Dogs+

Winterherz

Reaction score
I've seen a couple of videos about rottweilers+babies and it makes me wonder, are dogs capable of interacting differently between a baby and adult human? What can you tell from your own experience?

[YOUTUBE]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rmj4UlVs5nU&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rmj4UlVs5nU&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE] [YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JJqoTN5LkDs&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JJqoTN5LkDs&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Judging by thesE, they seem to act gently on babies or small children

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
It all depends on the dog, any dog can behave if trained well, though some breeds tend to be naturally more aggressive if not trained right.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
I thought it depends on the owner.

(Only if I were able to see what was coming...)

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
though some breeds tend to be naturally more aggressive if not trained right.
True there but..

"tom_mai78101" Doesn't have entirely wrong it depends on the owner.
If u let a dog be vicios he will

So it means you need to socialize your dog at the the early age and be a leader.

and of course.. be sweet and kind to your dog and be a friend.

Just don't provoke any dog.

fall7x

Reaction score
Many dogs do obviously understand what a baby and a small child really are, many dogs either do not realize or do not care. Depends largely on training and socialization, but it also depends largely on whether or not the child was supervised and whether his parents made ANY effort to learn a little about canine body language or just stupidly assumed all dogs would tolerate little pinching, poking fingers in the eye or a hard yank on a sensitive ear.

Make no mistake, even a gentle dog can be tugged on or otherwise tweaked beyond the limit of its patience and in the dog world a sharp growl and/or nip, or even a bite is a common reprimand for persistent annoyance. Even a gentle, loving, friendly dog should be supervised with children at the very least for this reason.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
If u let a dog be vicios he will

So it means you need to socialize your dog at the the early age and be a leader.

and of course.. be sweet and kind to your dog and be a friend.

Also known as "training", which is what I said. ;)

FireCat

Reaction score
Also known as "training", which is what I said. ;)
Yeah, except I can't call evrything for training.
I tell ya.. Being a leader is much more important than actual training. lol
Any dog will respect you and naturally defer to your authority!

fall7x@ :thup:

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
Rottweilers are very caring dogs, at least the females, they just need consistency and good exercise and they can be as nice dogs as any.

There is one thing that I have learned about a dog, there is no middle ground for them, for example:
If you don't want the dog to be on the sofa you should not ever let it go on any other furniture as well since it can't tell them apart in the long run^^

My friend has a Rottweiler that is strong enough to tip a 3ton car (which it already has once while the tire was being changed), but it is the kindest and most caring dog I have ever known, except for the fact that it kills and eats cats as soon as it gets a hold of them^^

The worst race I have encountered is the Cockerspaniel, especially the males, they are testing your leadership 24/7. I have learned that with these dogs you really need to train away their hunting skills as soon as possible if you want them as a pet.
One thing that makes that is a mistake to do before that is done is to give the dog anything, even a darn toy before that is done.

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
ive been led to believe that smaller dogs are generally more angry at the world

FireCat

Reaction score
Yeah that's kinda true

Small dogs can be extremely more aggressive than bigger dogs
Well. they think they're big. That's pretty nuts.. ain't it? lol

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
That doesn't sounds so great :mad:

Meh, it has only done it once or twice anyway and it is better that it is cats rather than babies:rolleyes:

There is some truth to that, the prementioned cocker spaniel is so overconfident that it actually thinks he can play with every dog he sees even if they are really raging out at him.
But on the other hand that is probably because he has never been attacked by another dog, you can't know that fire is hot until you have burned yourself on it.

I recall one dog that my mother bought once, I think that his name was "Lexus" and I have no idea what kind of races he had in him, but he was one aggressive bastard. He was about 9months old when she bought him and the first day we got him here he found out where my mothers bed was and tried to take it, he did not even want her near it. As my baby sister was only 4 at the time she took the dog back and got the money back and all that, if it was not for the money I still think that that dog would have been better of dead.
A puppy at nine months should not lash out in a full blown rage attack, and if it does it is most likely to have been beaten before sadly enough:(

Oh, and btw, I have just discovered that a dog can learn almost everything:) I am currently trying to teach our dog to crap on command to shorten the walks with it:D

nicoledc109

Reaction score
[YOUTUBE]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rmj4UlVs5nU&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rmj4UlVs5nU&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]
I like it

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Not only how the owner raises the dog, but also how the owner is him/herself. They tend to reflect the owner's character at times. If the ownder is abusive, when the dog has the chance, it too will be abusive.

I have a pitbull since it was a pup. My little brother about 9-12 months old, so they were aroudn the same age. My little brother plays a bit rought but the dog got used to it, and my dad made it clear that no harm can be done to anyone in the family (newspaper works when they're small, the sound scares them). Whenever my little brother cries, the dog runs into its house (sort of "it wasn't me"). She then had pups, and we kept one. Now he was also submissive to my little brother, and was raised like its mom, but one day it simply through my little brother on the floor and pinned him down, holding him by the neck with its jaw, but not biting it. The mother started barking at it and I guess it realized what it was doing and let go. My dad gave him away to a friend who was looking for a guard dog.

Moral of the story, sometimes dogs are born like that. And any animal can 'snap' and turn on the hand that feeds it.

FireCat

Reaction score
dog is very loyal
Yes, dogs are very loyal!
And this is a great video, to show anyone who wants to deny
that pets can have human a like emotions and feelings.

Well, I hope the dog is in a good home with great owners!

Vellu

Real eyes realize real lies.
Reaction score
I hate those little "Fifi", and "Momma's little cute sweetie" dogs. Keeping TOO good care of dog can make it extremely aggressive - remember this, if someone of you is considering of buying a dog, big or small.

But I love medium to big sized dogs. You can play with them much more freely than with little one, and they give some sense of protection. My big brother has two American Akitas and they are very good dogs! The older one doesn't like other dogs too much, but the younger one is everybody's friend.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.