Eternal Demise TD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knights

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
CTRLurself said:
I've played the game...with you hosting Knights,and i gotta say, it's a little stressful trying to decide/discover what you can make.

i've got a few suggestions:
1) fire, water, poison, and magic ball don't repawn, so it is hard to know what are good towers until you've run out of reasources.
2) the quest guide really needs to have a complete tower list...as it is, when i host people are constantly asking how to make stuff
3)i think you should be able to make a 2nd peasant for like 250$ which means you can't get him right off the bat, but he'll be there later...this would be rly handy so you can have 1 peasnat getting rocks, and flint, and shrubs, while one continually harvests lumber.
4)i think it should be a solo td so having one or 2 noobs on the map (because they're always there) doesn't ruin the whole thing.
5) if you don't want to make it solo, add -kick functions (i have good triggers if u want them) and make it so that if/once players are gone, their creeps stop spawning.
6) and a sell function would be nice to get rid of old towers for their materials

u were asking for suggestions on towers, and a towers that use the basic materials that respawn should still be essential towards the end of the map... a few towers i thought of (and tried while playing to see if they were there were)

1) machine-gun tower:rapid-fire, like 10 damage
6 gunpowder + 3 rocks + 1 lumber
2) super arrow tower: normal fire, long range like 12 damage (like the current arrow tower)
3 flint + 3 rock + 3 lumber (to get 3 arrows) + 3 lumber to get one tower.
3) fire tower: low range, splash, ground only, like 25 damage
3 rock + 3 fire + 3 wood

just a few suggestions...it's a rly original idea for a td, harvest ur own materials...finally a challenging td. i can't wait to see it after more refinement.

1) Now they do.
2) I will think about it.
3) Nice idea, may use.
4) It is now solo.
5) Kick functions are irrelivant
6) I like it...but going to take a while.

Ty for the ideas. I have already added a neat thing where the peasent levels up, at level 5 he gains alchemy(Turns rocks into 3 types of metals) then at level 8 gets advanced alchemy(Turns rocks into 7 types of metals) to make way for more combinations of towers.

Lunarios

Reaction score
Wow, Knights you got a really good thread going here. On B.net when I hear about some of the people in this thread I'm like, thats great. When I see them In person, I get a couple white hairs. When i stare at the multi-list page of items, I wonder how the items are going to fit in the area. Based on the list, I can imagine Knights needing to double the size of the map to contain the resources. Based on the amount of models needed, your more likely to crash B.net than not. :D . Since this map is obviously going to be famous, I kinda want to help. Just asking, but is there any way I can get up to say, as much credit as you? Apparently thinking up the advanced tower making system wasn't enough. I'll be glad to do alot, maybe add items, think up more good ideas, (Farming things for example. Since your not sticking to reality in this TD, I'm pretty sure a fire tree or a rock tree would fit in well. Or perhaps a special mode where you get gold for kills and you just buy the items instead of the tiresome gathering, or if that still not what your looking for, maybe the person's gatherer could ahve a profession, so you could mine stones and iron and stuff, or be a herbalist and dig for herbs and stuff. You could even create a trading community in game.). I confess I'm greedy, But I am willing to work for it. :D

Knights

Reaction score
I see this game is getting people to register on TH.net. I should be proud. :p

Luna, if you are willing to create new items and combinations and towers, then I am willing to let you take hand of a single part of a version. Then you can get 49-51% credit. I will NEVER give 50/50...

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
You know Knights, maybe the terrain should be Outland since there is a lot of mechanical items. It would be better if there was space terrain though.

Lunarios

Reaction score
And I can never obtain 50% credit Knights, since there are more than 2 good people working on this map.

Ideas:
This Idea Has Been Deleted By The KIG Soceity -Lunarios

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
Yeah but if this was Starcraft, he would have to make it as space tile!!!!!! If only there was someone who can make space terrain, then it would bring so much people into the map :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Knights

Reaction score
Interesting...verrryyy interesting.

It will be a lot of work to replace all the towers with heros. I will most definatly do it for next version. Thanatos, Xenro(In game), Lunarios, and KnightsOfTables all have credit for this game. Lunarios and KnightsOfTables have the most, but who cares about the credit? It is that you KNOW you did it. :)

<3 the ideas guys,
Knights :cool:

Halo_king116

Working As Intended
Reaction score
Knights said:
Thanatos, Xenro(In game), Lunarios, and KnightsOfTables all have credit for this game. Lunarios and KnightsOfTables have the most, but who cares about the credit? It is that you KNOW you did it. :)

Took you long enough to admitt that you are not only maker. Just yesterday on Battle.net you were going insane, sorry to say :(

But anyways, I look forward to playing the map with one of you, hearing good things,

So Lunarios, I will be on MSN in an hour or so, so we can talk about playing it then.

Have a nice day, and good luck! :D

C

CTRLurself

u kno, i was gone for a day, and there is suddenly like 6 more posts.

i'm willing to help edit/test maps. i've got a pretty good trigger library from my earlier map making days. i can email u a blank map with all the triggers u need for sell buttons...or just e-mail u the map i already have them on (it'd be easier), cuz u can just copy and paster triggers between maps.

i don't care if i get credit or not, i just wanna see a new and great TD made, there r too many that r all exactly the same, and this is like a breath of fresh air for TD lovers.

refining would be a nice feature, and then there are tons of new towers u can make...like better cannon towers, lightning towers, fire towers, etc. i was playing it solo yesterday, i got like ver .9 (something like that), and i realized that all of a sudden the creeps get too hard to kill with the towers :banghead: .

i had a huge line, all arrow and canon, etc, and i got totally owned in like 3 and a half lvls...it was rly unbalanced all of a sudden. it just needs to be tweaked, nothing major though

C

CTRLurself

Lunarios said:
People Towers-Like towers, except simply people with weaponry. You would build a person tower, which cost no resources, than buy or make weapons for them. The wepaons would add all nessecary bonuses.

so some of the other tower ideas were a little odd, but this is a rly cool idea...like start off with a normal person, and have 6 choices, and then each of the 6 have a few options to upgrade to from there. that would be like 30 towers right there...

i know it's a lot of work, but it would be sweet if there is almost too many towers to know...so each player doesn't know everything but actually NEEDS help from others on how to make stuff.

Knights

Reaction score
Good, no...great ideas!!!!! <3 With these ideas, I have no doubt about the popularity of the map!

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Lunarios

Reaction score
Kk...I know everyone will hate this, but the plan does have a competeitive edge.

As you know, we are going for quality. When this map is done, it will be so fine lined and pristine it will replace wintermaul, which still maintains popularity for an unknown reason. I am suggesting we pull the map back into open alpha, so games will be hosted privately, but anyone from this forum can join. As you may know, this is a star TD, the best one of its kind. We want it to stay the best. By hosting it publicly, you aren't giving the map away. You are giving valuable ideas away, which horrible map makers will chuck together, and because they will have a complete version first, they will get a strong foothold, and like UORPG, the final might be repelled because everyone is playing the first one. I suggest the map is pulled back into alpha, and we wait for the real moment of glory, when we can rig up like 15 hosts to host the map at once upon its ultimate completetion. I know you will hate this knights, but it will come as a big fat suprise in a couple months.

I will be glad to make some stuff for the map knights, I am just waiting for the oppurtunity.

I bang my head against the wall, and I wonder what the neighbors think :banghead:

Knights

Reaction score
The neighbors think you're fat. About the idea....heres the deal. I won't release v.22 until all the changes are made and the game balanced.

I will host private games to guage what needs to be fixed/balanced.

C

CTRLurself

hosting

ummm, idk about u, but i tried to open the map file so i could get alook at the tower combos, so i'd know them for the game, but i couldn't open it...

i think that not being able to open the map itself is a good deterent because most krock-off-map-makers don't have that good of trigger skills, and couldn't cobble this together in years, let alone the few weeks that knights will be done in, with all the brainstorming he's getting from this forum.

and i think that after u alpha test v.22, u should make some massive change, like take it from 20 lvls, to 55...and release v1.0, and we can mass host it to flood the world with eternal TD

and i'll admit it, i hosted a few games on .19 because it is a great map to play, even though it's unfinished

:banghead: sry :banghead:

Knights

Reaction score
You can host .21 all you like. I will upload it onto my first post for you.

Knights

Reaction score
Mmmm, nice ideas. About the person tower, I can make the bonuses tower specific.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.