Extending Vision Radius

OogaBooga

Reaction score
I was wondering if there was any way to extend the max vision radius of a unit beyond the 1800 limit. The current map I am making is an all night map, so I was thinking I could use the goblin night scope ability (which essentially provides ultravision), but I"m not sure how ultravision works and I didn't want to go through the trouble of working that out if it won't help at all.

So anyone have any ideas? I checked in the gameplay constants and I didn't see anything about max vision radius, nor do I have any idea how to edit ultravision so that it could provide extended vision. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

-OogaBooga

bOb666777

Stand against the ugly world domination face!
Reaction score
Have you tried holding shift when double clicking the sight range value to change it?

OogaBooga

Reaction score
Noooo

DOH! :banghead: I take it back, that didn't work. It allows me to change the value in the editor, but it has no effect in the game >< I'm guessing I'm just gonna have to suck it up and work with the 1800 limit.

The suggestion of using a "reveal area" trigger is possible, but I don't know how to get the visibility circle to "follow" the unit as it moves. Making a create/destroy every X seconds trigger seems to be a bit inefficient and I'm afraid it would make my map laggy. Anyone else have a suggestion?

bOb666777

Stand against the ugly world domination face!
Reaction score
Ooga, it's the only way. It won't make your map laggy, unless you have a huge ton of units, but then, fog modifier or not, it's laggy anyways.

Making a create/destroy every X seconds trigger seems to be a bit inefficient
Thing is youre probably removing it instantly, am I right? You'd have to make a trigger so every 0.5 second (no need to be really smooth), create one, wait 0.5 second, delete it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.