Disabling Tree Harvest and AI

rtschutter

Reaction score
For my current project I would like to have some Lumberyards that have neutral peasants going back and forth collecting wood, but I don't want the players to be able to gather wood on their own.

I know that if I make the trees invulnerable that players cannot gather...but will I be able to make the AI at least look like it is gathering with the neutral peasants? I just want it to feel like bustling lumberyard, I don't necessarily need them to actually collect wood. Trees don't even need to fall.

Would this be best accomplished through learning to use the AI Editor or is that primarily for competitive AI?

Ideally night elf players would still be able to place their wisps on trees for scouting purposes but it isn't necessary. I guess I am just looking for any thoughts on a strategy for accomplishing this.

Admit

Reaction score
Make a custom Peasant with the harvest ability, and remove it form the "normal" peasants.

revudev

Reaction score
Before using this trigger, make a custom unit that can harvest. Then put all the custom harvestors into a single region.

Picture2-3.png

Then make a trigger like this. During the Map Initialization, they will all be issued an order to harvest trees. Replace (Last Created Destructible) with the tree you want to be harvested.

Picture4-1.png

Then to prevent others from harvesting, make a new trigger. Make a new region where all the trees are inside, a little bigger than the tree forest. Replace the (Peasant) with your custom unit and (Somewhere) with a region that you want the "intruders" to go to. Then replace Summer Tree WAll with the tree being targeted.

LurkerAspect

Now officially a Super Lurker
Reaction score
To make certain teams unable to gather lumber, just remove the respective ability from them in the object editor, and if necessary, just replave with a simple "harvest gold" ability

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.