Knights

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I hope so. ;)

Anyways guys, once you play, keep up ideas for .23,
Knights :cool:

Lunarios

Reaction score
Srry for the confusion. I didn't do my absolute best to explain the class system, but I am now.

Classes:
Combat (Speed, Attack, and Range increases)
Support (Allied Speed, Attack, and Range increases
Water (Water Spells and Bonuses I.E. Water benifits plant towers.)
Heat (Heat and fire magic)
Cold (Cold magic)
Rock (Rock, Stone, Metalltic Magic)
Nature (Nature Magic)
Dark (Dark Magic)
Light (Light Magic)
Wind (Wind Magic)
Massive (Nuclear, Anti-Matter, big things.)
Weaponry (Allows person towers only to weild better weapons)
Poisin (Toxins, Gas, and Poisin)
Electricity (Electricity and its power)
Atomic (Anything invovling atoms)

In each of the following classes there would be a pool of 6-9 spells. Each tower will be able to get 9 spells, 3 from each class that it applies to. So a magic tower. It can get spells form the classes of fire, frost, and rock magic. It can only get 3 spells form each class. The spells could be mixed, like you could get a rock spell, a fire spell, and a frost spell. From each skill or spell, there are 9 levels. So you can choose to tottaly max out speed on a tower, or maybe a combination of speed and damage. You are not rigidly defined between classes. It wouldn't be a generic warcraft RPG where you choose your class from the beggining of the game, it would be more like runescape. You can be a badass mage, a swordsman, and a ranger all at the same time. Heres the catch. Ypu have a limited amount of abiltiy points to invest with, and 1 of them should probably go to the ultimate. So you have 9 skills points. You could invest in everything, or max out a single skill.

Each of the units 3 classes could be seperated into spell books for space conservation. Than you could include all the spells, but than there is a problem of how to sperate the skill selection system into 3.

If the above works, than each tower would have the rebuild option. It would basically move the tower, at a certain cost. I don't reccomend blink, but i recommend that the tower builds a structure. Than a trigger kicks in, and moves the the tower to the point of being built, keeping it alligned with the grid.

All active spells would be trigger autocasted, because it is a real pain in the ass to click of them. Of course, auto-cast isn't the best way, as it leaves the spell idle for 2 seconds +.

New Tower Ideas:

Anti-Leak Tower: A tower that purposely has a miniumum range to prevent it from targeting any towers but the ones that are about to go out of range.

Luck Tower: Has a huge special effects inventory. Each time it attacks it generates a random number. It might give a rnadom amount of gold, put the unit down to a random percent (or up) or anything.

I personally think it is time to add a recipe for the avdanced buildings structure, which would build better buildings.

Second, lets place a limit on models. I'd say 50 maximum, 25 perfered. Models jack up the size of a map, when a almost as good subsitute could be found.

Knights

Reaction score
Dude, there are no custom models in the entire map, what are you talking about?

As for the class system, the current one is fine. It is neat, and the audience like it.

Next version, I will fix the few glitches I have found, and add more towers and abilities and classes. This way, it will make the game even more fun.

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
Knights said:
Dude, there are no custom models in the entire map, what are you talking about?

As for the class system, the current one is fine. It is neat, and the audience like it.

Next version, I will fix the few glitches I have found, and add more towers and abilities and classes. This way, it will make the game even more fun.

Knights, there are a few problems about them map.............it's with the resources that spawn. People say its too slow to create towers. Increase the item spawn rate okay? Another is that the creeps come in a bit fast so the map needs to be a bit larger. Overall, it's a very good map but it's kind of confusing with ingredients and stuff :D.

Knights

Reaction score
Respawn time is superb, cannot be fixed. As for the spawn part, I am confused. Needs to be bigger? Or needs to have longer time in between spawns?

As for the confusing part, it gets better after a few times of play. As I said in some descriptions, there are many strategies to it, such as:

1.) Make a small amount of towers, and get them to high levels with good abilities
2.) Mass towres
3.) Make as many towers as you can, but in between rounds, try to use the abilities
4.) Make few powerful towers and level them up
5.) Make a TON of weak towers, maze, then make a single powerful one in the middle of the maze
6.) Theres tons more to think of...;)

Anyways, next version I plan to have 3 classes for each tower instead of 2, and I will fix the few glitches. Also, I will add 20 levels, and a bunch of new ideas I can come up with and you guys can.

Thanks for the help, and keep up the ideas,

Lunarios

Reaction score
The tech tree will undoubtably include models. We all remeber what happened to umed. At the moment there are no models, but the future?

Second, I think its time to add the auto-adjust system.

It will be fairly complex to implement. Each unit will have the same maximum HP. The primary difference is how much HP they have. For normal modes, there is the average HP, which is set at the begganing of each level. Than in aa mode, atuo-adjust, the HP is calcualted by the sum of the tower's armor. Tower armor doesn't matter, so it can be used as a variable. Good towers ahve good armor, bad towers have bad armor. It adds up the armor and divides by something to get the hp. Heres a list of variables

/Level
X (Level x .010
/((Movespeed x Leve)l/100)

Since there will be decimals, the equation will round down. Since the goal of the auto-adjust is to be so perfect you shouldn't leak, there are 2 randomization factors. 1 is the type of units spawned. If you get 3 captains for your special spawns than god save you. Than there would be a rnadomization factor. A random number between 1-5. If it hits 5, than it picks a number from the rnage of 5-10. Than it seems as if you could never win against the system. Correction. The system takes no notice of the towers specialization.

:banghead:

C

CTRLurself

Lunarios said:
The tech tree will undoubtably include models. We all remeber what happened to umed. At the moment there are no models, but the future?

Second, I think its time to add the auto-adjust system.

It will be fairly complex to implement. Each unit will have the same maximum HP. The primary difference is how much HP they have. For normal modes, there is the average HP, which is set at the begganing of each level. Than in aa mode, atuo-adjust, the HP is calcualted by the sum of the tower's armor. Tower armor doesn't matter, so it can be used as a variable. Good towers ahve good armor, bad towers have bad armor. It adds up the armor and divides by something to get the hp. Heres a list of variables

/Level
X (Level x .010
/((Movespeed x Leve)l/100)

Since there will be decimals, the equation will round down. Since the goal of the auto-adjust is to be so perfect you shouldn't leak, there are 2 randomization factors. 1 is the type of units spawned. If you get 3 captains for your special spawns than god save you. Than there would be a rnadomization factor. A random number between 1-5. If it hits 5, than it picks a number from the rnage of 5-10. Than it seems as if you could never win against the system. Correction. The system takes no notice of the towers specialization.

:banghead:

dude, TDs are supposed to be hard. if it's ez nobody will play. making it totally possible for everybody makes it REALLY boring. get pro at greenTD, and play an easy ver. it's soooo boring. a flat hp for everybody is a good thing. then noobs get owned, and pros will probably get owned too the first time. that's what makes it a good map.

C

CTRLurself

correct

correct, if u want to adjust the difficulty in a TD ina ny way, the best method is actually the easiest.

no convoluted formulae, simply a menu, or selector choice of easy normal or hard

ez=50% hp for ALL creeps for that player.
normal=75% hp for ALL creeps for that player
hard=100% hp for ALL creeps for that player

let them choose their difficulty, and not make a game easily beatable by scaling creeps eash round. if u did, after the round started, the player could build a tower, and easily beat the level, and do it again next round.

Knights

Reaction score
There will be no difficulty settings in this game. I prefer maps where the pros get exactly the same game as the noobs. This way, noobs eventually become pros, and pros eventually beat the game. But, it takes a few times to win. Otherwise, nobody would host the game. Say they chose easy, then they owned it, they would be like, Emm that was boring, and forget it was on easy mode. Then they would never play/host again. This is not what we are aiming for.

Anyways, further ideas are welcomed,

Lunarios

Reaction score
A spur of the moment poem...

The town lay queit, poised upon war,
It sent out waves upon waves upon the shore,
The enemy marching, the coming defeat,
The warriors charging, about to meet,
For the victory high and glory,
The battle was short and gory,
The warriors lay dead, evil marched on,
The town had no hope of victory,
The townspeople waited, hoped for the best,
The first legion came, finally at rest,
With armor so bright,
Swords so sharp,
And so evil a blight,
They ramsacked the city,
Drove people from homes,
Set things on fire,
As the dark lord's drones,
Dawn came to the city,
And the sun saw the plight,
It sent a great warrior,
The Great Holy Light,
The paladin came,
Armored in light,
Full of power,
From the sun's light,
He and the lord,
Met one dark night,
And had a feirce battle,
The Lord of Dark and Light,
They clashed and warred,
All through the night,
And on dawn's great rise,
The dark lord fell,
Peirced by the great light,
The light lord fell,
Dead by the dark blade,
The battle was over,
The humans had won,
But the undead were not crushed,
The enemy marching, the coming defeat,
Victory is turly on the brink,

Don't ask me how I did that, but i can't help saying it beats the current plot. Of course, thats just me. What do you think?

Knights

Reaction score
Yes, I like it. But, it will not fit on the loading screen, unless I make a custom one, which I think I will do. Thanks for it, I will make a few changes to actually make it make sence, and fix some grammar, but other then that, good job.

EDIT: I did it, how you like it?

edtdloadpiciw7.png

Keep...the...ideas...rollin,

Lunarios

Reaction score
Also, either make my poem legible or put it in game. You could ahve a cienematic where the minstrel sings it :p.

Knights

Reaction score
Okay. I will add the poem into the cinimatic(And a skip feature) and also, I will add it into quests.

Again, ideas are quite welcome,

Lunarios

Reaction score
Towers:

Phoneix Tower: Does the classic phoneix style, which is losing HP than dying for a short period of time, than reviving. Or a new style, where it dies every so often kills. As level increases it dies less, until at level 10 it doesn't die.

Centrifuge Tower: A slaughterhouse with jacked up animation speed. The Tower would spin around very fast, and using the centrifical energy, hurl off spikes at high speeds.

Fort Tower: A tower that takes up 4 times to space (which seems like double), and has immense firing capabilties. It can fire multiple cannon balls, with a main cannon. The mutliple cannon balls would be done with multi-shot, or phoneix fire abilites. Its recipe would be huge. Wall + Wall + Wall + Wall + Builind/Cannon Tower/Tree + Cannon/Gunpowder. Huge recipe, huge tower, very good.

Magnetic Tower: A tower in which every attack either pushes the monster away from the tower, or pulls it toward the tower. If a unit gets close to the tower, than it is slowed. Every attack would have a .25 second stun.

Sonic Tower: Fires a bombardment of sound waves in a concentrated cylinder, nearly ripping the unit apart. Has a high chance to stun, but requires strong metals. Short Range

Sonic Boom Tower: A large sphere is spun around very fast, until gets gets above the speed of sound. It that makes a huge soic boom, stunning enemies and doing a fair amount of damage. It would auto-cast a abiltiy similar to War stomp using triggers. Short Range

Sonic Blaster Tower: Within this tower, many steel balls are spinning, countinously creating sonic booms. It can target the sound through mutliple cylinders, and stuns at a 75% rate for .35 seconds. Has mutlishot ability, a barrge modfified thingy. Short Range

Sonic Boom Trap: Traps a enemy in a sonic chamber, bombarding it with booms. Very much like the Sonic Blaster Tower recipe, although requiring less metal. Does damage at a high rate that is very conseistant (1% or 2% Hp removed). The monster will get out of the trap in a random amount of time.

Zomg The Sound Towers.

Knights

Reaction score
v.24 Released!

Finally, .24 is released. It is sort of a "downgrade" if that is the way you look at it, but here are the fixes:
-Only 1 ability per tower.
-Fixed the 6 item towers to make them possible to build.
-Added notifiers, to notify many things, plus sounds to aide them.
-Added many Abilities.

Try it out, it is attached on the first post, and is about to be uploaded onto the world editor maps page.

C

CTRLurself

loading screen

what file type do custom loading screens have to be? i got some kick-ass photo software, and i could throw something cool together. and i can make the poem legible without any issue. just let me know if u want me to. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.