Defi4nc3's ORPG!

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CenshiCheese

So... what map isnt old fashioned? in world of warcraft all u do is lvl up and get items.... and thats played by 6 million people. All rpgs are old fashion maps, what besides lvling up and geting items is there...

Defi4nc3

Developer of DORPG
Reaction score
Ghostface said:
Wow man, do you know how many people say that your map is so boring and reptitive? Now if you haven't noticed that your self then how about playing some other RPG maps out there and compare it to your old fashion crap of a map. No offence ;)

Its ok if you don't add a story in the map, again it is an ORPG but the terrain is well... meh and it It freaking burns my eyes, I can tell its your weak point but when I looked into your map I noticed your triggering is quite impressive but that terrain man.. Yuck

And the reason why I said your map is old fashioned is that theres nothing to do but level up and get new items.

Yeah I know I'm a bit harsh but I speak the truth even though its a offensive one

You don't really play MMO's do ya? More of a FPS type Player or RPG'r eh?

I don't mind really, i don't take any offence from what your saying, for every bad thing theres 100 Good things people say about my map. Your only expressing your Opinion. But yea i'm wondering, do you have any projects of your own?

N

Noobz_Maker

Ghostface said:
Wow man, do you know how many people say that your map is so boring and reptitive? Now if you haven't noticed that your self then how about playing some other RPG maps out there and compare it to your old fashion crap of a map. No offence ;)
Actually, I dont know how many people say his may is so boring and reptitive as i rarely see any1 say that and im not gonna say that either. Besides... Defi4nc3 is working on a new terrain in 0.16 so if you even bother to look at it you would think about what you just said... the webby is www.deforpg.tk

C

CountDracula

tada...farm fest

you need a lot more variety in your map as quest wise goes, all you seam to do is kill and get items which im sure ahs been said 50 times aalready, alot of people prefer your map because its so pollished -terrain, your spell layouts are nice and the text that sasys the spell, very nice touch but all these lil buffs dont make the initial gamepalyer better...need some quests, like u enter town and ''off top of head'' they are starving or sumtihng , so make a mini game and u gotta fish or farm or w/e to give little spins on the game, i palyed till lvl 17 palasin (the holy dmeonic, overlord guy..idk how that works but what ever) and then the farming just had to stop...i could seriosuly leave my pc on and palying ina area waiting for respanws to kill and level, its taht boaring, not trying to be harsh, jsut helpful, with more ''pazaze'' your map will attract more people

T

tg1

I agree I think you should add some actual quests other than just killing. Other than that your map owns good work so far.

U

Unregistered

lil help plz anyone?

lmao i love the game of defiance... there are too many times i've played it in one day. but i've been meaning to ask.. can anyone help me with a save/load code for my rpg? its a pokemon rpg... not sure if sylvanas911 will help me... but.. xD i've read the link off this site for save/load but it only help to so far... i get confused by just reading it... i've tried many times to set up the save/load trigger but im no good with variables... can anyone plz help me?

And in game... i also think there should be quests... but ... this is starting to seem like everquest to me lmao xD i've aimed def a few times but he's only answered me 4 ish times so.. <(^.^<) <(^.^)> (>^.^)>
things i would suggest is something like... quests.. minigames... uhh...maybe something like groups too lmao... custom board players and
player - chat -substring -groupinvite <color>
action - add invited color to custom board...
but then again... what am i talking about? lmao

all i came to ask was if anyone could help me out on a save/load lmao... im so off topic

[email protected]

-DeceptionPhoenX@Lordaeron
Warcraft 3 The Frozen Throne

C

CenshiCheese

Hey defiance, are u ever gonna add puzzle bosses? It would add to the game the sence of doing stuff besides smacking it with your sword. Ur triggers are awsome so this should be a piece of cake.

Defi4nc3

Developer of DORPG
Reaction score
Once i make my Spin-Off Map "Dragon Raid" it'll be more of a Puzzle type deal, but yea i still gotta lot of work to finish this Map, I'll possibly be Adding Quests in the Future, but right now im more focused on Gameplay and Balancing.

N

Noobz_Maker

just a suggestion but you dont haf ta do it... maybe you could upload your maps on www.wc3sear.ch and on epicwar as well? cos if people cant go to epicwars at least they have an alternate...

G

Ghostface

Defi4nc3 said:
You don't really play MMO's do ya? More of a FPS type Player or RPG'r eh?

I don't mind really, i don't take any offence from what your saying, for every bad thing theres 100 Good things people say about my map. Your only expressing your Opinion. But yea i'm wondering, do you have any projects of your own?

Lol actually I do play alot of MMO's yeah it has alot of killing and leveling up, getting new items and what not but thats NOT all you could do, plus one of big reasons which sets aside an MMO from any other is the art style and the environment and the atmosphere around you with the towns and NPCs and what not.

But in your map leveling up and getting new items is the ONLY thing you could do in the map. There is no point where you find your self wandering around a town talking to NPC and learning about this world even though its an ugly one.

But yeah I do have map project I'm working on and the reason why I'm making it is so I can demonstrate how a great enviroment and gameplay which actually switches from time to time other then just hack slash y' kno?

Defi4nc3

Developer of DORPG
Reaction score
Ghostface said:
Lol actually I do play alot of MMO's yeah it has alot of killing and leveling up, getting new items and what not but thats NOT all you could do, plus one of big reasons which sets aside an MMO from any other is the art style and the environment and the atmosphere around you with the towns and NPCs and what not.

But in your map leveling up and getting new items is the ONLY thing you could do in the map. There is no point where you find your self wandering around a town talking to NPC and learning about this world even though its an ugly one.

But yeah I do have map project I'm working on and the reason why I'm making it is so I can demonstrate how a great enviroment and gameplay which actually switches from time to time other then just hack slash y' kno?

Can't wait to see this...

Lobster

Old Fogey ofthe site
Reaction score
Suggestion: Change the borders. You know like where the inventory display is. Im having toruble making the portaits show up. But if you have warcraft 3 image extractor(id suggest version2) and know how to alpha skin, you can export the console stuff, and remodel it. After that you can import the new borders to make them look different. :D Hope you likee the suggestion.

L

LOBO

Hello there,

first of all i gotta express my appreciation for defi4nc3's work. I thought all the time he was a computer crack in the middle of his 20s and when i found out he is only just 16 i couldnt believe at first ^^ So u own my respect at all stages, keep up the good work ;)

The second thing I noticed when i first played the map was the quite poor terrain but after some weeks and realizing that even with this kinda poor terrain some ppl lagg like hell I think it wouldnt improve the game at all to make it more detailed.

And last but not least everybody is talkin about version 0.16 and the dragon raids lately so I wanna know if u implement a new code system AGAIN so everybody has to start over AGAIN. That would piss me off a bit because I have 3 chars above lvl 50 cause i can never really decide to play only 1 char ^^

Well thanks in advance and see u in ogre dungeon [=

Knights

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Defiance,

You are quite good at mapmaking, and you know it, but unfortunatly you show it. The other day, I was playing my map with you, it is in BETA, unfinished, testing form, and you told me it wouldn't get far. I am 14 years of age, and I know my mapmaking skills are quite large for someone my age. I do beleive Defiance's ORPG is good, but I will never play it, because of the impression of yourself you gave me.

Sorry,
KnightsOfTables

Defi4nc3

Developer of DORPG
Reaction score
Knights said:
Defiance,

You are quite good at mapmaking, and you know it, but unfortunatly you show it. The other day, I was playing my map with you, it is in BETA, unfinished, testing form, and you told me it wouldn't get far. I am 14 years of age, and I know my mapmaking skills are quite large for someone my age. I do beleive Defiance's ORPG is good, but I will never play it, because of the impression of yourself you gave me.

Sorry,
KnightsOfTables

Hey buddy it was probaly a Spoofer, I don't play WC3 unless im SEEDing my Map, and thats hardly ever because I usually just throw it on Epicwar... Make sure to /who next time, and also.... I only play on US WEST, when i do play of course... Which like i said, is hardly Ever... I haven't been on Wc3 in 3 Weeks.

Cornface

Avoid, if at all possible.
Reaction score
You played on US west? :eek: I encountered a defi4nc3 on european servers too.

Defi4nc3

Developer of DORPG
Reaction score
On our forums somewhere, we have a Screenshot of 6 Defi4nc3's in One Game...

Yea its common heh, /whois will tell you the Truth, but the only Defi4nc3 Account I have is on US WEST.

Knights

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Okay, allright, sorry...well, I thought spoofers couldn't not have colors, ah well...sry about that :O

U

Unregistered

Defience and other

When is new version of Defiance coming out and were can i get it ?

Also were can you get a spoofer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.