Earthquake to damage per second?

thevoden

Reaction score
how do I make Earthquake damage units every x seconds? Like the dota effect but not really.

The only option of earthquake is to slow units and damage buildings.

Champ-Bear

Reaction score
Do you want the ability to be like in DotA where the earthquake will be moving around with something like a hero, or just a stationary earthquake?

If you only want it stationary, just use the trigger:

Code:
For each (Integer A) from 1 to 5, do (Actions)
    Loop - Actions
        Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage circular area after 0.00 seconds of radius 500.00 at (Target point of ability being cast), dealing 100.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
        Wait 1.00 seconds

You can change the interger value to make the spell longer or shorter, as well as the frequency of the damage, radius, delay, etc.

If you want to make it move like in DotA, you could use this:

Code:
Moving Earthquake
    Events
        Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Earthquake
    Actions
        Set Caster = (Casting unit)
        Trigger - Turn on Earthquake Action <gen>
        Wait 10 seconds
        Trigger - Turn off Earthquake Action <gen>
Code:
Earthquake Action
    Events
        Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        Environment - Create a 1.00 second Normal ripple deformation at (Position of Caster) with starting radius 1024.00, ending radius 1024.00, and depth 64.00, using 1.00 second ripples spaced 512.00 apart
        Unit - Cause Caster to damage circular area after 0.00 seconds of radius 500.00 at (Position of Caster), dealing 100.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal

You could change the effect, but the rippling one is kind of like the earthquake effect. This isn't MUI, and it has leaks, but you could remove the location for Caster at the end, and I don't know if you need to remove Environmental effects.

THE_X

Reaction score
you could just create a dummy at the position of the unit that has immiolation and have its aoe the same as the aoe of your earthquake and if its a channeling spell then wait till your not casting that ablity to remove the dummy or if its a dummy casting earthquake then just add an experation timer to the dummy that has immoliation

Champ-Bear

Reaction score
True, I didn't think of that. Add inside the loop instead:

Code:
Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 500.00 of (Position of Caster)) and do (Actions)
    Loop - Actions
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                ((Picked unit) belongs to an enemy of Player 1 (Red)) Equal to True
            Then - Actions
                Unit - Cause Caster to damage (Picked unit), dealing 500.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
            Else - Actions

dragonhord

Knowledge is true opinion. - Plato
Reaction score
Sand King's Earthquake seems much simpler to simply cast a series of thunderclaps at Sand King's position... I would imagine it would be just as efficient... wouldnt damage enemies... and do everything you want it to...

I_RULE_YOU

Reaction score
lol just change the "targets allowed" option from Structures to Ground, Enemy :p then just set the amount of damage you want per second. No triggers needed :eek:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.