Eternal Demise TD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunarios

Reaction score
A) Why only have 1 ability? It defeats the purpose of having highly customizable towers. Customization = A cheap excuse for less towers.

B) Can you read through the forum and tell us which ideas your using or not?

Knights

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Well, I've just made the game more "noob" friendly mostly on this version. Next version is the one I plan to make better. As for the tower customization, that idea was NOT noob friendly, and just made the game too complicated. As versions go on, I may add more abilities per tower, but for now, just one ability.

Sorry about some delay getting .24 hosted on my inital post,
Knights :cool:

P.S. Hmm, the map is 506kb, max size of upload onto a post is 500kb. So sad..... :( I'll upload onto the map section and give a link.

Lunarios

Reaction score
Can you tell me WHY its not noob friendly? If most the of the abilties are passive, than it is very simple. Every few levels check your towers and invest.
Your they simply might not use it. They don't even have to use skills. It can be optional. It is optional. If you choose to ignore skills, it won't make the game impossible :/. If you choose to use them, than your better. Why exactly are passive abiltiies so hard to manage O.O?

There certainly easier than the current selection of active abilties.

And I'll be glad to make 9 abilties for each thing and install them.

Or will you till me why passive abilties are so anti-noob?

Knights

Reaction score
Okay. Passive abilities will ruin the game unless implemented perfectly. I do not wish for this to be done. As for the rest of it, next version, I will add abilities so that EVERY custom ability is auto-cast. This way, you don't have to worry about working like 50 abilities each round.

I have come up with an idea for extra gold. There will be about 5 possible minigames to play. Each will involve up to 2 players. One player would pay 50 gold, and he would play a minigame. He would choose from the 5 games, each has a different award. A unique tower. But you must win to gain the tower. The best towers, you must defeat another player as well an an NPC to gain the tower, but if you lose, the other player gains the tower.

Each tower gained by minigames will not be aquireable without playing minigames, or without winning.

Please tell me what you think of this idea,

C

CTRLurself

mini-games

that sounds like a great idea. it'll be a good way to pass the time in some of the easier lvls.

Lunarios

Reaction score
Horray for auto-cast!

Can you explain how passive abilites quote "Ruin the game".

Secondly, could abilties like blood lust still be used, and would they classify as support?

Knights, since you have provided an idea, I feel the need to out idea you.

Milita Centers: To get these, you need to build a Basic Building, than you can upgrade it from there. Upgrades cost gold depending on how good they are. Milita Centers spawn units wiht no collision size, and timed life. These units require a fair amount of life time, like 10 seconds miniumum. The units run around near the milita center waiting for a monster. When a monster comes, they simply attack him. The milita centers purpose is to provide mobile towers, that have special abilties specific to things that can move. They can chase after monsters. There primary purpose is to provide more variation in towers. Milita centers would spawn tanks, footmen, rifle men, airplanes, anything.

Alchemy Tower: For every attack that this tower makes, you get gold. The recipe itself would require a item, gold, and the gold bonus would be very low.
It provides bonus speed to units that get hit by it.

Lunarios

Reaction score
I did? W/e I'll make up a new idea.

BTW, I still want the answer to the passive question. And feedback to the milita thing. And feedback on the stuff i'm posting now.

Generators: Certain towers need electricity, correct? Well with each attack they would use mana, and when they reached 0, no more attacking. A generator has a ability based off of brillance aura, which almost instantly restores the mana. Generators would only affect adjecent towers.

Hydralic Pump Trap: With a blast of water the unit would go soaring itno the air, for an air time of 3 seconds, during which air towers, but not ground, could hit him.

More Air Towers:
This game needs more air towers because, the flying tower doesn't cut it much. In my opinion most towers, like 50-75% should be constricted to ground. Than add a new item, a Air Targeting system. They can tower target air. Doesn't apply to certain towers (Cannon and Catapult for exmaples).

New Tower Concept: The crypt lord's ultimate, Locust Swarm! The ability sends out locust units that attack enemies, than return and give the HP back. These would be huge recipes. (I.E Plane + Runway + Factory)

Air Base: Setting the model from locusts to planes, you have the air base. It has high speed, machine gun type attacks.

Bomber Base: A ground only facility that fires much slower but drops homing bombs!

Missile Plane Base: Fires high damage homing missiles, which can target air.

Missile Silo: Fires missiles which in turn fire more missiles.

I'm sure you can think of zillions of other variations (No not the dreaded flying villagers!) But the ability would need to be auto-cast, since it does occasionally run out. I can imagine a 60 second periodic would be fine.

Btw knights, Plz check on B.net.

Knights

Reaction score
I'm ON Bnet. I am on a DL only game. :)

Anyways, nice ideas,

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
Lunarios said:
God dammit! TELL ME WHY PASSIVES RUIN THE GAME!!!

I don't get a thing you're saying :confused:.

EDIT: Knights, if you want game modes, here are some to put in.

Modes

Newbie:
Units have 50% of their hit points and -15 armor.
Very Easy:
Units have 70% of their hit points and -10 armor.
Easy:
Units have 90% of their hit points and -5 armor.
Normal:
Units have regular stats.
Moderate:
Units have a bonus 25% hit points and +5 armor.
Hard:
Units have a bonus 40% hit points and +10 armor.
Very Hard:
Units have a bonus 75% hit points and +15 armor.
Expert:
Units have a bonus 95% hit points and +20 armor.
Pro:
Units have a bonus 130% hit points and +30 armor.

Bonus Modes

Survival:
A wave of unlimited enemies charge at you. How long can you survive?

Time Attack:
How long can you defeat all the waves?

Maul:
A regular game that freezes your units when waves come in.

denmax

Reaction score
This is my idea (srry if I'm too late on posting) and i haven't dl it yet.

AIR TOWERS:

1.A. Disabling Tower - A tower that has a 20% chance that it can disabled the attacked flying unit, making it crash and completly killing it directly. The tower has a base damage when not triggered. Has a 0.90 attack speed and has Split Damage (5 targets). Attack range: 450

1.B. Greater Disabling Tower - A tower that has a 40% chance that it can disabled the attacked flying unit, making it crash and completly killing it directly. The tower has a base damage. Has a 0.70 attack speed and has Split Damage (5 targets). Attack range: 450

1.C. EMP Pulse Tower - A tower that has a 50% chance that it can disabled the attacked flying unit, making it crash and completly killing it directly. The tower has a base damage. Has a 0.50 attack speed and has Split Damage (5 targets). Attack range: 450

BOTH AIR AND LAND:

1.A. Sentry Cannon - A tower that fires rapid number of bullets that deals damage. Has a 0.30 attack speed cooldown. Attack range: 600

1.B. Gatling Cannon - A tower that fires rapid number of bullets that deals damage. Has a 0.15 attack speed cooldown. Attack range: 600

1.C. Flak Cannon - A tower that fires rapid number of cannon balls that deals damage. Has a 0.05 attack speed cooldown. Deals radial damage. Attack range: 600

2.Nova Tower - A tower that keeps firing around it, dealing damage to nearby passers. Attacks every 1 second. 500 unit around. - CANCEL THIS ALL[/COLOR]

3.Soul Stealer - A tower that steals dead souls and changes it to anything, adding 1 point of life(if lives type of TD)/ 500 hp(if sacrifice and destoy type of TD). Deals large damage. Has a 4 second attack cooldown. Automatically focusas at a target with low hp. Attack Range: 600

TRAPS: Traps can be made at the path and it is walkable.
Traps cannot be created near each other or together, they have a restricted distance of 300 units.

1.A.Spike Trap - A trap that triggers every 5 seconds that completly kills the unit being hit. Cannot kill more than 1 unit when triggered(per trap of course). When another one is made, it triggers at the same time as the new one.

1.B.Greater Spike Trap - A trap that triggers every 2.5 seconds that completly kills the unit being hit. Cannot kill more than 2 units when triggered(per trap of course). When another one is made, it triggers at the same time as the new one.

1.C. Super Spike Trap - A trap that triggers every 0.50 seconds that completly kills the unit being hit. Cannot kill more than 3 units when triggered(per trap of course). When another one is made, it triggers at the same time as the new one.

2.Lightning Trap - A trap that triggers every 1 second that electricutes units under the lightning when triggered that deals large damage. Also when it hits the ground, it deals radial damage and slows thier movespeed by 30%.

SOME ADDS ON THE MODES:

In every difficulty, it also changes the cost of buildings, but this would take a long time so forget this. But if you can, then your a map making pro that doesn't get tired directly (not like me, I'm so lazy :nuts: )

Lunarios

Reaction score
I apolgize, but most of the things posted have been implemented or listed.

The air towers were rigged, as you could make 10 of them and instanly win air.

Ground towers & Traps have not been implemented, but have been listed.

Towers don't cost gold.

We are glad to have your ideas, but its probably a good idea to play the map as it is...different. :D

C

CTRLurself

Knights said:
P.S. Hmm, the map is 506kb, max size of upload onto a post is 500kb. So sad..... :( I'll upload onto the map section and give a link.

and the link would be? i'd like to see what all u've changed. :shades:

C

CTRLurself

uhhh

Knights said:
Here is a link:

http://www.wc3campaigns.net/showthread.php?t=87876

Just download it from the attachment.

I hope you enjoy,

it's rly easy to beat. i think u rly need to implement a difficulty system. i can beat it without much effort. other people love it once they get a hang of it, and they think it's easy in their first round. u need to up the hp of ALL creeps, and add armor if u want. it's fun, but way too easy.

ragingspeedhorn

Is a Banned Asshole
Reaction score
I got your map yesterday from the DL ONLY you had on USEast and tried it out. There were some problems like the mods of wc3c also has pointed out but besides from that this was pretty good and entertaining, good job on the map.

J

Jay_Dubbs

Review

Ok, I d/l'ed this and played it yesterday, and finally figured out how to make the towers(after 3 tries)... Once that was done I had a good time playing it. The concept is a fun and different way to gain upgrades and build towers. A couple things I noticed:

I didn't care for the loading screen, it was fuzzy and very hard to read. I realize that good clear loading screens take up a lot of space, but IMO I would rather have a standard loading screen with some instructions on how to play than this.
The tree model isn't right. It is plain white with no skin. should be a simple thing to fix, probably just didn't notice it.
I don't know how the resources are refreshed in the game, but here is an idea that might work also. Only start with 2 or 3 of them, and then slowly add the others to the game. This would make the game a little harder to play for those who say it is too easy.
I did get frustrated when I went to combine resources and it built one I didn't want because I had another one in the slot. Maybe a better way to combine things, like a place to drop the resources to combine them in some way.
I didn't understand what the car was for. I spent 25 gold on it, and I never figured out how to use it.
I found it hard to locate the resource builder. It might be a good idea to leave the hero screen Icon turned on for him, so he would show up in the top corner like other heros so he could be easily selected.
I did like playing it once I figured out how to do it. I think you have a good game in the making, and with a little tweeking it will be even better. + rep.

Knights

Reaction score
Thanks for the comments guys. I will definatly take those suggestions into account. I like the resource spawning 1 at a time thing. The car is to go to Home Depot to buy items for your towers. I may transfer back to the original loading screen, I still have some options in place though. The unfortunate thing about the towers is how they are made, but I cannot prevent what you are talkin about where you have 2 recources to combine, but it first wants to combine into another one.

Thanks a ton,

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.