like a huge jerk when your charge money to add heros or keep codes :(
3). The gamplay sucks in this. Where is the point in playing it, all you do is kill stuff and level up. Were is the story line! :mad:
4). It seems like somone said they would give you $1,000,000 if you made the wost ORPG possible. Then 5 days later your like, here ya go. I want the $$ soon.
id lyk 2 see u make a better rpg map.... he only wants $$ 2 encourage him 2 keep goin with it or hed just give up. keep up the gd work defi4nc3

Effane

Save/Load Code Tutorial
Reaction score
I dont know what country you live in. But if its the US or one of the Interpol countries then you may want to stop. EULA for WC3 says you cant make any profit off the engine or world editor. Just a warning with having these donators...

Other than that, not bad work on the map. Its not my favorite ORPG, but its better than most. It did inspire me to start mine though, for good and bad reasons.

C

CenshiCheese

personaly i think this is the best made game out there, lots o awsome triggers and great charictors, plus tones of items. I say touche good sir, awsome map and you desirve whatever money people throw at your feet. to the man named by numbers i say Screw You, If u dont like it, dont play it and stop being a little girl. Does angel arena have a story line? no. And it doesent suck, so shut up. Point of the Game? Its Basicly WoW to a lesser extent. the point of the game is purely to reach the peak of the level mountain and gather the greatest weapons/gear out there.

My advice to you 10111... is to commite suicide. end your pathetic existance right now.

Cheese out.

Lobster

Old Fogey ofthe site
Reaction score
Hey, i liked the map. But you should add more ways to play, like make it so a boss is invulnerable until you hit a switch, and if its the wrong switch(its random every time) you keep it invulnerable.

C

CenshiCheese

so basicly puzzle bosses, a mix of fighting a monster and solving a puzzle. Intriging yes, but not most peoples style, although tis a good idea, most people dont go for that kinda thing. Although i do hope he will add puzzle bosses, he most likely wont.

C

Chindril

What have you done to make the code stay safe? ie keep people from breaking the code?

He did nothing. How I know ? The last 2 times he restarted the codes I found a way to get back my hero in no time. It's not safe at all and never will be, because it's a warcraft map. Don't worry though, I dont give away codes and stuff like that, I'm just tired to restart a new hero, so I just make another char the same level with same stats and items, and then go back having fun online.

BTW Puzzle boss would be cool, like other RPG (ie Zelda). Boss cannot be beaten by just hitting. It would be more interresting.

- Chindril

Defi4nc3

Developer of DORPG
Reaction score
101112131415 said:

1. Go read a tutorial...

2. I don't charge money ass, they pay me for my time...

3. Gameplay sucks? heh, maybe you don't like GG(Grinding Games) but thats not my problem now is it?

4. I don't get number 4 cause your a f'ing illerate son of a bit*h...

5. I'd like to see you do better buddy...

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lol.

Nice reply :rolleyes:

I agree with you, although the words you used weren't the right ones >_<

Defi4nc3

Developer of DORPG
Reaction score
I was just expressing my Opinions, towards HIS Opinions...

Yea the language might have been a lil' outta hand, just been a Stressful Day, I apologize for the Language, but I still mean every word I said.

lllidan

Reaction score
I admire defiance, not for his map, but for his idea. He says he has a fan base of over 1000 people. He then makes the game more fun when you pay $2. People will think "hell $2 is nothing, I want that Hero". That's over 2000 dollars you made for a map, not even a game, that has no storyline and no quests (but some good mapwork, with the items, heroes, and skills) and is only like version .15. The only thing I have to say is what Effane said, watch out because it's illegal to make profit of World Editor.

C

C[a]sKet_90

A). Hey i like the map, but i noticed the town in the bottom right is rarely used. Itd be cool if you could maybe get a zepplin ride from Deria to a new, harder area of the map (for a fee?). Ive seen something like it done in another rpg i played (dark lineage) look there if you dont understand what i mean <pretty stright foward tho> <Really good idea huh? i think so too>

B). Your prolly gunna do this, but ummm you should make gold stores in Deria also.

C). I know this is wayy to much to add, any of this, but proffesions would be nice also. Maybe by version 1.0 haha

D). People keep complaining about code resets "even me" a good way to prevent this would be to make a beta version before releasing the regular version of a defiance map. The beta version would be like a "test server". The Beta codes would not be compatible with the regular version codes. That way all bugs could be fixed when the real version of a map comes out. I know thats hard to understand, so please read 2x if needed : )

E). These are all just ideas, im not trying to force you to like any of them (well maybe the zepplin idea). Not even sure if this is right place to post this stuff - i made this acc. because i needed to spread my zepplin idea !!!!

PS- Im gunna be mad at u if blizzard sh*ts on you for asking for donations - making a profit from WE is forbidden <careful> - Thanksssssssss

N

Noobz_Maker

Sigh... I love your RPG... however... i cant seem to download from epicwars... thesay i mass download so i banned... But this is the first time i have been there... Any suggestions?

Defi4nc3

Developer of DORPG
Reaction score
Currently there is no way to get the newest Version besides Epicwar, Unless you get it on BNET.

Hopefully soon enough i'll purchase a Host, making it easier for people to get the map.

N

Noobz_Maker

Sigh... Ok... There isnt anyway to upload it right? like freewebs or even here... ok then ill just see if my friends can access epicwar and try to get it from them... BTW i can only find 0.15F on epic wars... i cant find 0.15H... So if you were to be so kind, do you think that you could send the file to either [email protected] or [email protected]?? If you could I would appreciate it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New recipe is another summer dessert Berry and Peach Cheesecake - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-berry-and-peach-cheesecake.194169/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.