Dummy isn't casting Death and Decay

Roku

Reaction score
Hey.

Another basic thing i am attempting to do is make a dummy unit cast Death and Decay (edited the original one with a custom one, changed it to unit ability etc.) on a random point in a region. This should happen every 6 seconds. Because Death and Decay is a channeling ability i added a 24 seconds (thats how long the spell should last, and thats the value set in object editor) expiration timer so it can channel it to the end. However when i test this in game nothing happens.

Code:
Death and Decay
    Events
        Time - Every 6.00 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set Point = (Random point in Boss Fight Area <gen>)
        Game - Display to (All players) the text: DnD!
        Unit - Create 1 dummy for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of Boss Fight Area <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
        Unit - Add Death and Decay  to (Last created unit)
        Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Undead Lich - Death And Decay Point
        Unit - Add a 24.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_Point)

The message is running, i can see it, so basically its something wrong with the trigger or the mechanics this spell works.

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
try creating dummies to "Point" not in the center of "Boss Fight"....
and does the dummy has enough mana for spell? (just askin ;))

Roku

Reaction score
Yes i have used this dummy before at other spells and sometimes that mana thing was the issue so the dummy now has max mana and the spell is set to 0 mana cost anyway. The spell range is set to max so i don't think that would be the problem, well i tried your suggestion anyway but sadly it still doesn't work. It seems like something is interrupting it right after it is ordered to cast the spell (i saw some minor spell effects once for like half a second but thats it). I added a function to ping the location of point, so even if i walk over it, i don't loose hp like i should, so it isn't a graphic only problem.

Roku

Reaction score
My Death and Decay ability is supposed to damage 25% of any units hit points every second that are in it. So even in the worst case my dummy should be alive for 4 seconds. And beside that i changed in the Object Editor at "Targets Allowed" to "Air, Enemy, Ground, Structure, Ward". My spell should last 24 seconds, thats what i have in the Object Editor under duration. This time i tried making the dummy invulnerable (he has locust tho) via a trigger right after he is spawned, but still no luck :(
I don't have any other triggers or negative regeneration affecting the dummy. Not that i know of at least.

Oddly i tried replacing Death and Decay with the default Rain of Fire, added it to the dummy and ordered it to cast, that doesn't work either. It might be something with channeling spells.

Roku

Reaction score
Hmm ok. That worked... sort of. I created a hero instead of a dummy. The rest of the trigger remains the same. Well basically the hero appears, casts the spell, the effect appears, and disappears after 4 seconds or so. Not only the effect but the damage factor too. No matter if i change the damage of the spell, it always disappears after a few seconds or so, although the hero is still there channeling it (i think since it isn't attacking me, when he should if he wasn't).

Roku

Reaction score
Well i see no one can find a solution or an explanation to this, so ill ask if someone could suggest any other solution i could replace this with. Basically i need an AoE like ability with say 300 AoE, that damages units when they get in range, or into it. I was thinking of simply adding a dummy unit, and adding immolation to it, but the problem is i couldn't find a model to fit with it, so as the players can see where they should not go, to avoid damage from immolation. The model should have some sort of adjustable size, so i can make it be as big as the area effect of the dummy immolation spell.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.