Eternal Demise TD

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CTRLurself

towers

well, i'm going to sleep right now cuz ii'm going airsofting in the morning...but next time i play, i'll try as many of the towers as i can, and let you know if i find any problems.

hope i don't get shot in the face :)

Knights

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
;) No problem. Had me worried for a sec.

Anyways, further ideas are welcomed,
Knights :cool:

Lunarios

Reaction score
Horray Thantos is Back!

Kk...Since i don't like the way the entire list is posted, I have a differetn suggestion. Make a research facility. There is a began research button. To research the applications of an item, you put an item in its slot. You can have a relatively fast research time with 6 of the item, or a slow research time of 1 item. Once the research has began the items are removed. When the research is done is tells you how the item can be used ("Iron has a place in many of the advanced tech tree zones"). Than it gives you a bunch of applications, I,E Iron + Blah + Blah = Blah. You can have multiple research towers, because they can only be brought at home depot.

I'm pretty sure someone asked for a clarification of the class system.

Instead of the current hero skill system, which includes a random assortment of skills, there could be a better one.
Imagine a Hero Arena. Instead of classes such as flame wizard, there is merely wizard. Very generic. No elemental things, no mega footmen, such footmen and knights and wizards. Now allow for specialization in skills. Lets say we have bob, jim, and joe the footmen. Bob wants to be the most badass strong ass warrior he can be. So he invests in combat skills. All combat skills either have the same icon, or the same colored icon. So Bob is now faster, stronger, and more armored than Jim and Joe. Now we have Jim, always wanting to be in the CIA. He would invest in special ops. skills. Now Jim is an equal match for bob because his blade is poisined, he can blink away, and he can attack much faster. But what will Joe do? Joe might invest in support skills, so he sucks, but everyone around him is better. So imagine this with towers. Say a magic tower. It can learn frost magic, flame magic, and rock magic. Every level up it can invest in skills in one or more of these categories. So the magic tower might become become a "Fire Magic Tower". It allows massive specialization while making it so you don't have to make 50 extra towers.

Knights, Try reading the entire thread. :D

Knights

Reaction score
Okay, just clarify HOW I would do this. Would it be at level 2 you choose the classification, then based on that it gains spells...and would it be with dialog? Or, would it be based off of spells, where you have 4 spells, called, say, Choose Support, and when you learn it, you gain 4 new spells, based off of that category? I myself like the second one better.

Luna, please separate your posts better to make them easier to read. ;)

Keep up the amazing ideas,

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
Lunarios said:
Kk...Since i don't like the way the entire list is posted, I have a differetn suggestion. Make a research facility. There is a began research button. To research the applications of an item, you put an item in its slot. You can have a relatively fast research time with 6 of the item, or a slow research time of 1 item. Once the research has began the items are removed. When the research is done is tells you how the item can be used ("Iron has a place in many of the advanced tech tree zones"). Than it gives you a bunch of applications, I,E Iron + Blah + Blah = Blah. You can have multiple research towers, because they can only be brought at home depot.

I'm pretty sure someone asked for a clarification of the class system.

Instead of the current hero skill system, which includes a random assortment of skills, there could be a better one.
Imagine a Hero Arena. Instead of classes such as flame wizard, there is merely wizard. Very generic. No elemental things, no mega footmen, such footmen and knights and wizards. Now allow for specialization in skills. Lets say we have bob, jim, and joe the footmen. Bob wants to be the most badass strong ass warrior he can be. So he invests in combat skills. All combat skills either have the same icon, or the same colored icon. So Bob is now faster, stronger, and more armored than Jim and Joe. Now we have Jim, always wanting to be in the CIA. He would invest in special ops. skills. Now Jim is an equal match for bob because his blade is poisined, he can blink away, and he can attack much faster. But what will Joe do? Joe might invest in support skills, so he sucks, but everyone around him is better. So imagine this with towers. Say a magic tower. It can learn frost magic, flame magic, and rock magic. Every level up it can invest in skills in one or more of these categories. So the magic tower might become become a "Fire Magic Tower". It allows massive specialization while making it so you don't have to make 50 extra towers.

Knights, Try reading the entire thread. :D

OMG, just by reading this makes my head confused :confused: !!! And yes, I'm back. Only on Tuesdays (sometimes) and Thursdays-Sundays. I post often like about 15 posts a day to catch up what I missed. Knights right, you should separate the post into 2, by puting the other half on your pad allowing Knights to read the half. Then he can read the other half.

Knights

Reaction score
All right, I am using lunarioses idea like the following:
When you build a tower it has 2 initial abilities to learn, those are the possible class choices.
As soon as you click to learn one, you gain a spellbook based on the class you chose.
Each spellbook has 4 spells gained at increments of levels.
For example
Simple Arrow Tower Offence Spell Book:
Level 1 - Fire Arrows
Level 2 - Multiple Arrows
Level 4 - Soul Burn
Level 6 - Extra Power

So far, there are 3 classes, Offence(Good Damage), Support(Auras and such), Power (High damage on a single unit at a single time).

A class I can't seem to find an appropriate name for would be the one that has Medium damage at increments, like a Poison attack, taking damage slowly.

Please suggest more classes, and a name for the one above,

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
Offense - Brutal Power but low Defense
Defense - Fortifications but low Damage
Magical - Mystical but low Hit Points
Support - Bonuses but no Damage
Balanced - 50% Everything
Split - Bonus Targets but damage spits equally
Elemental - Lightning Earth Fire Water Ice Nature Dark Light Holy Demon
Empower - Damage Booster but lower Defense
Enforcer - Defense bosster but lower Damage
Death - Super High Stats but extremely Expensive

How about that?

Knights

Reaction score
Nice, except, they don't cost money. =D
Oh, and, for the "lower defence" ones, is that for the tower or the creeps? Cause if it's for the tower, it's pointless, cause towers can't die, except from creeps, which is 1 hit kill from them.

Keep em up,

C

CTRLurself

Thanatos_820 said:
Offense - Brutal Power but low Defense
Defense - Fortifications but low Damage
Magical - Mystical but low Hit Points
Support - Bonuses but no Damage
Balanced - 50% Everything
Split - Bonus Targets but damage spits equally
Elemental - Lightning Earth Fire Water Ice Nature Dark Light Holy Demon
Empower - Damage Booster but lower Defense
Enforcer - Defense bosster but lower Damage
Death - Super High Stats but extremely Expensive

How about that?

i like the area... but :
Defense - Fortifications but low Damage(support auras, used to maze)
Magical - Mystical but low Hit Points (devastating spells, very slow attack)
Support - Bonuses but no Damage (seems to much like defence)
Balanced - 50% Everything (perfect)
Split - Bonus Targets but damage spits equally (multi-shot...almost a spray would be nice, like a wave attack)
Elemental - Lightning Earth Fire Water Ice Nature Dark Light Holy Demon (again perfect)
Empower - Damage Booster but lower Defense (seems a lot like defensive again)
Death - Super High Stats but extremely Expensive(long range, low attack, slow fire rate...hard to make)

oh, and play testing, the photon cannon doesn't work, it's makes other towers instead of a photon cannon. i may have been doing something wrong, so i'll try again later and let u kno. i got maybe 20 odd towers that all work great. keep up the good work.

Knights

Reaction score
You did nothing wrong, it's glitched in .22, as well as Nuclear Silo.

As for the specialities, DEFENCE MEANS NOTHING TO TOWERS!

Also, it is not gold to buy the towers, or change the class. When you build a tower, it has hero abilities which you can learn, which let you choose the class. That way, it is less confusing. Also, DEFENCE MEANS NOTHING.

Did I mention defence means nothing,

C

CTRLurself

Knights said:
You did nothing wrong, it's glitched in .22, as well as Nuclear Silo.

yea, there needs to be some sort of heirarchy for what towers get made, or if u have the materials for more than one then a menu pops up to let u choose which to make.

whatever it is, there has to be a way to control it. and i think a popup menu would be a good choice.

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
Oh, sorry Knights, just on the previous post ignore the lower defense thing and maybe the Offense should have a -attack aura and Defense a -armor aura.

Knights

Reaction score
Or for another class type called Decay or something, where it symbolizes that it changes something about the ENEMIES to make it easier, instead of to ALLIES to make it easier, as support does.

Keep up the amazing ideas,

C

CTRLurself

a little confused

i was doing some more testing on .21b, and found out that like 3 towers all build metal towers...corrupted fountain (upgrades to metal tower) and the actual metal tower. (i think tower of hope: iron+tree+arrow+taser is a metal tower too , but i'm not totally sure)

nuclear silo works fine, i made 2 of them. and idk y, but the electrical shocker upgrades to lead tower...

was it on purpose, or just for testing, cuz that makes it WAY too easy to be left in.

Knights

Reaction score
.22 Released!

All of those glitches above have been fixed. You can download .22 on the initial post.

I hope you enjoy it,

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
What clan do you belong Knights. I belong to clan Ruthless. I'll try to get people to play you map okay? I'll help test and bring in results.

Knights

Reaction score
I am cheiftan of Clan MmU. Please try to get your friends to play and host, as well as clan, as it will be very helpful to the success of this game.

Clan MmU is always open for extra members, we are a map making clan, you do not need any mapmaking experience to join. Non-Mapmakers stay as peons, but even if you have good ideas, you may be able to advance to grunt. (PM me if you want to join(;)))

As for the map, I hope you enjoy it,

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
Knights said:
I am cheiftan of Clan MmU. Please try to get your friends to play and host, as well as clan, as it will be very helpful to the success of this game.

Clan MmU is always open for extra members, we are a map making clan, you do not need any mapmaking experience to join. Non-Mapmakers stay as peons, but even if you have good ideas, you may be able to advance to grunt. (PM me if you want to join(;)))

As for the map, I hope you enjoy it,

Ahhh..... my clan chieftain is Outlaw. You can join 2 clans? I couldn't allow my friend to play because I couldn't reconfigure my firewall (I have no access to change it). I'm sending him the map right now so he can get it and host. I bet we'll bring good news about your map.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.